PDA

View Full Version : Why would LCD monitor show boot screens but then turn off when windows loads?

Johno
28th March 2009, 04:10 PM
Hi,

I am having problems with an LCD Monitor. It shows all the bios boot screens etc fine but then when windows starts loading it turns itself off and wont display the screens anymore. What would be the cause of this? A driver problem or maybe my graphics card?

AskJacob
28th March 2009, 04:29 PM
It's either set to a resolution or refresh rate it can't handle.

Try starting in safe mode which will be in a low res, and changing the graphics settings before restarting.

Cheers
Jacob

Johno
28th March 2009, 04:33 PM
cool..thanks ill give that a go...remind me again how to start in safe mode?

It's either set to a resolution or refresh rate it can't handle.

Try starting in safe mode which will be in a low res, and changing the graphics settings before restarting.

Cheers
Jacob

felixthadog
28th March 2009, 04:51 PM
cool..thanks ill give that a go...remind me again how to start in safe mode?

After the POST screen is displayed, continually press F8 on your keyboard and eventually a menu will show with the option to start in Safe Mode.

Matthew

Johno
28th March 2009, 05:17 PM
managed to boot into safe mode but when i change the monitor settings and reboot nothing seems to work

lilcuda
29th March 2009, 02:16 AM
When you boot in safe mode are you logging into your account or the admins. I dont know if that would affect it or not but maybe the different users have the settings set differently ,worth a look .

opm881
29th March 2009, 10:33 AM
are you using the hd cable? if so, try a different one. Mine was doing the same before, swapped the cable out and it was fine.

@lien_Zed
29th March 2009, 10:35 AM
if you have a noher pc/laptop plug it in there

sounds like something simple like a faulty cable or screen refresh too high

Johno
29th March 2009, 10:36 AM
thanks for all your help guys. i actually fixed it...i just downloaded the driver for my video card and reinstalled it and it's working fine now!