3rd August 2006, 08:18 PM
As per the tittle post all transport and frieght options here

For smaller parcels

http://www.greyhoundfreight.com.au/retailrates.asp

revolt
3rd August 2006, 08:52 PM
Air Road Direct

http://www.airroaddirect.com.au

8 machines received from 3 separate locations (QLD metro and country to WA metro) without any damage. Delivery took 5-6 days from memory.

Pinball was $225 (QLD metro)
Astro City was $350ish (QLD country)
60kg Vending machines (same size as a small arcade machine) were $250 each (QLD country)

By far the best freight company I have used so far.

Strangeways
22nd November 2006, 12:58 PM
Aladdins on the Move

This is the company that has recently advertised its services on eBay.

I had a very good experience with them, and I would recommend them for your pinball / arcade equipment needs.

Two pinballs, dismantled, bubble wrapped and ready to pick up from Sydney to melbourne = $352 (or $176 each).

If the pinnies are not dismantled, the price increases to about $250 each (please check with them first).

The machines arrived without a scratch, and I did see them blanketed and strapped to the truck = very professional.

The owners = Garry & Linda were great to deal with, and the drivers were very helpful with updates throughout the day on their progress.

The only downside was that the delivery was one week late because of unforeseen circumstances, but that was not an issue for me. The machines arrived safely and that's the main thing.

The driver mentioned to me that the owner, Garry, is a pinball and arcade fanatic who understands the "Stress" we go through for our machines. They plan on working more and more with us for our transportation requirements...

Fully recommended !

:cool:

Scag
3rd April 2007, 02:00 AM
Last year I used Chess Moving to transport 4 pins (3 were widebodies) from a place 20 minutes out of Adelaide to my house 200kms south of Perth. I shopped around and they were by far the cheapest at $671.00. That did not include packaging or insurance because the owner packed them for me (did a shit job though) and I got insurance through a broker because it was cheaper.
Anyway they did a great job and I would use them again. These people are used to shipping pianos and antiques etc so that was good enough for me.

Dave

LOTR4U
26th September 2007, 05:23 PM
RTS Transport.

Cost me $150 from Goldcoast to Sydney. :D

bwodie
23rd October 2007, 01:23 PM
I have just payed for a palleted pinny to be moved from a residential address in banora point (qld/nsw border) to Newcastle Depot for $177

Vella Transport
02 8787 3300

Gav
23rd October 2007, 02:09 PM
I have just payed for a palleted pinny to be moved from a residential address in banora point (qld/nsw border) to Newcastle Depot for $177

Vella Transport
02 8787 3300

Glad they helped you Bwodie.Found that Indy yet?:D

bwodie
23rd October 2007, 02:48 PM
yeah, thanks for the hook up!
still searching mate, any leads for me? :)

Gav
23rd October 2007, 03:08 PM
yeah, thanks for the hook up!
still searching mate, any leads for me? :)

One on ebay, looks abit rough near flippers though

Diverdown
26th October 2007, 05:32 PM
I just had a maximvs maga machine transported from Adelaide to Melbourne for $200

I used Tea Tree Gully Removals & Storage Ph: (08) 8260 3477

It was picked up from the ebay sellers address and brought to the Melbourne wharehouse where I picked it up. I was not fussy on delivery time and was happy to wait (all of 3 days). Basically they popped it into a container with another load to Melb.

For $200 for the size of the machine it was very good. Most prices I got were $700.

And in case you are wondering the machine cost me $360 :cool:

Retro71
15th April 2008, 10:08 AM
Hey guys,

I need to get 1 machine from Rooty Hill to Rouse Hill (not to far away) in Sydney.

Does anyone know a place to get this done cheaply ? (like a man and a ute hire type thing)

prktkljokr
29th June 2008, 02:42 PM
This site has some dimensions an weights on some of the larger machines
http://www.arcadegames.net/freight.htm

senchang
3rd September 2008, 12:50 PM
Any idea where to find cheap transport to ship SEGA Blast City From WA To Brisbane ??

kitty
22nd December 2008, 01:25 PM
hey all

if anyone is interested in importing any machines from China/Europe/USA let me know.. i work in shipping, and whilst i may not be able to actually ORGANISE anything, i can help with quotes and recommendations for brokers/forwarders and any Customs issues....

(although, if you're looking at importing say a container load of machines... i'm the girl to help ya out!!)

dezbaz
22nd December 2008, 07:12 PM
Interfreight logistics helped me recently, Adelaide to Perth

91 KG arcade machine, $220 (BUT not pickups/dropoffs or tail lift)

It was depot to depot

Arrived in good nic, (except it doesn't work now LOL) - Sounds good hey

phreak97
23rd January 2009, 01:01 PM
Air Road Direct

http://www.airroaddirect.com.au

8 machines received from 3 separate locations (QLD metro and country to WA metro) without any damage. Delivery took 5-6 days from memory.

Pinball was $225 (QLD metro)
Astro City was $350ish (QLD country)
60kg Vending machines (same size as a small arcade machine) were $250 each (QLD country)

By far the best freight company I have used so far.

looks like i'll be using them too, for a cocktail rts quoted $460 door to door nsw to sa,
airroad quoted $140. rts didnt even care what the dimensions were, he said if it's smaller than a pinball machine the price doesnt go down cos it's their minimum size or something..

edit:

finalised transport detials with airroad direct. ended up being $118! only drawback is you have to package it up yourself, but with a price like that i reckon it's worth it.

Etch71
29th January 2009, 09:45 PM
hey all

if anyone is interested in importing any machines from China/Europe/USA let me know.. i work in shipping, and whilst i may not be able to actually ORGANISE anything, i can help with quotes and recommendations for brokers/forwarders and any Customs issues....

(although, if you're looking at importing say a container load of machines... i'm the girl to help ya out!!)

Have often fantasied about bringing over a container load of arcades from the US, but the way the dollar is at the moment may need to hold off. Any idea on shipping cost for one of those big banger containers. What sorts of customs issues does one need to overcome? Do you know what insurance costs would be? Thanks Kitty :redface

kitty
30th January 2009, 09:35 AM
Have often fantasied about bringing over a container load of arcades from the US, but the way the dollar is at the moment may need to hold off. Any idea on shipping cost for one of those big banger containers. What sorts of customs issues does one need to overcome? Do you know what insurance costs would be? Thanks Kitty :redface

heya etch.....

well there i would imagine, for arcades, you'd only need a 20 foot container. (correct me if i'm wrong :D)
so costs involved are......

1) local port (terminal - container handling) charges at port of loading - (in load port currency)
2) freight charges (the shipping freight charge) - from the US roughly around 2500 USD.
3) destination port charges (in australia - usually around 500 bucks AUD)
4) customs duty, import licence - (although all of this can be overcome by using a customs brokers / freight forwarder - which i HIGHLY recommend, especially if this is your first shipment, as they can sort all your required paperwork/customs requirements) - customs duty is 10% of cargo value (GST equivalency)
5) insurance - i cant help you with.... it would be negotiated with the seller (i think)
6) transport charges - again, customs broker can sort this for you, but basically the charge to pick up and return the container. you generally have 10 days to return the empty container before you accrue any charges. with ' demurrage' or storage charges at the wharf, you have 3 days from when the vessel arrives to pick up the container from the wharf, otherwise you will accrue charges.

i hope this helps....:unsure

its almost impossible to give definate prices ( and i only deal with China/Japan/ Taiwan/ Korea in my day to day work, so these are rough estimates.

hope this wasnt a totally crappy response, and it helps you to a certain degree.
it's not easy to give an estimate... there are a lot of variables.

if you want some extra advice, PM with some more details.

dalendie
25th February 2009, 01:12 AM
As i posted in an earlier thread, prior to seeing this one :)......

