PDA

View Full Version : Where'd dem lights go ??

Wotto
8th August 2006, 08:54 AM
Man !!

Who would own a bloody William SS pin !!!!!:x
An idiot like me that's who !!:x

Latest 'episode' = Flash .....ALL general illumination is dead.:x

Using my VAST technical knowledge I have checked the fuse ( it's fine- swapped it anyway - still fine ) and looked for any broken wires in the circuit and at the connectors ( they're ALL fine I think ).

What do I do next?:unsure :cry

Cheers if you can help

Wotto
:D :p :D

gunigoogoo
8th August 2006, 09:10 AM
Man !!

Who would own a bloody William SS pin !!!!!:x
An idiot like me that's who !!:x

Latest 'episode' = Flash .....ALL general illumination is dead.:x

Using my VAST technical knowledge I have checked the fuse ( it's fine- swapped it anyway - still fine ) and looked for any broken wires in the circuit and at the connectors ( they're ALL fine I think ).

What do I do next?:unsure :cry

Cheers if you can help

Wotto
:D :p :D

Could be that there is a problem on the board itself where the pins are connected. Dodgy solder joint?

To check for possible breaks in the line, you need to check for a circuit between the wires at each globe and the end of the wire at the connector.

Just had a thought... I had this problem on my Demo Man but only on the left side. Turns out the connector was a bit dirty inside where the pins slide in so make sure these are clean. Perhaps use a small nail or wire to clean it out by sliding in and out a few times.

frs
8th August 2006, 09:12 AM
I'm NO expert but I'd guess that if all GI is out you might have a problem around the power supply or transformer? (burnt connector or something)?

I'd just go straight to Clay's website though. Link to System 3 - 7 Gi problems: http://marvin3m.com/sys37/index2.htm#giconnect

Good luck!

hamish_nz
8th August 2006, 09:17 AM
http://www.marvin3m.com/sys37/index.htm

have read marvins site.

Check you your votages. measure the voltage from power supply connector 3J4 pin 5 to 3J4 pin 1 (ground). There should be 18 volts DC. If there is no voltage (and fuse F3 is good), then chances are good that the backbox mounted lamp matrix bridge rectifier 6BR1 has failed.

humpalot
8th August 2006, 09:36 AM
The machine is it Flash or was it flash now no lights? 2 of my williams machines recently both lost there GI light's the problems on both were related to the header pins and connector on the power supplies. On one of them it also cooked the GI relay board pins on the backbox and under the playfield. Replaced the pins and connectors on each and problems were fixed. Flash of course has no GI relay boards, hope this helps.

Wotto
8th August 2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks guys - will check those things too.

:cool: