PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watched Starcade?

xygt
3rd August 2006, 11:38 PM
Hi,

Haven't seen this name around for a while, and just wondered if the newer people to the hobby had heard of it?

It was an 80's game show where contestants would answer arcade game related questions, then get to play particular games for bonus points.

At the end of the show, the winner got a shot at winning their own arcade game by obtaining a pre-determined high score on the contestants game of choice. There were usually a few different games to choose from per episode.

More details can be found here: http://www.starcade.tv/Starcade/starframe.htm
Gotta dig those 80's haircuts!!!

I have a fair few episodes on CD, and can make a DVD copy to share out if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Xygt

Mrvfone
4th August 2006, 04:47 AM
Was this on pay TV?

My friend was telling me there is an arcade show on pay TV.. But i don`t have pay TV.. So can`t check.

No idea which one... Might be Foxtel?

Mrv.

The Pinny Parlour
4th August 2006, 07:48 AM
I have heard of this american show, I still haven't manage to get any episodes of it though.
I'm interested in a DVD of what you have Xygt.

DKong
4th August 2006, 11:36 AM
Hi,

Haven't seen this name around for a while, and just wondered if the newer people to the hobby had heard of it?

It was an 80's game show where contestants would answer arcade game related questions, then get to play particular games for bonus points.

At the end of the show, the winner got a shot at winning their own arcade game by obtaining a pre-determined high score on the contestants game of choice. There were usually a few different games to choose from per episode.

More details can be found here: http://www.starcade.tv/Starcade/starframe.htm
Gotta dig those 80's haircuts!!!

I have a fair few episodes on CD, and can make a DVD copy to share out if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Xygt

Yep I would be more than interested in a DVD of that!

xygt
4th August 2006, 08:38 PM
No problems. I'll compile the episodes I have to DVD and send it to Pinny Parlour, who can send it on from there.
When it comes to my turn with the Mame DVD's (or possibly HDD by then) I'll add the episodes to it.
Have a box of tissues ready, as you will not believe the original cabinets you will see being played!!!

Cheers,
Xygt

The Pinny Parlour
20th August 2006, 04:48 PM
thanks xygt,

Have received them. The disk was damaged but I was able to get half of them off. lucky :)

Thanks mate.

catty
20th August 2006, 05:02 PM
I'll have a look when your finsihed Ian. then pass them on.

xygt
20th August 2006, 08:47 PM
Can't have that mate, I'll do another one and send it to you. Post your thoughts on what you've seen so far if you could, as I'd be interested to know.

Cheers,
Xygt

buzzbox
21st August 2006, 07:45 AM
Please can i get a copy of that !?! I

catty
8th September 2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks Ian got the DVD's and copied them to my hard drive. They are gold. See the 1st episode had my fav game Tazz mania. I laughed the whole way through. ****ing yanks they are hilarious. " Gee sure, I'll probably do real well on this one, chuck."

Who's next, pm your address and I'll chuck them in the post.

Catty

xygt
9th September 2006, 08:21 AM
Even better, whoever was next, please PM me your addy and I'll send another copy with the missing episodes (don't know what happened).

Xygt