Cope sensative Freight Transport i think the website is www.cope.com.au....
To move a poker machine size item weighing 40kg from Brisbane to Darwin they quoted me:

$73 .......yes seriously........ and that was non-account standard public rates. and they even make sure it is packed correctly etc.....

as yet have not used them, as i have had a few more 'pressing' personal dramas that have needed more attention, but i will for sure be looking them up in the near future

(we use them weekly with work to transport copiers etc, and they are really good.)

Jomac
25th February 2009, 02:36 AM
As i posted in an earlier thread, prior to seeing this one :)......

Cope sensative Freight Transport i think the website is www.cope.com.au....
To move a poker machine size item weighing 40kg from Brisbane to Darwin they quoted me:

$73 .......yes seriously........ and that was non-account standard public rates. and they even make sure it is packed correctly etc.....

as yet have not used them, as i have had a few more 'pressing' personal dramas that have needed more attention, but i will for sure be looking them up in the near future

(we use them weekly with work to transport copiers etc, and they are really good.)

dalendie , cope are actually one of the few that will come in with their own equipment and pack up a machine for you so "they" can guarantee safe delivery to it's destination , well worth the little bit extra.
Even better is you can request a tail gate lift truck so there is no lifting involved for anyone.
Pricing leaves most of the others for dead .

Retro71
26th February 2009, 01:26 PM
Man I just called Cope about getting a game sent from Brisbane to Sydney and here is what I got:

Please find below quotation based on specifications provided;

Transportation $550.00
Fuel Surcharge @ 13.97% $76.85
TOTAL (Excluding GST) $626.85

I have attached a copy of our job booking form and our EFT details should you wish to proceed, as discussed earlier we would require payment prior to or at pick up. You can EFT, Visa/Mastercard or Company Cheque.

Quotation does not include insurance.

Thank you and regards,

Wow, I think NOT !!

Be cheaper for me to drive up there and collect it myself (and the game only cost me $400)

Anyone know of anyone else ?

LOTR4U
26th February 2009, 01:29 PM
Man I just called Cope about getting a game sent from Brisbane to Sydney and here is what I got:

Please find below quotation based on specifications provided;

Transportation $550.00
Fuel Surcharge @ 13.97% $76.85
TOTAL (Excluding GST) $626.85

I have attached a copy of our job booking form and our EFT details should you wish to proceed, as discussed earlier we would require payment prior to or at pick up. You can EFT, Visa/Mastercard or Company Cheque.

Quotation does not include insurance.

Thank you and regards,

Wow, I think NOT !!

Be cheaper for me to drive up there and collect it myself (and the game only cost me $400)

Anyone know of anyone else ?

What about these guys

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=9634

:unsure

Etch71
26th February 2009, 05:47 PM
Hey guys & gals,
Just used Air Road for the first time to get a Chase HQ cab from Sydney to Melbourne. Rang on Wednesday and spoke to a really helpful guy called Sam. Handed over the details (dimensions, pickup drop off etc) he crunched the numbers and only cost me $187 no surcharges or fuel levies! Just got confirmation that the item was picked up today at noon (yes! the day after I spoke to them) and is being delivered to me (not depot!!) on Friday. Got email of invoice within 5mins of booking and completely trackable. In short very professional & affordable option for anyone looking at transport from interstate. The same machine was going to cost me $450 using RTS.
Cheers:D

LOTR4U
26th February 2009, 06:40 PM
The same machine was going to cost me $450 using RTS.
Cheers:D

Is it because of dimensions? :unsure

because RTS quoted these prices for Syd to Melb

Sydney to Melbourne - $200.00, depot to depot cost is $150 :unsure yes they might be $13 dollars more but they are a fagile furniture/freight company not a regular dump it anyway it lands freight company. Beware companys which use forks because your pinball/arcade could end up with big holes in it.

MonoJoker
26th February 2009, 07:17 PM
I used these guys for the first time recently and they were great:

http://www.smartsend.com.au/

I sent a projection screen which was 2.3m long so Auspost, etc didn't want to know. From Brisbane to Geelong for 30 bux - dims were 230 x 13 x 11cm and 12kg. Printout your labels online, pay online using CC/Paypal/etc.

Guy arrived on time, the ETA to Geelong was spot on and no damage.

For the price I thought they were great. PM me if you want any more info about my experience with them.

Cheers
LT.

Etch71
26th February 2009, 07:18 PM
Is it because of dimensions? :unsure

because RTS quoted these prices for Syd to Melb

Sydney to Melbourne - $200.00, depot to depot cost is $150 :unsure yes they might be $13 dollars more but they are a fagile furniture/freight company not a regular dump it anyway it lands freight company. Beware companys which use forks because your pinball/arcade could end up with big holes in it.

Possibly but I'm told they were very careful picking the item up, no forklift used and the drop off is to me so will help them unload it, and believe me I'll be careful. Most people that use a fork are pretty sensible and would lift from the bottom of the item and not the middle, but I'm sure there are some horror stories out there. Not sure about the $200, they quoted me much higher. Anyway, will let you know once I receive it tomorrow. Hopefully it's in one piece! :rolleyes

MangledLeg
19th May 2009, 05:21 PM
Just wanted to pipe up with my recent experience - had an Astro City shipped from metro Melbourne to metro Adelaide overnight via Cope (~100kg) - excellent phone service, and only set me back $145, and this included a truck with tail gate to assist with picking up and dropping off the cab. The driver even helped bring it inside and into my family room (which was a real squeeze - the door frame was a few mm too small, so a bit of the old paintwork went on the frame as we dragged it through - was worth it though, and should be a good bit of encourage me to start painting the house {and the cab didn't suffer much at all}!).

Couldn't be happier with the service, especially at such a good price. The machine had additional packing by Cope as well to ensure a safe run interstate. Would definitely use them again.

Top tip though - if you're buying a cab/pin off someone from eBay and having it shipped via Cope, grab a contact name and phone number from them first before booking it in and don't mention that it's an eBay sale, as they apparently shy away from eBay pickups due to a number of issues they've had in the past with them and may refuse the job.

noisuf
26th June 2009, 07:32 PM
MangledLeg, did you contact Adelaide or Melbourne to organise the freight?

I'm looking at transporting a cab from Newcastle to Melbourne and not sure if I should contact the origin or destination.

The reason I ask is, it looks like there's a substantial difference in experiences and $$$ depending on which COPE location is called?

henrybulldog
22nd September 2009, 01:39 PM
just had my challenger pro $250, 3 in 1 pool, air, hockey, table tennis $130 and fussball $60 from sydney(mygamesroom) to adelaide (my house) by allied express. this was arranged by mygamesroom so dont know if price is available to the public.

wouldnt it make sense for aussiearcade to do a deal with a freight company? in exchange for some advertising on just for the fact that for a better price most aa folk will use that carrier. seems to be the perfect time to make this happen considering the co op will be delivering goods to all parts of the country once the container gets here. will cross post aspects of this in co op thread.

LOTR4U
22nd September 2009, 03:04 PM
just had my challenger pro $250, 3 in 1 pool, air, hockey, table tennis $130 and fussball $60 from sydney(mygamesroom) to adelaide (my house) by allied express. this was arranged by mygamesroom so dont know if price is available to the public.

wouldnt it make sense for aussiearcade to do a deal with a freight company? in exchange for some advertising on just for the fact that for a better price most aa folk will use that carrier. seems to be the perfect time to make this happen considering the co op will be delivering goods to all parts of the country once the container gets here. will cross post aspects of this in co op thread.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=9634

Although they don't do Adelaide i think from memory. Would be nice to have some do whole of AUS.

henrybulldog
22nd September 2009, 03:13 PM
yes coast to coast would be ideal. dont think it will be too hard to get a suitor provided it gets the get go from admin and the co op committee.

narf_
28th September 2009, 03:23 PM
giving these guys a go next week

http://www.transdirect.com.au/

done all online and cheaper than pack and send

prktkljokr
20th October 2009, 08:01 PM
Just sending a LAI Lowboy with transdirect door to door, Perth W.A. to Milton N.S.W $400, seems like a reasonable price, I let the buyer arrange Payment etc, the company is picking it up Friday between 2 pm and 5 pm

narf_
26th October 2009, 08:37 PM
i got my package no problems thru them and there site is updated well for tracking

Etch71
26th October 2009, 10:16 PM
I used Watson's Transport (few times) $175 ex GST from Perth to Melbourne for single pallet space (basically your regular upright). The only down side is that you need to drop off to their depot in Welshpool, don't do door to door. Had a Chase HQ cockpit cab (huge mutha) transported from PRKTKLJOKR for $350 to depot in Melb. good price me thinks. Can pass on the details to anyone on the east coast wanting a cab from Perth. :D

narf_
29th October 2009, 01:22 AM
that thing was farken huge

killa
8th May 2010, 07:08 PM
2 uprights from Inverell to Brisbane (depot to depot) for $200. Inverell Freighters

MamePatrol
13th May 2010, 09:27 PM
I just made an enquiry on shipping for a "track and field" upright i spotted on ebay.

