PDA

View Full Version : Frigged if I know

ACE FREHLEY
26th November 2005, 01:16 PM
When I use horizontal hold the top and middle sways first...then eventually the bottom.
I cannot get a straight lines vertically down the sides...

Thought I would be able to adjust the H size with an alan key so the sides are not noticable...but it does nothing????

Anyone know whats happening here :unsure

MadMikeAU
26th November 2005, 04:58 PM
I have seen that while making my own harnesses. It usually means that the sync signal is crap.

Check any solders in that region that you have made. Maybe cleaning the terminals of the jamma connector.

It could also be video ground not being grounded properly. Check that too.

ACE FREHLEY
28th November 2005, 07:12 AM
I have seen that while making my own harnesses. It usually means that the sync signal is crap.

Check any solders in that region that you have made. Maybe cleaning the terminals of the jamma connector.

It could also be video ground not being grounded properly. Check that too.

Thanks for the reply. The only thing I have done is earthed the biscuit 14 to 1
it works fine in my other cab but it is vertical screen. wouldn't even work in this cab till I earthed it. now I got this prob. All terminals look clean. It is really buggin me as I waited heaps to get this game :cry

MadMikeAU
28th November 2005, 07:53 AM
14 is video ground. Is it a good solder? If it is, did you use regular thin jumper wire or a thicker wire? Maybe a thicker wire is needed, because you arent giving it enough electrons.

ACE FREHLEY
28th November 2005, 10:40 AM
Will give it a go!...thanx
Hmmm...now what lead can I cut up that the Mrs won't find out about :D

Nope still the same ...... :cry :cry :x :x :evil

Thanks anyway :)

MadMikeAU
28th November 2005, 05:48 PM
Maybe its time to start blaming the cab, then. LOL