PDA

View Full Version : psp and snes emulator..help

mcfly
19th March 2009, 08:00 PM
does anyone on the sunshine coast know how to get snes games to play on the psp ?. is it worth it .. and do they work ok ? oh and i have the latest model psp.
thanks
andrew

Brad
19th March 2009, 08:14 PM
I have NES, SNES, MEgadrive,v CPS2, Atari, PC Engine and quite a few others working on mine. Most play well and for the high end stuff frameskipping takes over.
Tell me what your doing and I'll try to help.

Brad

mcfly
19th March 2009, 09:06 PM
hi there , well i'm up on emulators on my pc , amiga snes etc ,, and pinmame , but i have never been able to get abything working on my psp in this regard , i think its beyond me .. maybe if you could tell me where to start , if the snes emulator works ok i would love to get that going .. i'll have more time tomorrow night so i'll check back then around same time .. might need baby steps i think .. appreciate any help ..
i've downloaded games before and none of them work either . i always get a corrupted file message ..

Johno
19th March 2009, 10:20 PM
You need to have PSP custom firmware installed on your PSP to run emulators /backups etc. if you have the latest PSP I'm pretty sure at the moment that you can't modfy it and put custom firmware on there but I could be wrong.

opm881
20th March 2009, 12:13 AM
the latest psp (3000) to my knowledge cannot be custom firmwared yet easily. last i heard about it was this: http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/accessories/hackers-boot-custom-firmware-on-psp-3000-using-gripshift-009687.php

but if you dont have a psp-3000 then its easy as

Brad
20th March 2009, 07:58 AM
Ah yes I'm assuming you've already firmware hacked your PSP? IF not what your trying to do will not work.

Cheers,
Brad