They quoted me $950 :o via sea, 35 - 40 days...........

Does this sound right..???????

WOKA
13th May 2010, 09:28 PM
^^

Wheres it coming from and where is it going to...?

MamePatrol
14th May 2010, 07:28 AM
^^

Wheres it coming from and where is it going to...?

Thats from Lenoir City, Tennessee, to Sydney.

According to, thestationonline.......

"The shipment is based on weight and dimensions as well as destination."

Just seemed a little steep. I was hoping for $300 to $400 or something like that....

Maybe i'm living in a dream world.. :sleep

lukex
14th May 2010, 08:29 AM
Last year I shipped a Seeburg Juke from Florida to Melb.

Time sounds right.

Cost me about 1K AUD plus landing costs - GST etc.

Only worth it if you could not get the item in OZ at all!!!!!

MamePatrol
14th May 2010, 08:11 PM
Only worth it if you could not get the item in OZ at all!!!!!

Yer i know...

Look's like i'll have to get a local one and pull the internals out and make a replica cab with all the nice decals and such..

RocK-Ozla
24th August 2010, 06:06 PM
Well i just wanted in on this thread...

Hmmmm... shipping... :rolleyes

Try 2 x 40 foot shipping containers.. :o USA to Adelaide.. :blink:

they are due here in Adelaide mid' September, & can tell you from the running quotes i've had (mind you they are not landed yet) each machine will cost around $350.oo to $400.oo for the freight, customs, local fees + taxes etc..
this could still be high or it may go lower.. but i figger around the mark..

:huh:

Ryan555
25th August 2010, 11:13 PM
I am thinking bidding for something on ebay that is in Perth (pick up only) as it will need to be sent me near Brisbane.
What would be a good choice for freight. It will be a smaller item 800mm x 50mm and 10K approx.

Would Cope Transport do the job if the seller isn't prepared to pack it?

If they are willing to pack it would Oz post be ok or is there a better choice?

RocK-Ozla
25th August 2010, 11:21 PM
I am thinking bidding for something on ebay that is in Perth (pick up only) as it will need to be sent me near Brisbane.
What would be a good choice for freight. It will be a smaller item 800mm x 50mm and 10K approx.

Would Cope Transport do the job if the seller isn't prepared to pack it?

If they are willing to pack it would Oz post be ok or is there a better choice?

OK ..

Oz post will take up to 20kg.. & 1m x 1m..

so may be good to get a A.A. member to pick it up & post if they will not..

But offer the eBayer extra to pack & post it for you..
i do this alot & most people happy to do it for an extra $5.oo..

Good Luck

Edit :- i've sent car cylinder heads & flywheel's via the post..

:blink:

Ryan555
26th August 2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the info, didn't know Aus Post did 1M x 1M.

Looks like the sellers on ebay will pack an item.

It should be 50x50x80 and 12Kgs. I typed it in to the Aus post calculator and it said;

The dimensions exceed the maximum girth of 140cm. What?

RocK-Ozla
28th August 2010, 08:40 PM
It should be 50x50x80 and 12Kgs. I typed it in to the Aus post calculator and it said;

The dimensions exceed the maximum girth of 140cm. What?

"yep" WTF.... 140cm is bigger than 50cm... is'n it ??

it should be OK.. i've sent car motor cylinder heads..
i feel sorry for people with fragile stuff/crap :lol

& sent boxes weighing 19kg & 40 x 40 x 90

:blink:

Ryan555
30th August 2010, 10:18 PM
Can you not sent anything until I get my package :)

killa
13th September 2010, 12:24 PM
I need to get an upright cab from Sydney to Brisbane. Any recommendations on freighters?

blue95
20th October 2010, 09:51 PM
giving these guys a go next week

http://www.transdirect.com.au/

done all online and cheaper than pack and send

These guys spent all day giving me the run-around. I called them yesterday and they said my machine would be here today. Called them at about 9.30 and they said if they didn't ring me back it was coming. Called again at 2.15 and they said they would call back as soon as they rang the agent, wouldn't give me the agents number. About 3.45 they rang me back and told me it was still at their agents depot, so I went and picked it up myself. If they had of rang the agent at 9.30 when they told me they would i wouldn't have spent all day waiting and went straight out to get it. Not very impressed with their communications. Rant over, next time i'll organise it myself and try e-go because I know the guy who has the local contract.

pistolpete78
6th November 2010, 10:07 AM
I'm pissed at RTS at the moment. Sent a request for quotes (you can only do it by email) last Monday. Hadn't heard by Wednesday so I rang them and the lady said she'd get back to me. Hadn't by the end of the day so rang and spoke to Robert, who did the quotes straight away. Booked to jobs the next day.

One pin was picked up from Melbourne on Monday morning this week. Spoke to the office on Wednesday afternoon to arrange payment and was told it had arrived in Qld that afternoon so I should hear on Thursday. No call. Rang Friday - we'll get bck to you. No return call. Rang again - truck had an accident, will now be Monday. Apparently the pin was not on board when the accident occurred (hmm - it better not have been). So it will have been a week to get a pin from Melbourne to Brisbane. The back and forward phone calls yesterday were going on at the same time as the calls for pin 2 - see below.

[EDIT] - Pin 1 has now arrived.....

The sender of pin 2 was overseas until Wednesday afternoon, home until this Sunday and then in Brisbane (of all places!) from Sunday to the end of next week. I told all of this to RTS when I booked and rang them Wednesday afternoon to confirm that they will arrange pickup before this weekend. "We'll be in the area on Friday morning, so we'll give him a call to arrange then". All good you'd think - nope. I was in a conference yesterday and got a call from the sender saying he hadn't heard anything, so he rang RTS himself and was told the driver had tried to call him numerous times, with no answer, and had now left town. Next chance of pickup - Tuesday. But of course he's not around. RTS rings me and says "we have a problem with the pickup, the sender hasn't answered his phone". Funny I said, he's rung me to tell me he hasn't heard from you and you're telling him that he didn't answer his phone. Then somehow magically they were able to call him later on:unsure Too bad for me - maybe the sender can organise someone to be home on Tuesday for a pickup, maybe not. If not, next Friday, maybe. If not then, the week after. Not the fault of the sender at all (must emphasise that), but F##K!

[EDIT] - Pin 2 has arrived 19/11/10. Job booked 29/10/10.

I'm just pissed about this. I know that as long as they arrive in good condition, then all's well that ends well. But, F##K!

Sorry for the rant - had to get it off my chest with some people that might understand:(

[EDIT] - so both arrived safe and sound, so all's well that ends well. I'm impatient at the best of times, but I hate getting bad service (perceived or otherwise) when I bend over backwards to give good service.

grifter
7th November 2010, 11:31 AM
Hey guys,
looking to purchase my first pinball machine.
Now, you may have noticed they are large. Way to large for an envelope.
Which leads me to my Q. Anyone know of any good interstate freight companies (or any other method) to get a pin to Sydney form Victoria.

Bonus points: How much does it generally cost?

Thanks heaps in return.

Arcade King
7th November 2010, 11:32 AM
RTS and Border Express seem pretty popular.

