PDA

View Full Version : MGL - T8 Game 2: Donkey Kong

Amy
9th March 2009, 07:58 PM
Game 2: Donkey Kong

Not nominated (top 100 list)

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242103216.png

No current high score for this game

You are a workman named Mario who climbs girders and ladders and will stop at nothing to save his stolen love from the clutches of the giant ape.
Using the joystick and the Jump button, you maneuver Mario over rolling barrels, away from falling barrels, over or away from fireballs and cement tubs, away from bouncing rivets, up and down ladders, along girders and conveyor belts, onto elevators, over rivets to remove them and over dangerous crevices, to get to where the ape holds the girl captive. For additional points, Mario gathers umbrellas, hats, purses and other bonus items that the girl has dropped on her way to the top of the building. Mario can also grab a hammer (by jumping up to it) to smash barrels, fireballs, and cement tubs for additional points but the hammer can only be used for a limited amount of time.

On the Girder, Elevator and Conveyor Belt levels, whenever Mario reaches Pauline, Donkey Kong will grab her and carry her off to the next higher level. But on the Rivet level, Mario must remove all the rivets on each and every floor by running or jumping over them. After all the rivets are removed, Donkey Kong will fall head first onto a stack of girders and be knocked out and then Mario and Pauline will be together again for good. Afterwards, the game starts over again with increased difficulty.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8745)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.
Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.
Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.
Your scores need to be in by next Monday 16th OF March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).
Amz

DKong
9th March 2009, 08:10 PM
Its on like Donkey Kong.
Just to clarify does it matter if we play the US or JAP set, I'm beastly careless either way.

Amy
9th March 2009, 08:32 PM
US (Set 1)

Not that I would be able to tell the difference :)

wingtipvortex
9th March 2009, 08:36 PM
:) It is on like donkey Kong.

DKong
9th March 2009, 08:45 PM
:) It is on like donkey Kong.

Might bring a few out of the woodwork, I know you pawn me on this game :laugh:

wingtipvortex
9th March 2009, 08:56 PM
Might bring a few out of the woodwork, I know you pawn me on this game :laugh:
funny thing is ive had Kong block for the last week or so:( Just cant seem to get it together at all.

But yeah, looking forward to see some good DK players in this one:)

Foot
9th March 2009, 09:03 PM
I can honestly say I have never spent a geat deal of time playing DK. I spend most of my time playing the Crazy Kong in the Fish and Chip shop, so this should be good :D

DKong
9th March 2009, 09:09 PM
It looks like out with the Zippy and in with the 4-way for this game, might just borrow one from my DK Cocktail while its in remission. And remove those micro switch buttons and put in some new leaf buttons I have.

MonoJoker
9th March 2009, 09:58 PM
It looks like out with the Zippy and in with the 4-way for this game, might just borrow one from my DK Cocktail while its in remission. And remove those micro switch buttons and put in some new leaf buttons I have.

Hmmmm I'm just going to change the little plate on the bottom of my stick (not sure what it is) so it's a 4 way :D

Crazy Kong is so much easier I can score at least double my best DK score on it.

Anyway off to try and get a score!

DKong
9th March 2009, 10:20 PM
Hmmmm I'm just going to change the little plate on the bottom of my stick (not sure what it is) so it's a 4 way :D

Crazy Kong is so much easier I can score at least double my best DK score on it.

Anyway off to try and get a score!

Its only a five minute job so will be worth it for the week, plus I have been meaning to change my buttons to leaf switch they just bounce back that little bit more quicker.
Should be a good week of Donkey Kong I just want to crack 100,000 on the US set to start with.

wingtipvortex
9th March 2009, 10:45 PM
Ill start the ball rolling with this score, died stupidly a couple of times early on:redface.
Edit....Whoops, heres my screenshot for midweek

DKong
9th March 2009, 10:55 PM
Ill start the ball rolling with this score, died stupidly a couple of times early on:redface.

You have to learn the midweek bonus trick ;) Unless there is an Ace up your sleeve there Andy, now I'm not sure if you are bluffing or thats your best so far.
What level 5 ?

wingtipvortex
9th March 2009, 11:20 PM
You have to learn the midweek bonus trick ;) Unless there is an Ace up your sleeve there Andy, now I'm not sure if you are bluffing or thats your best so far.
What level 5 ?
No bluffing here mate, thats my best so far;). Although i think i scored higher at your place the other week. Youll have to do a check for me.

L6 mate, got lucky with the elevators, died twice on L1:realmad:

DKong
9th March 2009, 11:41 PM
No bluffing here mate, thats my best so far;). Although i think i scored higher at your place the other week. Youll have to do a check for me.

