PDA

View Full Version : Non-Arcade request: Are there any MS Excel experts who could help with some macros?

dmworking247
8th April 2009, 04:37 PM
Hi all,

Is there anybody who is proficient with Excel to help me with a spreadsheet with some 'relatively simple' macro and lookup type functions?

I've got a spreadsheet I'm trying to build to keep track of attendance and fees in a class, and would like to make it as easy for the person using the spreadsheet as:
Select the name
Input a payment amount, or click the 'attend' button (to record todays attendance).

I'm pretty good with SQL and some database software, and I know that this kind of function would be better in MS Access or similar, but I have my reasons for wanting to keep this in excel.

I have the basic worksheets and functions I want defined, I just need someone more proficient with excel to help add some buttons & macros?

Many thanks!

IMPURE
8th April 2009, 04:49 PM
Talk to Strydr on here he may know, hes pretty good with excel, hes on his honeymoon at the moment thou :)

ocdcsv
8th April 2009, 06:34 PM
Drop me a pm and i can help out.

Done alot in excel automation etc.

GEMINI
8th April 2009, 07:41 PM
i keep meaning to do a course in Excel
it is one of those programs that looks like it does nothing but is ever so powerfull
i have witnessed many people who know a little, but no one who knows a lot
if anyone knows of a great online tutorial for it feel free to post the link:cool:

ocdcsv
8th April 2009, 08:02 PM
What I tell people first is what do you want Excel to do for you.

Yes Excel can do heaps of functions/calculations and summary of information but you need an objective before using excel to make the best of it. Doing a course helps understand how to do it but you still need "why do I need excel"

elvis
8th April 2009, 09:15 PM
I know that this kind of function would be better in MS Access or similar
Well at least you acknowledged that much. You just saved yourself 3 pages of rant.

dmworking247
8th April 2009, 11:52 PM
Well at least you acknowledged that much. You just saved yourself 3 pages of rant.

The funniest part is, you were the very reason I put that disclaimer there.

Its a bad sign when you're that predictable Elvis. :D

felixthadog
9th April 2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Dale,

I have been writing a heap of Excel Macros lately at work, so if you get stuck I might be able to help.

Cheers,
Matthew

elvis
9th April 2009, 09:22 AM
The funniest part is, you were the very reason I put that disclaimer there.

Its a bad sign when you're that predictable Elvis. :D

I prefer the term "consistent". :)