Usually costs around the $200 mark from depot to depot.

MrMaloo
7th November 2010, 11:36 AM
+1 to what Travis said .

Border Express usually require that the pin be palletted .

RTS will hand lift the pins onto their trucks and wrap in blankets etc. . They do offer a door-to-door service as well (not sure about BE) for a few more $ .

Both companies are reliable and really look after the pins .

wamprat
7th November 2010, 11:37 AM
i got a pin door to door from victoria to brisbane through allied express for $225, quick delivery too.

henrybulldog
7th November 2010, 11:43 AM
bris-adel 220 depot to depot with border express through the pinball shed. not sure what what is required from the senders ens but when picking it up they were helpful, efficient and the pin seemed packed tighter then an east german gymnast.

grifter
7th November 2010, 02:12 PM
Thank you. Anyone have a link for RTS?

Audioenslaved
7th November 2010, 02:20 PM
What type of machine are you after? I have a demo man I'm looking at moving... And I'm in sydney

rook519
7th November 2010, 02:53 PM
pickering transport will do a pin from vic to sydney for $120 ive used them before they were good.

bretty
7th November 2010, 06:26 PM
Thank you. Anyone have a link for RTS?

Send them an email with dimensions and weight and the pickup and drop off locations.Should get back to you within 24hrs.
quotes@rts​-transport.​com.au

shootar75
8th November 2010, 09:56 AM
Send them an email with dimensions and weight and the pickup and drop off locations.Should get back to you within 24hrs.
quotes@rts​-transport.​com.au

Ask for Robert and mention Aussie arcade....

grifter
8th November 2010, 08:01 PM
Thank you. Will do.

Talby
8th November 2010, 08:27 PM
Border Express have knocked me back twice recently on machines, just said they wouldn't do it despite having done the same thing a few months earlier. They were good and pretty reasonable but it seems that they aren't interested in the work anymore.

shansta
8th November 2010, 09:58 PM
www.rts-transport.com.au

Robert khoder is the guy to deal with - great service from these guys.

$200 from Prestons NSW to Frankston Vic - they will knock $50 off if the pin is shipped from depot to depot... (Why would you bother?)

Used them 8wks ago - no worries!

Shane.

grifter
9th November 2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys.
Pinball purchased(!!!) and email sent to Robert khoder at RTS. Hopefully get a reply soon.

Now the other tricky bit for a first time pinball buyer. Packing.
Since It's interstate and I won't be able to help, what's the best way to go about packing? Do I request the seller does this, or the shipping company? Or both?

Also, what's your thoughts, packing with legs on or off?

Thank you. Very excited.

grifter
9th November 2010, 12:53 PM
Hey guys, just received my quote back from RTS.
It seems more expensive than the previously mentioned estimates.

Door to door from Bendigo, VIC to Sydney, NSW = $470

Seems expensive. Any guesses why?

sleazius
9th November 2010, 01:05 PM
It depends if they've got any two way traffic between the destinations. Bendigo is fairly out of the way so you'll generally cop it.

Door to door delivery so long as it is metro areas is a lot cheaper (thats what I've found using RTS anyway).

In answer to your other question, if the guy at the other end doesn't wrap it, normally RTS will wrap it in blankets. Make sure you confirm with them first though. They also transport them on their legs, so no need to pull it apart.

grifter
9th November 2010, 03:40 PM
So 470 sounds fair?
Thanks.

illawarra_steelers
9th November 2010, 03:49 PM
Are you able to ship to Melbourne and pickup from a depot?

grifter
9th November 2010, 04:08 PM
Are you able to ship to Melbourne and pickup from a depot?

Sadly no car.

By the way, the machine's a WHIRLWIND. I'll post some pin-porn as soon as it arrives.

sleazius
9th November 2010, 04:33 PM
So 470 sounds fair?
Thanks.

It is what it is - if the machine isn't in a metro area it'll be more expensive to transport.

I'd try the other transport companies, also check if there is a transport company operating out of Bendigo, you might find they'll do it cheaper, although they may not have experience transporting a pin.

Rat
9th November 2010, 05:13 PM
Pete is not very happy with RTS at the moment http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/2150-Freight-and-Transport/page6

I posted this thread about transport to Tas, mine is on the road now and should arrive early next week. I will let people know how it went and what i thought of the transport company.
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/37263-Which-Couriers-ship-Pinballs-and-Arcade-Cabs-to-Tassie

Perhaps a Mod could merge these threads and make them a Pinball transport sticky, like the one in the Arcade cab section?

Talby
9th November 2010, 05:20 PM
Personally I'd think you should be able to do better than $470.

As mentioned earlier, see if there are any transport companies in Bendigo. I reckon the guy who sold it should be able to help you out with packing as well if it was the machine that was just on eBay.

DKong
9th November 2010, 05:22 PM
Do you want the cabs to Tassie thread merged with the interstate pinball shipping thread, will check with the other mods if a sticky is required

delarge
9th November 2010, 05:27 PM
Border Express have knocked me back twice recently on machines, just said they wouldn't do it despite having done the same thing a few months earlier. They were good and pretty reasonable but it seems that they aren't interested in the work anymore.

I got knocked back by them in the past few weeks also. Guy I dealt with the last time was extremely helpful and mailed him again and he quickly put me onto another transport company.

DKong
9th November 2010, 05:30 PM
Ok merged the two pinball freight threads ;)

grifter
9th November 2010, 05:31 PM
Personally I'd think you should be able to do better than $470.

As mentioned earlier, see if there are any transport companies in Bendigo. I reckon the guy who sold it should be able to help you out with packing as well if it was the machine that was just on eBay.

Yep, it was that one. New to this, so all help appreciated.

delarge
9th November 2010, 05:36 PM
Yep, it was that one. New to this, so all help appreciated.

Yeah, surely you should find somewhere under $350.With my last pin, I contacted Hills Transport and they ended up shipping it via TNT.

grifter
9th November 2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I'll give TNT a try. Any other reliable recommendations appreciated.

WOKA
9th November 2010, 07:30 PM
Surely there are furniture removalists in your area..?

They move people out so they must come back empty..? Makes their trip more worth while, even if its only a couple of hunge toward their return costs.

grifter
9th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Surely there are furniture removalists in your area..?

They move people out so they must come back empty..? Makes their trip more worth while, even if its only a couple of hunge toward their return costs.

Will check, thanks for the tip. As said, I'm a total novice at shipping anything. Let alone a pinball machine. So I appreciate any and all tips, even the ones you guys may find obvious.

grifter
10th November 2010, 07:33 AM
Quick update. Contacted PACK & SEND. Anyone use them? They're getting back to me with a quote today.

Update: $900 quote. So yeah. Not recommended.

Fred
10th November 2010, 10:28 PM
We ship stuff everywhere. For cheap East Coast Capital Cities including Adelaide and Hobart- door to door - you can't beat Tasfreight.
http://www.tasfreight.com.au/
You wrap it, chuck it on a pallet and tie it down. They do the rest.
Example 1:- 26" LAI UR to Melbourne metro from Brisbane door to door $118 plus GST. Quote obtained today- so it's current.
Example 2:- Stop the Clock and Wheel em In- Adelaide to Brisbane $415 inc. Machines arrived just fine 6 months ago.
We handle all the insurance though. Tasfreight do not insure.

grifter
12th November 2010, 11:03 AM
Sounds good, but I can't get it on a Pallet.

Looks like I'm going to have to use two shipping companies. One to take it to Melbourne, then one to Syd.

Sounds slightly run around, yet haven't found a shipping company to make the whole trip for under 470.

billxixix
12th November 2010, 10:41 PM
Hey guys i use www.smartsend.com.au out of melbourne and very happy with there prices and service.....

