PDA

View Full Version : horizontal multi board

Mr Pubstuff
17th April 2009, 10:21 AM
im hoping this isnt covered elsewhere.

i got a 48 in 1 for my cocktail, its beaut and the kids love it.

i got a upright type console from xygt and am in the process of getting a big lcd/plasma wall tv for it and would like to put a heap of horizontal games on it, but dont want to double up with the vertical cocktail games. Im happy to put on some fighters, but some of the multi boards have zillions of the KOF games which im not fussed for to be honest, so can anyone suggest something i should look at in jamma multiboards please?

Mikie
17th April 2009, 10:27 AM
Trog !

Crafty
17th April 2009, 10:48 AM
Bazz..

Maybe the Mame route, then you can choose what games go on the machine....

Esp if the computer outputs direct to the screen you are sourcing....

Mr Pubstuff
17th April 2009, 04:02 PM
geez crafty, i have enough problems just working out anything else pinball/arcade/pokie/jukebox, thats why i havent gone anything mame. im not sure this old dog can learn that many new tricks :laugh:

Crafty
17th April 2009, 10:39 PM
Plenty of help here mate from guys that have good mame set up's running already...Just thought seeing as it was a gutted cab and you were going with a flat screen as opposed to an arcade monitor Mame was an easy option....

And mate you don't look that old...:lol

Mr Pubstuff
18th April 2009, 10:41 AM
i think its all good inside it with 2 jamma looms etc. xygt reckons it was probably good to go once a jamma board was plugged in, but that wasnt 100% guaranteed if my old memory is correct (i have trouble remembering stuff from last week hehe).:(

its certainly a much better cabinet than the cocktail which needed everything inside junked. i do have a box here i was going to use for a jukebox, but i could mame it i guess.

some people arent just talented in some areas and i think thats one of mine with mame. :cry
ask me to rebuild a car, no problems, build a 800hp big block, design and run beer and softdrink lines thru a pub or club, no issue, work out what bolts are needed on windtowers or other applications like the shiplift, no problems, but software applications are just an issue sometimes (not always, i still have people coming to me for help ripping/burning/getting around passwords/cracking programs etc) but i just havent had a lot of luck getting mame up and running easily, which could be due to lack of time being able to sit down and play with it as i just dont have time to devote to anything new at present and struggle for time with what ive got already. its probably a piece of cake, but until you done it once, it doesnt seem so.:unsure
this is why if there was a jamma option, it would seem the easiest. maybe i'll email you and discuss it further rather than chew up the thread with sooky la-la things

biggeorge
20th April 2009, 06:20 PM
If you want a MAME setup for you, all you gotta do is post me your mobo/cpu/ram and hard drive and it'll come back a week or 2 later ready to plug & play.

It can be a prick to set up but once it's done it is a great system.

Mr Pubstuff
20th April 2009, 08:20 PM
wow george, now thats a mighty offer :o

rather than clog up the thread, i'll pm you (and that saves me also looking like more of a schmuck than i already do...) :redface

Crafty
20th April 2009, 08:22 PM
wow george, now thats a mighty offer :o

+1 Excellent Offer George.

There you go Bazz problem solvered...

Mr Pubstuff
20th April 2009, 08:51 PM
how wild eh crafty?

im thinking to use one of the tv's i have as the screen to cut down on dollars for now and buy time to get a cheaper lcd later. i have a 78 or 82cm (its 29" viewable) that the missus keeps bugging me to update by way of showing me catalogues for HD plasma/lcd which im holding out until we get a new place so i dont have to move it (and one will be cheaper later this year im sure) and i have a monitor style 26" in storage (worth a dollar 4 years ago when i stored it in the container..) that could be used also i guess.

now if only i could work out how to make a proper multi driving game with the twin cabinet ive been offered and i wont have need for anything else!

Crafty
20th April 2009, 11:33 PM
now if only i could work out how to make a proper multi driving game with the twin cabinet ive been offered and i wont have need for anything else!

2 x X-Box linked should do it :)

Mr Pubstuff
21st April 2009, 08:59 AM
x-box or x-box 360?
i guess im gonna be in your ear in the near future (you got off the hook for the last project hehe) :laugh:

Crafty
21st April 2009, 10:21 AM
x-box or x-box 360?
i guess im gonna be in your ear in the near future (you got off the hook for the last project hehe) :laugh:

X-box mate. Cheap to come by and still play all the old fav's.

Better still once modded with a HDD they can be soft booted with a combination of button presses and onto the next game.

Keep in mind the list of truly linkable games is limited, but there is enough to warrant it and then load other games on as well. For single player goodness.

Mr Pubstuff
21st April 2009, 01:04 PM
okey dokey, i'll put a couple of xbox's on my shopping list. i reckon my bro in law may even have a couple that have hard drives etc in them

Crafty
21st April 2009, 01:37 PM
okey dokey, i'll put a couple of xbox's on my shopping list. i reckon my bro in law may even have a couple that have hard drives etc in them

Mate even better if they are premodded...

Your shopping list sounds a lot like mine :)