PDA

View Full Version : Anybody repainting an old pinny?

terry007
10th August 2006, 02:06 PM
If you are doing up an old pinny and you are repainting the cab, you may need a spatter brush to apply the factory "spatter" or webbing.

These brushes are the "business" for doing this, they are recommended by many restorers on the net, because they get the right pattern in the right place.

Anyway I get mine next week and will let you know how it goes.

http://www.artmaterials.com.au/images/speckle_brush.jpg

@lien_Zed
10th August 2006, 08:45 PM
looks like a scrubbing brush for washing bottles:unsure

MadMikeAU
10th August 2006, 09:22 PM
I was gonna say a toilet brush :lol

Darksoul
10th August 2006, 09:32 PM
I recon a prostitute might use it when she needs a "rebore"

:evil

gunigoogoo
10th August 2006, 10:06 PM
Anyway I get mine next week and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks. Can't wait.

Ric
10th August 2006, 10:31 PM
should be neat

I need to either find someone scrapping an old gotltieb EM cab or build a front for mine
but will need to rapint and stencil afterwards - uses very fine webbing so interested in results

MadMikeAU
10th August 2006, 10:34 PM
I recon a prostitute might use it when she needs a "rebore"

:evil

GOLD :lol

Prof
10th August 2006, 10:38 PM
Yup, seen them before. Different sizes/ dif pattern desisty iirc, also, you can get a similar effect on a small area with a toothbrush, or a nail brush or any stiff brush and running your finger/bit of stick/etc over it.

Always perfect your techneque on scrap cardboard before trying on the real thing :)

Also, you can spider web with a spray gun by using thick paint (not thined at all), set the gun on no fan, full paint and vary the pressure to get the effect desired

If you want some halloween spider webs, get some clear automotive acrylic paint and use the above. When you spray from about 3 feet, you can build hollywood style spider weebs, can make something look real old. BUT, this is also flammible and a paint to clean off some stuff, so i would recommend putting something down like sheets to cover anything

The Pinny Parlour
12th August 2006, 08:12 PM
Here we go again.

You people have to keep things on topic and quit the name calling.

Some people don't find the comments, personal attacks, personal jokes, etc funny, and take offence at it. We are all here because of one reason: Arcade Games and related products. We all love it. We all find enjoyment in contributing and helping others. This is why this place is here.

Please read the following if your inclined to be bugged easily, or like to bug others: Internet Troll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll)

Please remember that we all share a common passion and interest.