Railways
12th November 2010, 11:36 PM
Google E-go shipping. Never used them myself but another AA member swears by the rates. Having said that I still have a pin awaiting pickup after a week:rolleyes

grifter
14th November 2010, 01:03 PM
Ok all, went with Aladdin's.
They sound good, and friendly on the phone.
Will give feedback once delivered. Thanks all for the tips.

sleazius
16th November 2010, 10:35 AM
Just a heads up - I've used RTS 3 times in the last month and each time they're getting slower to respond to quotes. Helps if you give them a buzz (in Sydney) two days after submitting the quote. Once you give them the call things generally get moving.

Can't fault their door to door delivery though :023:

grifter
26th November 2010, 10:24 AM
Used Aladdin's. They were OK. Not sure how careful they were as machine not working when arrived. Yet that could be anyone's fault really.

dbryar
26th November 2010, 04:30 PM
Hey guys i use www.smartsend.com.au out of melbourne and very happy with there prices and service.....

I've used Smart Send and while they were the cheapest, you get what you pay for.

Melbourne to Sunshine Coast (Qld) and one of the items was pretty badly knocked about. I won't be using them again. I've also used backloads a few times and they are quite inexpensive

Mr Tilt
26th November 2010, 04:44 PM
Try AirRoad , they have a calculator based website that works out the $$ on the spot and payment online. Im using them to move a vending machine from Brisbane to Melbourne for $333

Chops
11th December 2010, 11:47 AM
Just used RTS Transport to transport a pinball from Sydney to Melbourne. $200 door to door and no problems whatsoever. Rob honored the prices on here and was great to deal with. Highly recommended.

Railways
23rd February 2011, 07:50 PM
As per post in general threads, they might be worth a try since RTS demise http://www.kentuckytpt.com.au/default.html , Jeff:)

nzmendo
23rd March 2011, 01:20 PM
in new zealand, my SF2 Pin, from west auckland to palmerston north, (about a 7 hour drive in a car) door to door transport was $150 nz, mana transport.

(although i recommend calling them up and talking to them, i emailed the day before and got a quote for 195$ but i recieved that after i had called anyway and been quoted 150 in the morning)

Fish Tales
23rd March 2011, 01:28 PM
used e-go twice now, communication not there, but quick and cheap

hamo54
23rd April 2011, 12:01 AM
Read with interest of members experiences.
I work in the office of a transport company and saw two come in yesterday off the same truck one perfect and one unfortunately trashed.
In this case it was due to the packaging and here is where the lesson starts.
If you are selling and shipping a pinball or buying from someone who doesn't do it for a living ask them to do something like this:
If you don't have a suitable and sturdy pallet go to the transport company who you are shipping through. They should be able to supply you with a pallet either free or for $5 or $10. The unbranded (not Chep etc.) are usually lying around waiting to be dumped or sold cheaply. Too often they come in with the feet section missing which can be caused by handling but if you have sturdy pallet you stand a much better chance.
Next go to a packaging store or Bunnings etc. and buy some of those plastic tie downs with the clip and use more than one. While you are there buy some Fragile / Glass and if possible Top Load only stickers.
There is an opportunity here for any one of our members who makes stickers to make and sell some saying:
Fragile Pinball Machine contains glass TOP LOAD ONLY.
Believe it or not they actually do take notice of these. Stick Fragile etc all over it especially on the ends so when they pick it up on a forklift it is in front of their eyes.
If there is damage such as the one I saw yesterday the first thing they look for is a fragile sticker and this one had none and was shrink wrapped in black. It looked like just another nice flat box and unfortunately at some stage they have loaded something on top of it. 9 times out of 10 you would get away it but if it had stickers on it and a decent pallet I don't believe it would've been damaged.
Of course you will also need to buy shrink wrap (I would use clear so they can see what it is) and heaps of bubble wrap and some cardboard or if the budget goes that far some ply to protect the playfield glass and the outside of the cabinet.
Don't be stingy use plenty of bubble wrap and shrink wrap. Make sure the legs are wrapped and taped together and secured so they don't go astray or damage anything.
Once wrapped secure it to the pallet tightly with as many tie downs as you can manage being careful not to damage the cabinet.
I know this sounds simple and obvious but believe me it doesn't always happen. So for $30 - $40 it should be hopefully be almost bulletproof.
Anyone who has bought a pinball from the Pinball Shed or MarkC (which was the good one yesterday and was totally encased in bubble wrap but funnily enough no Fragile stickers) always end up with heaps of cardboard and enough bubble wrap to keep their 3 year old grandson popping bubbles until they are 10. Their excellent packaging is always commented on at our depot as the guys certainly see some scary sights.
ALWAYS insist on insurance even if it is EGO's $1000 for $40ish it should be enough to cover repairs if necessary. As previously stated most transport companies use the Common Carrier clause with no insurance as freight costs and paperwork would be diabolical otherwise.
Hope I didn't bore you but it beaks my heart when I see one damaged like yesterday.
Better still if you buy one grab a suitable vehicle and do a road trip you will probably come home with two.:)

Fish Tales
23rd April 2011, 12:08 AM
great advice, thanks for posting this!

Jonathon Miller
29th April 2011, 08:27 PM
I Just had the lads from Need a courtier ship my pin.
They are well known for cutting deals if you buy on EBAY.
4 day delivery - Took good care of the unit.
:D

fridgejam
18th June 2011, 01:30 PM
used e-go twice now, communication not there, but quick and cheap

How did you find e-go in terms of care of the machine? Did you use a pallet, and if so did they charge you extra for the size of this, and also for a truck with lift-gate to load / unload?

As safe as pallets are to use with transporting machines, I prefer not to use them as it causes extra problems for me loading an unloading the machine with my pinball trolly.

Fish Tales
18th June 2011, 01:54 PM
I didnt send the pins mate, they were sent to me. The first machine arrived on a pallet, but the straps were broken off. I had to make a few calls to chase the machine down, no-one knew where it was. The machine was eventually delivered with a lift-gate truck. I believe that I didnt pay for this extra service, the driver had a pallet lifter, he wheeled it into my shed. The second machine I went straight to the depot to collect, even though I had paid for home delivery. I didnt pay for a liftgate truck, but had a couple guys teed-up to help. I suspect that if I waited an extra day or so, that the same truck and guy wouldave delivered the pin, hence paying extra for a liftgate truck wouldave been unneccessary. I picked her up from the depot for 2 reasons. I didnt like the thought of my near mint pin sitting in a depot for 2 days, and by taking my 4wd to the depot I am able to more easily side her her out at home, get the legs on easy. They forked the pin straight into my Jackaroo, it fitted well, even with the pallet under it. The pin arrived safe, only issue was that one the bottom planks had fallen off. The machine was packed in black plastic, I am very lucky that something wasnt loaded on top of it. Warnings like "no stacking" stickers are a must I reckon. I know what you mean about pins on pallets. The first one was an early SS, and it was a bugger of a job to raise it from ground level. Would I use e-go again? I really dont think so. I didnt even consider insurance with either machine, I count myself lucky. Are E-go a full-on transport company per say? They seem to be a booking service that contracts out the freight. My pins arrived with 2 company name stickers on them. Having said that, take a look at how someone like Woka packs his machines. Packed like that, and covered with insurance, they will probably be absolutely fine. Hope that helps, these are just my own honest opinions.

Shinzawai
18th June 2011, 01:59 PM
So E.B., who would you recommend for Bris-Newc. if cost isn't an issue, especially if you don't have the vehicle to collect from a depot?

Fish Tales
18th June 2011, 02:05 PM
So E.B., who would you recommend for Bris-Newc. if cost isn't an issue, especially if you don't have the vehicle to collect from a depot?

I dunno mate, I would grab a phone and get some quotes. I have heard that Transdirect are good though.

blue95
18th June 2011, 02:28 PM
Transdirect are a similar deal to ego, so you wont know who is carrying the freight. Plus the 2 people who answer the phone are good at giving you the run around when you are trying to track down your freight.

fridgejam
18th June 2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the Rundown.

I was using Transdirect, and then switched to Air Road who provided sightly better communication post booking. I also suspect they too are just booking agencys for other carriers. They were both cheap compared to the majors - Melb to Syd overnight / door to door for around $100 without the pallet, but I guess you get what you pay for and there is some risk involved, especially without the pallet.

