PDA

View Full Version : 50 cd ROWE-AMI-circa '90's

Railways
27th February 2009, 10:36 PM
Going to pick up a JB tomorrow but the laser is cactus. Any help on repair leads appreciated.:)

arcadus
27th February 2009, 11:28 PM
I've bought a stylus from this place but they deal in CD jukeboxes as well.
They can be expensive but parts don't seem to be too bad.
Perhaps try other jukebox vendors in your state.:unsure

http://www.dickesons.com.au/sales_parts_service.php

Railways
2nd March 2009, 12:24 AM
many thanks for the lead - appreciated:)

Railways
6th March 2009, 11:37 PM
Well so far I've learn't it's hard to believe that any one that's interested in pins and arcades isn't the least bit curious about Jukes. I've had 2 for a week now and being American made the similarities in the way they work with self diagnosis & the maybe the start of "fuzzy logic". Same as pins as you can programme pricing, freeplay but also spits out things like popular requests and timed freplay. My thanks to a New Yorker who has helped me heaps with links and advice as I go down this new path.:)

Railways
1st April 2009, 09:53 PM
Re the laser replacement I ended up not getting the old Phillips CDM-3 repaired in case of future other problems due to its age. Bought an upgrade kit from Suzo-happ in the states which uses a Sanyo laser and replacement board to bring it up to CDM-12. Instructions a bit "chinese" but it's up and running and sounds great. My thanks to Cindy at Happ for her help and my New Yorker friend for the lead.:)

Mr Pubstuff
3rd April 2009, 06:26 PM
i so want a juke, but $$ means im prob consigned to a homebuilt computer job, but i do see rowes cheap from time to time and this upgrade sounds neat. i'll go suss out the info online myself rather than ask silly questions as to price etc here. :cool:

arcadus
4th April 2009, 09:49 AM
Depends what you want. I picked up a non-working Rockola "console" 45rpm 160 selection for $300. The seller pointed to a relay and said the capacitor fuse was broken.:blink: but it was a simple mechanical fault.

Mr Pubstuff
4th April 2009, 09:56 AM
300? sheesh.............:cry

longreach
4th April 2009, 11:42 AM
Glad to hear your on a winner there JPD. I want a jukebox to but room, more than money restraints probly mean it will be a PC job. I would kill for one of those Pioneer laserjuke's if I could fit it.... and for the right price of course :cool:

Railways
8th April 2009, 10:37 PM
Glad to hear your on a winner there JPD. I want a jukebox to but room, more than money restraints probly mean it will be a PC job. I would kill for one of those Pioneer laserjuke's if I could fit it.... and for the right price of course :cool:Might sound corny but the older jukes(90's) pump out some good sound utilizing the sheers size of it as a boom box. As far as size restraints go they maybe a tad wider than a pin but twice as short.

longreach
8th April 2009, 10:41 PM
nah i totally get what you mean jpd. jukebox would be preferable, but it'd have to be a good deal to sacrifice the pinny space :)

narf_
9th April 2009, 02:18 AM
i know mine weighs around the same as 100 odd pinnies :lol

stuba
9th April 2009, 06:06 AM
wow. just spotted this thread. i have been fixing/working on some AMI Rowe LaserJuke 100's - CD100A-D. Started with 4 non-working. have now got 2 of them going. They fortunately came with full manuals which makes life easier. There is a AMI Rowe parts distributor in Sydney but bloody expensive. I needed some keypad micro-switches which they pinged me $12 each for! Thinking about keeping one but don't know what they are worth?? Hopefully they don't sell by weight!

Also trying to do a deal on a Seeburg 101 or 161 (1952 - 100 x 45's) that needs restoration. Have even offered to do the resto for free (labour) just to work on it. Amazing piece of gear. Straight out of happy days (with tail lights mounted on front!) This is the 101, the tail light one is the 161.

YouTube - Seeburg 101[/QUOTE]

Railways
10th April 2009, 10:42 PM
Both the Jukes are cracking along. Some of you guy's have got too get one of these in your games rooms - Just adds to the atmosphere.:)