L6 mate, got lucky with the elevators, died twice on L1:realmad:

There was some hard core DK that week we even played the 48-1 at the Bowling Alley in search of Games in Launceston :laugh:,with crappy joysticks and buttons, we just had to get the highscores though :laugh:

spacies
10th March 2009, 07:14 AM

Is that just Level 6 or 6 times around from the start?
Will have a couple of games today.

MonoJoker
10th March 2009, 11:30 AM
Is that just Level 6 or 6 times around from the start?
Will have a couple of games today.

Would have to be 6 times through for that score. Just getting through the first 6 "screens" would only see around 35-40K. Unless he's using hammer on a helluva lot of 800 point baddies :lol

Cheers
LT.

wingtipvortex
10th March 2009, 11:41 AM
Yep, 6 times round from the start. 24 individual levels.

spacies
10th March 2009, 11:42 AM
Eek!

MonoJoker
10th March 2009, 07:25 PM
Here's my rather poor effort - once I get the hang of the 4th level elevator screen I should crack 100k. Practice, practice, practice...

wingtipvortex
10th March 2009, 11:24 PM
Here's my rather poor effort - once I get the hang of the 4th level elevator screen I should crack 100k. Practice, practice, practice...
Thats a decent score mate:) 4th elevators is where that level becomes a pain in the ring.

Gehirn
12th March 2009, 06:40 PM
Im horrible at Dkong first time I have ever played but will post a score and try and get better ... :unsure

MonoJoker
12th March 2009, 06:50 PM
Thats a decent score mate:) 4th elevators is where that level becomes a pain in the ring.

Cheers. My main problem is I always played Crazy Kong which is much too easy in comparison - slow elevators first time through, levels play in order, etc. DK is a shock to the system after that :)

Cheers
LT.

spacies
12th March 2009, 06:52 PM
Strange.

My US Set 1 goes to 50m then back to the first stage but its now level 2.
The Jap one goes to 100m though :unsure

wingtipvortex
12th March 2009, 07:06 PM
Strange.

My US Set 1 goes to 50m then back to the first stage but its now level 2.
The Jap one goes to 100m though :unsure
This is "normal" for US set

L1 1-4

L2 1-3-4

L3 1-2-3-4.

L4 1-2-1-3-4

L5 1-2-1-3-1-4

L6 through L21 all remain the same as L5

L22 1 (Kill screen).

Rat
13th March 2009, 02:00 PM
US set is sooo much harder than the others, but somehow even though I score crap I still prefer it.

Looks like I'm not going to be very competitive in T8. After missing the first game, then this average score, now I have to go back to work and won't have any time to play.

Spread the trophies around, don't let DKong win another ;)

I've had a good year for awards and trophies already, with T7 win, and my wife and I just got trophies for a mixed pair 12hr mountain bike race win. Also had another couple of recent MTB wins, and got my IUF level 2 certificate for Unicycle.

Now I'm getting prepared for the State MTB champs next weekend, and the weekend after I'm doing my first ever 24hr MTB solo race. (faaaark)

So I won't have much time to compete here, cause I'm too busy competing everywhere else. But I will drop in and have a bash at some of the classics now and then.

Good luck everyone.

spacies
13th March 2009, 08:04 PM
**** these barrels! Grrrrrr.

wingtipvortex
13th March 2009, 08:27 PM
Just a little tip with the barrels( incase you dont know ), you can control, to a point, where the barrels will fall, try and group them together if you can.

spacies
13th March 2009, 08:47 PM
No idea on that!
I have almost had enough of this game anyway :(

wingtipvortex
13th March 2009, 08:58 PM
Heres a vid on barrel control. Point pressing is not essential for good scores, but if you want awsome scores, its the only way to go.

YouTube - Donkey Kong 16K Challenge

spacies
13th March 2009, 09:03 PM
Jeepers! Thats beyond me man. No time to practice that much.

wingtipvortex
13th March 2009, 09:25 PM
Jeepers! Thats beyond me man. No time to practice that much.:D Id expect you'd have to be a little obsessed to play that much. I only discovered PP a few days ago, and its FARKIN hard.

MonoJoker
13th March 2009, 10:34 PM
Heres a vid on barrel control. Point pressing is not essential for good scores, but if you want awsome scores, its the only way to go.

YouTube - Donkey Kong 16K Challenge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qBnQ2-gzo)

Hahaha some awesome stuff there and I suspect some luck - is that you wingtip or someone else's effort?

My only query is what's the go with not being killed when the timer ran out?

Cheers
LT.