I didnt send the pins mate, they were sent to me. The first machine arrived on a pallet, but the straps were broken off. I had to make a few calls to chase the machine down, no-one knew where it was. The machine was eventually delivered with a lift-gate truck. I believe that I didnt pay for this extra service, the driver had a pallet lifter, he wheeled it into my shed. The second machine I went straight to the depot to collect, even though I had paid for home delivery. I didnt pay for a liftgate truck, but had a couple guys teed-up to help. I suspect that if I waited an extra day or so, that the same truck and guy wouldave delivered the pin, hence paying extra for a liftgate truck wouldave been unneccessary. I picked her up from the depot for 2 reasons. I didnt like the thought of my near mint pin sitting in a depot for 2 days, and by taking my 4wd to the depot I am able to more easily side her her out at home, get the legs on easy. They forked the pin straight into my Jackaroo, it fitted well, even with the pallet under it. The pin arrived safe, only issue was that one the bottom planks had fallen off. The machine was packed in black plastic, I am very lucky that something wasnt loaded on top of it. Warnings like "no stacking" stickers are a must I reckon. I know what you mean about pins on pallets. The first one was an early SS, and it was a bugger of a job to raise it from ground level. Would I use e-go again? I really dont think so. I didnt even consider insurance with either machine, I count myself lucky. Are E-go a full-on transport company per say? They seem to be a booking service that contracts out the freight. My pins arrived with 2 company name stickers on them. Having said that, take a look at how someone like Woka packs his machines. Packed like that, and covered with insurance, they will probably be absolutely fine. Hope that helps, these are just my own honest opinions.

Shinzawai
18th June 2011, 09:43 PM
So has anyone used the majors i.e. TNT; for pins, and if so, how did they find them?

radirgyman
24th August 2011, 09:38 PM
DUTT is the way to go!!
Awesome service and quite cheap!!
$150 from Brisbane to Melbourne.

Just picked up my machine from their depot.

You can call them anytime to find out where your goods are.
Their number is 1300 883 477 They service all cities.

ask for Jason.

Fish Tales
24th August 2011, 09:42 PM
palleted?

pistolpete78
24th August 2011, 10:18 PM
DUTT is the way to go!!

ask for Jason.

Had a good experience with them too - 1 from 1:)

Plus, depot is close to home, so that was a big bonus:cool:

radirgyman
24th August 2011, 10:36 PM
palleted?
yup.

Railways
24th August 2011, 10:39 PM
Yep, used them once and no prob at all except that the sydney depot is about 2 1/2 hrs round trip for me:(

radirgyman
24th August 2011, 10:43 PM
Yep, used them once and no prob at all except that the sydney depot is about 2 1/2 hrs round trip for me:(

Mines around the same time frame...

Scotty PlayerOne
25th August 2011, 07:54 PM
ADL to SYD depot to depot on pallet. $87....... awesome! Ego.com.au

radirgyman
25th August 2011, 08:32 PM
ADL to SYD depot to depot on pallet. $87....... awesome! Ego.com.au

Ego = very risky.

Arcade2u
15th September 2011, 03:12 PM
Ego = very risky.

Could you elaborate on this at all?

I'm looking to transport a completeley unpackaged skill tester off a site in syd to a depot in Adel so need a shipper who can accommodate

radirgyman
15th September 2011, 03:21 PM
Could you elaborate on this at all?

I'm looking to transport a completeley unpackaged skill tester off a site in syd to a depot in Adel so need a shipper who can accommodate

DUTT is the way to go!!

ask for Jason.

Thasaman
17th September 2011, 09:04 PM
Trying to get a pin from melbourne to Canberra without much success.

My usual courier is away (interstatebackloadexpress). The sender has no packaging nor pallet. So I have tried so many couriers but none so far will pickup without pallet. E-Go just won't answer emails. Dutt wanted $400. Another wanted similar, The Blue Mexican don't do the Canberra run anymore, and most won't even pickup due to no pallet. The machine is a restoration job and only paid $800. Last thing I want to pay is half the price again. Any ideas on a courier that just wants work?

Ta
Thasaman

Fish Tales
17th September 2011, 09:16 PM
big ask, but try and get someone local to pick it up and pallet for you

4_ur_amusement
17th September 2011, 09:26 PM
I have a guy for you they ship from melb to canberra all the time top job too

Thasaman
17th September 2011, 09:53 PM
I'll Take him....who is he and do you have his number????

LOL...you can tell I am excited!

kayakkingoz
18th September 2011, 07:23 AM
I just used trans direct. From Melb to Newcastle $198 door to door. Cheaper from depot to depot. & I guess even cheaper from Melb to Canb. All booking done online. No probs

Thasaman
19th September 2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, I do appreciate the feedback...

:):):):)

MangledLeg
9th October 2011, 07:11 PM
*Bump*

Alright, got a freight question, but this time it's not for a cab or pinnie - I have a bucketload of gear to transport from country Victoria to Adelaide, door-to-door. All up it should be about 3-4 large moving boxes worth of stuff, so no need for pallets or other stuff.

In the past I've used Cope with good success, but haven't had to use too many others over the years. Can anyone recommend any particular company in this instance? The gear's being delivered to my folks since I can't get time off work, so good communication so I can let them know in advance when the delivery truck's en-route is a big plus. The stuff's well packed, but there's some fragile gear in there.

Any feedback/recommendations would be appreciated!

humble9682
21st October 2011, 12:09 PM
Just booked AirRoad www.airroaddirect.com.au for a pinball QLD to Sydney door to door for $120 - BARGIN!

And what is best I got to speak to someone on the phone!

WOKA
21st October 2011, 07:52 PM
Just booked AirRoad www.airroaddirect.com.au for a pinball QLD to Sydney door to door for $120 - BARGIN!

Bargain. Keep all updated with the service etc, sounds like a winah..

Foot
21st October 2011, 08:40 PM
Bargain. Keep all updated with the service etc, sounds like a winah..

Your starting to sound like Pete Murray

Great price!

humble9682
28th October 2011, 07:13 AM

Pinball received yesterday from Airroad.

Driver was well equiped with various trolleys and was keen to lend a hand moving it around.

What was even better was that the driver actually worked for Airroad and it was not a contractor.

Great overall price and service. I have found my new transport company!

WOKA
28th October 2011, 07:15 AM
Good to hear.. Airroad is the new E-Go, which was the new RTS, who evolved from Aladdins.. ;)

Fish Tales
28th October 2011, 07:22 AM
Pinball received yesterday from Airroad.

Driver was well equiped with various trolleys and was keen to lend a hand moving it around.

What was even better was that the driver actually worked for Airroad and it was not a contractor.

Great overall price and service. I have found my new transport company!

door to door?

WOKA
28th October 2011, 07:23 AM
door to door?

See post 123.. :b

humble9682
29th October 2011, 07:55 AM
Yes door to door for $120 & my driveway is extra steep & this was not an issue.

fridgejam
6th December 2011, 01:07 PM
Just had a really bad experience with Transdirect, who I mistakenly recommended to a person to use when they needed a pinball shipped from Sydney to Tasmania. After the machine was picked up in Sydney, it sat at Transdirect's Sydney Depot for days with no communication back as to why it had not left yet. After several emails from the person shipping the item, they were finally informed that because the pallet had not been taken into consideration when calculating the total size and weight of the pinball, the total cubic weight of the shipment had increased from approx 150kg to over 400kg. The result of this was that this person would have to pay almost double the original quoted figure (more than $900 in total) for the delivery to proceed. At this point the person attempted to organise another courier company to pick up the machine from Transdirect's Sydney Depot to complete the delivery for a much lower rate. Against this person's instructions, Transdirect took it upon themselves to ship the pinball to their Melbourne Depot, where they have now demanded that this person pay the full $900, or the rest of the delivery to Tasmania will not proceed. For a company to ship an item part of the way and then virtually hold the shipment hostage until more money is paid is unacceptable.

