PDA

View Full Version : Music DVD's Ripping ?

Crafty
19th March 2009, 09:48 AM
Hi all

I have numerous music DVD's that I would like to include on my jukebox. Obviously they would need some compression before then as well as splitting into individual tracks.

Anyone know of some software to do this??

Cheers

gints
19th March 2009, 10:20 AM
It's been AGES since I was into ripping DVDs etc, but I'll try remember!

I used to use DVDDecrypter to get the large VOB files, then I think AutoGK which would compress the video and audio, then VirtualDub to put them together and fix for any delays/sync issues.

Nowadays I think you can use like DrDivx or something to do it all, and it will create one AVI file with the best ssettings possible given your target file size (classically 700mb or 1.4gb to fit on CDs). Then you could cut that AVI up with any video editing software. There is a chance that you could tell DrDivx or whatever to cut and commpress by chapter as well.

Like I said, havent done it in AGES, but I think it would be very simple these days.

Johns-Arcade
19th March 2009, 10:24 AM
Hi all

I have numerous music DVD's that I would like to include on my jukebox. Obviously they would need some compression before then as well as splitting into individual tracks.

Anyone know of some software to do this??

Cheers

I use DVD Shrink (uncompressed). You can edit each clip down to their individual Vob file after that. I've also used DVD Rip and from memory this saves the file as an Mpeg. Once that's done I normalise the sound (Or replace it) with a commercial program called Vegas Pro.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

mxd
19th March 2009, 10:46 AM
acejas was going to do something like this a while ago, it seems like he has a tool or a way to do it ?

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=19618

Crafty
19th March 2009, 11:32 AM
Will experiment with the above suggestions and programs, and feed back the results.

If there are other alternatives than already listed please feel free to add.

Cheers

Nidzdotnet
19th March 2009, 03:35 PM
CDEX.. It's free and it works fine..

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

mxd
19th March 2009, 03:42 PM
does that do music vid extraction from dvds

Mr Pubstuff
19th March 2009, 04:43 PM
ive used dvdshrink and dvd decrypter for my dvds for years and work pretty well faultlessly (i use decrypter only if shrink has an issue which is pretty rare).

i got quite a few music dvd's if you want a list chris?

Crafty
19th March 2009, 05:06 PM
i got quite a few music dvd's if you want a list chris?

Did you need to ask??? :)

ostybeef
19th March 2009, 06:28 PM
i got a few dvds you can borrow also mate, maybe some stuff that you dont have

Crafty
19th March 2009, 07:42 PM
i got a few dvds you can borrow also mate, maybe some stuff that you dont have

Excellent.....

PS found the CPS cart mounting brackets if you need them :)

@lien_Zed
19th March 2009, 10:00 PM
dvdshrink will not handle copy protected dvds

dvdshrink will only work on dvds that have no copy protection

however you can get around this

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

the free version will copy the entire dvd to hdd and remove all protections along the way

downside to this , its the free version so wont compress to fit on a 4.4 gig dvd
so now you run dvdshrink and point it at the directory you just copied the files to n the hdd and it will compress the video files to fit a 4.4 gig dvd

OR

copy the dvd to a hdd directory and run the program free dvd

it will scan the directory and remove all copy protection and fix the vobs like ripitfree used to do

or

install ubuntu linux and run "k9copy" and copy any dvd you like and skrink to fit on to 4.4 gig dvd and have no dramas at all

many choices
choose your poison

Brootal
23rd March 2009, 05:26 PM
It's been AGES since I was into ripping DVDs etc, but I'll try remember!

I used to use DVDDecrypter to get the large VOB files, then I think AutoGK which would compress the video and audio, then VirtualDub to put them together and fix for any delays/sync issues.

Nowadays I think you can use like DrDivx or something to do it all, and it will create one AVI file with the best ssettings possible given your target file size (classically 700mb or 1.4gb to fit on CDs). Then you could cut that AVI up with any video editing software. There is a chance that you could tell DrDivx or whatever to cut and commpress by chapter as well.

Like I said, havent done it in AGES, but I think it would be very simple these days.

I did something like this, DVDDecrypyer, strips the VOB files, it can also pull the tracks down as individual VOB files, there was a setting in there that did that somewhere. (no need to muck about with cutting it up later, also this seemed to get around all the sync issues I had with complete vobs)

then AGK to convert the VOB files to xvid, you can muck around with compression as you want until you're happy with quality/size.

Had this software for ages, still works for me.