DKong
13th March 2009, 10:43 PM
Thinking about changing my username :rolleyes

Foot
13th March 2009, 11:14 PM
Come on DK, even I've got more than that (still less than 100K) :cry:

Score: 95400

Got here once, can't seem to do it again

wingtipvortex
13th March 2009, 11:47 PM
Hahaha some awesome stuff there and I suspect some luck - is that you wingtip or someone else's effort?

My only query is what's the go with not being killed when the timer ran out?

Cheers
LT.
I wish it was me man;) Me and Dkong had the same question about the timer, i tested it, and its seems to me you get about 6 seconds after it reaches zero. Then you expire.

Thinking about changing my username :rolleyes

I swear youve done more than that score man, i thought you were around 80/85K????

DKong
13th March 2009, 11:57 PM
I wish it was me man;) Me and Dkong had the same question about the timer, i tested it, and its seems to me you get about 6 seconds after it reaches zero. Then you expire.

I swear youve done more than that score man, i thought you were around 80/85K????

Damn want to rip 8-way joystick out and shove it where the sun does not shine, how many TIMES STUCK ON A LADDER:realmad:

wingtipvortex
13th March 2009, 11:58 PM
Damn want to rip 8-way joystick out and shove it where the sun does not shine, how many TIMES STUCK ON A LADDER:realmad:
Horizontal cab, 4 way..........do it:laugh:

DKong
14th March 2009, 12:00 AM
Horizontal cab, 4 way..........do it:laugh:

:realmad: That where I pulled the 4-way out of, now needs soldering and refitting :realmad:

****ity **** ****

wingtipvortex
14th March 2009, 12:08 AM
:realmad: That where I pulled the 4-way out of, now needs soldering and refitting :realmad:

****ity **** ****
Ohhh FARK IT........:rolleyes

Foot
14th March 2009, 12:10 AM
Come Dk 100k with the 8 way, it can be done

DKong
14th March 2009, 12:17 AM
Come Dk 100k with the 8 way, it can be done

Some Noosa heads might do the trick;)

wingtipvortex
14th March 2009, 12:55 AM
Some Noosa heads might do the trick;)
Or a bit of go-anna:lol

DKong
14th March 2009, 02:05 AM
Or a bit of go-anna:lol

how do you smoke that :laugh:
or She said "I'll go if Dingos".

Oi
look in the corner and there's Bass sittin there, not getting into it, not getting out of it, I said "What, is Bass Strait or somthin?" Boomer says "As a matter a fact mate, he's a cop" I said "Ya jokin mate, a cop, I'm getting outta here, lets Goanna." She said "No way, I'm hangin round till Gum leaves. Besides, I dont wanna leave Jacardanda party on his own. Have you seen him? I think he's trying to crack on Toowoomba, he's already tried to Mount Isa And he'll definitely try to lead you Australiana!"
:p

Davefjedi
14th March 2009, 08:17 AM
You guys really do need to go to bed earlier:rolleyes

Amy
14th March 2009, 08:47 AM
I need to see a screenshot from wingtipvortex for your midweek submission.

DKong
14th March 2009, 12:44 PM
You guys really do need to go to bed earlier:rolleyes

you're not wrong narelle:030:

wingtipvortex
14th March 2009, 04:22 PM
Very stressfull game that one:o L8

MonoJoker
14th March 2009, 05:24 PM
Well I got past Level 4 elevator - then promptly lost my last man on the next stage LOL. Ah well I cracked 100 and with a bit more practise I might even get to L05. How how can you try!

Cheers
LT.

DKong
15th March 2009, 08:30 PM
Yep those L4 elevators are lot harder than the previous ones, going to have to work them out before I will improve.

spacies
16th March 2009, 07:08 PM
Thats it for me.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2001/10876724/21662036/358327842.jpg

spaceballs
16th March 2009, 07:40 PM
trying my best....lol....the games that have come up i never played. First time for me on DK...sharing the knowledge on how ppl get huge scores AFTER the tourney is finished would be good if your interested???

Pash
16th March 2009, 07:55 PM
Didn't get anytime over the weekend to give it a go worse luck. Only just got this score and doubled my previous.

Amy
16th March 2009, 09:09 PM
MGL - T8
Game 2 Results

Game 2 is officially over

Congratulations to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 2: DKong

wingtipvortex now holds high score for this game with 177.400

1. wingtipvortex 177,400
125 points (100 score 25 midweek)

2. Monojoker 104,400
59 points

3. Spacies 1003,700
58 points

4. Foot 95,400
54 points

5. DKong 80,500
45 points

6. Pash 56,700
32 points

7. Rat 55,000
31 points

8. xxjardinexx 22,000
12 points

9. MVSV Builder 5300
3 points

Leaderboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=21740) has been updated

Scoreboard (http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=13631) has been updated