All I can say is use extreme caution when dealing with this company, as their practices and customer service are questionable. I will never use or recommend them to anybody ever again.

twobobsworth
9th December 2011, 07:52 PM
Yes door to door for $120 & my driveway is extra steep & this was not an issue.

Was it on a pallet or just stand alone?

dezbaz
9th December 2011, 08:02 PM
I just shipped a bare 25" tube from Perth to Melb

It was $66.00 all up, It arrived perfectly intact. All took 1 week. Now for the alarming bit

The guy in the van had to rummage to get the tube out, it was in a trapezium shaped box (75cm long bottom and 30cm top). Due to it's shape he pushed and threw the other peoples gear (Labelled fragile) into the van so it would be free of the TV tube. The gear then plummeted to the vacant area.

I guess the way to avoid this shit is to have heavy boxes fitted with strips of timber so your package stays on the floor of the van. I made a little skid so it would stay upright, and it seemed to work

longreach
11th December 2011, 08:07 PM
Just had a really bad experience with Transdirect, who I mistakenly recommended to a person to use when they needed a pinball shipped from Sydney to Tasmania.....

Just wondering, from reading that post I get the opinion Transdirect is in fact a freight company, not an agency (who uses any freight company). Is this correct?

fridgejam
12th December 2011, 02:25 PM
Just wondering, from reading that post I get the opinion Transdirect is in fact a freight company, not an agency (who uses any freight company). Is this correct?

They gave the impression they were the freight company, using language like 'our driver', 'our depot' etc, but after some further investigation, I suspect they are just an agency that use other freight companies to pick up / deliver.

longreach
12th December 2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah I thought they were. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do the whole "It isn't our fault it's XXX Freight Company's fault". I dare say the whole problem was caused by bad communication between them and the actual freight company...

prktkljokr
12th December 2011, 11:25 PM
Transdirect is Courier Australia, They use smaller companies for pick up and delivery of your item sometimes if they are busy, the main freight is handled by them.

Dont get me wrong, I am not trying to rub you the wrong way, I am also not taking the side of Transdirect, but you do have to take the whole weight of the item including packaging, box, pallet etc in to account when getting your online quote, these companies charge by size and weight of the total package, you cant expect them to ship your item for a price and the pallet for free, just because its not part of your item or you forget to add it, It might have been a simple mistake, but I dont think any freight company will cover the cost for the extra weight or size because someone forgot to add it.

You will probly find that the Melbourne depot is where items to Tasmania go to before being shipped, they were just doing what they were supposed to, it will more than likely get shipped to Tasmania and sit in a depot there for collection once the fee is paid, plus they had allready been authorised to pick up the machine and deliver it when the online quote was paid, were they told that they were no longer required to deliver the machine :unsure , I really do hope it all gets sorted for you.

I have sent 100's of items with Transdirect I allways double check my mesurements and weights before I do a online quote, they have a different penalty rate they charge if you understate the total weight or size, as they use your information to determine how many items will fit on a truck or how much weight it can carry and being over can cause problems elsewhere.

All you can do is call them and see if they will come to the party with a reduced fee, or meet them half way with the excess charge, or even write it off as a bad mistake, pay the fee and move on.

I have no affiliation with Transdirect, I just use them when I need something delivered, I only ever had one problem with them and it was with a cocktail machine to Gorgar, but it eventually made it there in one piece :)

Hashman
14th December 2011, 04:11 PM
Ego = very risky.

This is stressing me out as I have a pin coming from Tony at Pinball Shed in transit with e-go at the moment. Tony just said he uses E-GO and that was it. Its getting delivered to the Dandenong Hunter Express depot. Ive never had a pin shipped so im stressing out. E-GO no good? I thinnk there is $1000 insurance included but that of course wont cover the entire pin. :anyone:

Replay
14th December 2011, 04:24 PM
This is stressing me out as I have a pin coming from Tony at Pinball Shed in transit with e-go at the moment. Tony just said he uses E-GO and that was it. Its getting delivered to the Dandenong Hunter Express depot. Ive never had a pin shipped so im stressing out. E-GO no good? I thinnk there is $1000 insurance included but that of course wont cover the entire pin. :anyone:

no point stressing, generally no problem depot to depot and cheaper too...:)

fridgejam
15th December 2011, 06:50 AM
Transdirect is Courier Australia, They use smaller companies for pick up and delivery of your item sometimes if they are busy, the main freight is handled by them.

Dont get me wrong, I am not trying to rub you the wrong way, I am also not taking the side of Transdirect, but you do have to take the whole weight of the item including packaging, box, pallet etc in to account when getting your online quote, these companies charge by size and weight of the total package, you cant expect them to ship your item for a price and the pallet for free, just because its not part of your item or you forget to add it, It might have been a simple mistake, but I dont think any freight company will cover the cost for the extra weight or size because someone forgot to add it.

You will probly find that the Melbourne depot is where items to Tasmania go to before being shipped, they were just doing what they were supposed to, it will more than likely get shipped to Tasmania and sit in a depot there for collection once the fee is paid, plus they had allready been authorised to pick up the machine and deliver it when the online quote was paid, were they told that they were no longer required to deliver the machine :unsure , I really do hope it all gets sorted for you.

I have sent 100's of items with Transdirect I allways double check my mesurements and weights before I do a online quote, they have a different penalty rate they charge if you understate the total weight or size, as they use your information to determine how many items will fit on a truck or how much weight it can carry and being over can cause problems elsewhere.

All you can do is call them and see if they will come to the party with a reduced fee, or meet them half way with the excess charge, or even write it off as a bad mistake, pay the fee and move on.

I have no affiliation with Transdirect, I just use them when I need something delivered, I only ever had one problem with them and it was with a cocktail machine to Gorgar, but it eventually made it there in one piece :)

Even though there are some companies like Air Road Direct that won't charge you for the pallet, I except that this is how Transdirect work, and in this case it was our error the pallet was not caculated as total weight. My problem is the way they handeled this misscaculation. The shipper was given no option to reorganize other shipping alternatives when the original quote almost doubled before it was shipped half way and virtually held hostage until more money was paid. It really comes down to bad customer service. I just delt with Air Road and the expeirence was completly different. No pallet charge and good customer service.

bigALshoalhaven
15th December 2011, 08:31 AM
it doesnt cover glass damage either, e-go are rough and dodgy as hell in my experience. but really cheap.
ive shipped 2 from brissy to sydney and when i arrived at the depot they were laying on there side. lucky they were only project pins.
tony does a good job packing them, and they should be fine.

prktkljokr
15th December 2011, 09:57 AM
Even though there are some companies like Air Road Direct that won't charge you for the pallet, I except that this is how Transdirect work, and in this case it was our error the pallet was not caculated as total weight. My problem is the way they handeled this misscaculation. The shipper was given no option to reorganize other shipping alternatives when the original quote almost doubled before it was shipped half way and virtually held hostage until more money was paid. It really comes down to bad customer service. I just delt with Air Road and the expeirence was completly different. No pallet charge and good customer service.

If you are not happy, you can send the director of Transdirect a email, I did it when Gorgars cocktail was not picked up for 3 days, his name is Nigel Beale, I cant remember what email address I used, because I just guessed what it would be, then I cc'd all the other alternatives in like nbeale@transdirect.com.au, nigel@transdirect.com.au etc, it got to him and I recieved a reply the same day.

Im sure they dont make his email public for a reason, but sometimes he needs to be held accountable for his companies actions ;)

Good luck.

bretty
4th January 2012, 08:43 AM
So who have we found is best to deliver a machine not packed.So pickup and wrap it in blankets or whatever.
Gotta go from Newcastle to Adelaide.

fridgejam
5th January 2012, 10:05 AM
Going to send praise again towards Air Road Direct.

Pinball delivered on a Pallet from Brisbane to Sydney in less than 24 hours for $110.

