PDA

View Full Version : PC to pinball interface

poho
19th March 2009, 01:57 PM
Hey all,

Never posted here before, but thought i might show a bit of my latest project. I got a qberts quest playfield, which had most of the stuff still on it. This was JUST the playfield - no cabinet, no control boards or anything. In fact the wiring was still there, just lopped off at the top of the cabinet.

Aaaanyway im creating a pc interface for it, which will be able to control the entire game. Initially i was going to use a basic stamp for control, but i prefer c++ so its PC all the way.

Im blogging my worklog and info at http://thepoho.blogspot.com for anyone whos interested.

Current progress (not quite blogged about yet) is all GI and controlled lights are working (controlled by the PC/stamp!)

poho

David_AVD
19th March 2009, 02:40 PM
Excellent. Always good to see a DIY job. Keep up the good work. :023:

White_Spot?
14th April 2009, 08:23 AM
Good job poho. I have subscribed your blog because i don't wont to miss any part of your progress.

I?m thinking to make a similar project but using the pinmame-hw to recreate the original game.

Soon ill try to post something and start the project.

Arcade King
14th April 2009, 08:25 AM
wow how did i miss this post. great to see it finished.

LOTR4U
14th April 2009, 10:51 AM
Nice work dude. :D

poho
15th April 2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks fellas!

I've been out of the country for the last few weeks so i've been unable to update the blog, but will get around to it shortly!

Ive become kind of an expert on the HW side of things (for pinmamehw lights at least) and have noticed a few 'strangenesses' on the pinmame hw instructions - so if you run into a wall, let me know, i might be able to help

White_Spot?
20th April 2009, 04:29 PM
Maybe soon (i hope) i contact you for some help / guidance :D hehe.