The driver was very helpful in getting the machine off the truck safely, and even offered to take away the pallet if I didn't want it.

I know it has been said before, but I will say it again. These guys are great to deal with and they do an excellent job :).

Shock_And_Awe
14th January 2012, 10:19 AM
Can anyone recommend a courier to ship a playfield Qld to NSW? The playfield is packaged but obviously still needs care with transport for safe arrival.

Thanks for any help.

Phillip J Fry
11th February 2012, 04:29 PM
Would Airroad pallet a pin for shipping as well, for an extra fee?

If not, would anyone with the know-how like to pallet a pin for me in Albury NSW???? I would pay for the service!!

I really want to buy it, but live in Perth and would not be able to get over to pallet it myself, and seller doesn't seem like they would be interested/able?

Phillip J Fry
11th February 2012, 10:43 PM
Did you ever get an answer to this post??

Cheers

delarge
19th February 2012, 04:11 PM
I had a pinball playfield sent from Adelaide on 25th January and now Hunter Express (e-go) are telling me they don't know where it is. The web site is saying it's in Melbourne, but nobody in the depots knows where it is. I told the woman on the phone that it was absolutely crazy that an item can be scanned and then it can completely disappear.

I still think that it should turn up, but the idea of getting a whole machine shipped by e-go again is doubtful. I think I'd rather pay a couple of hundred dollars more for the peace of mind.

Fish Tales
19th February 2012, 04:18 PM
even if you use another company, its likely it will be subbed to the same set of carriers

pureguava
25th February 2012, 11:13 PM
TNT melb - sydney $200 overnight!

EM Addict
26th February 2012, 10:07 AM
Has anyone tried recently to get an online quote from e-go transport?
I have attempted to access their website for the last few days to get a quote to ship a pin and have not been able to.
Anyone know if they are still operating?:unsure
I did get a quote from Airroad for $318 to move a pin from Albury to Newcastle but have already told a member on here that e-go will do it for under $150.
Would be a pity if they are no longer an option.They were good value(maybe too good) and I never had any problems with the service.

GORGAR 1
26th February 2012, 10:17 AM
Try Transdirect there another online cheapy.

http://www.transdirect.com.au/?gclid=CK74r86uuq4CFYMmpAoda11-IA

Peter

Fish Tales
26th February 2012, 11:03 AM
I have attempted to access their website for the last few days to get a quote to ship a pin and have not been able to.
I did get a quote from Airroad for $318 to move a pin from Albury to Newcastle but have already told a member on here that e-go will do it for under $150.
Would be a pity if they are no longer an option.They were good value(maybe too good) and I never had any problems with the service.

albury to Newy came in at 300ish, think we were considering the same pin lol

Railways
26th February 2012, 03:58 PM
Would be a pity if they are no longer an option.They were good value(maybe too good) and I never had any problems with the service.I can't seem to logon to e.go site either:( Maybe they are doing an upgrade over the weekend???
I have used Transdirect before as well and no probs.

EM Addict
26th February 2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the tip guys, will giveTransdirect a go.

jaw
28th March 2012, 08:10 PM
Looking at a Pinny in Darwin area need to transport to central Vic, any ideas on $$$ and who to use. Never done anything like this b4 need some advice

Thanks

coolspot
29th March 2012, 01:43 PM
just found bhf http://www.bhfcouriers.com.au there ad on google said anytime anywhere anything getting a quote at the moment on 2 coke vending machines from sydney to vic

pinballsc
30th March 2012, 03:49 PM
+1 for Air Road Direct

Cheap from BNE to MEL for 2 pins.

My only complaint is they put them on a pallet which means they get handled by forks instead of people, and are more susceptible to damage - but there was no damage in this case.

Fish Tales
30th March 2012, 04:12 PM
I have heard of forks being used on un-palleted pins, they just stick the forks between the pinball legs :o

WOKA
30th March 2012, 07:37 PM
I have heard of forks being used on un-palleted pins, they just stick the forks between the pinball legs :o

I don't see a problem with that, the weight distribution is good..

Off topic /

I was horrified though, years ago when I moved back from Perth I had my car (nice XJS) transported back to Brisbane.. Dropped the car at the depot, and immediately they 'forked' the car onto the bed of the truck..! :o

/ back on track

Beast
30th March 2012, 08:00 PM
Off topic /

I was horrified though, years ago when I moved back from Perth I had my car (nice XJS) transported back to Brisbane.. Dropped the car at the depot, and immediately they 'forked' the car onto the bed of the truck..! :o

/ back on track

That's FORKED!! :D

jaw
11th April 2012, 09:36 PM
Hey guys looking at freight cost for transport, is it ok to transport a pinny without the legs? According to the online quote its heaps cheaper.

1up
12th April 2012, 10:49 AM
with quoting are you guys doing it online or over the phone?
a mate of mine just bought a pin from melb and rang Air Road Direct, he nearly got a heart attack from the quote... $450 from melb to adel and it has to be on a pallet otherwise the driver wont pickup?

any others under the $200 make the anyone has used before?

furballx
12th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Hey guys looking at freight cost for transport, is it ok to transport a pinny without the legs? According to the online quote its heaps cheaper.

Mate, you should always transport them without legs. Take them off, tape them together and put them in the bottom of the cabinet.
Virtually 100% certainty that if you ship with the legs on it will arrive with them off. Fold the headbox down and place a couple of layers of cardboard box between the headbox and the playfield glass and side rails.
Dave

Grant
16th April 2012, 06:13 PM
Could anyone recommend a courier company who could pick up and pack a pin in Melbourne and transport Perth?

Pinoffski
4th May 2012, 08:30 PM
I would not use e-go ! sounded great arranged pickup from a home address (albany creek Brisbane) to Wollongong depot they sent a full on semi to pick up pin in residential area ,driver did not know how he was going to jack knife the truck down the drive way so he left.THERE WAS 2 PINS TO PICKUP FROM THIS ADDRESS
After 7 phone calls to Hunter Transport / e-go they didn't even know that they didn't have any 8ton or 2ton trucks with lift back in Brisbane ?.:confused:
Now having the hassle to get a refund.
Depot to Depot maybe a option ? if you are look for a cheap price but staff were as dumb as (dumb and dumber):realmad:
I Got a refund minus $44 dollar that they took for insurance of a pin they never picked UP !

blontic
5th May 2012, 10:06 AM
I am in melbourne and thinking about buying a cab locally. Is it cheaper to hire a van myself? Or pay someone to do it? Cab could be an hour a way.

I need friends with vans :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Fire_Power
4th June 2012, 05:39 PM
Anyone got any recommendations for a furniture removalist style transport for a pin from Melb to Syd.

I say furniture removalist style because I don't think the seller will do any shrink / bubble wrapping or palletting. Legs are off and head removed so I hope to get a transporter who will to wrap in blankets and treat with some sympathy.

Thanks for any leads.

xthommox
6th June 2012, 12:46 PM
Cant find any response to anyone's queries about anyone that will pack THEN transport a pinnie from A to B.

Do I conclude there are none available? Ive spoken to airroad and transdirect and both wont. Those that mention they gave you a free pallet or rather they picked up the pinnie and put it on a pallet, how long ago was that? They dont seem to offer this anymore.

Looks like I cant buy anything interstate off ebay, gumtree, etc then. Stuck with retailers.:(:(

Virgil Tracy
6th June 2012, 03:23 PM
Cant find any response to anyone's queries about anyone that will pack THEN transport a pinnie from A to B.

Do I conclude there are none available? Ive spoken to airroad and transdirect and both wont. Those that mention they gave you a free pallet or rather they picked up the pinnie and put it on a pallet, how long ago was that? They dont seem to offer this anymore.

Looks like I cant buy anything interstate off ebay, gumtree, etc then. Stuck with retailers.:(:(

You only option would furniture removalists, as for dealers try Tony at the Pinball Shed he freights at a reasonable.

markwdc
31st July 2012, 09:36 PM
Could someone please give me a guide as to what sort of dimensions to give for when getting a quote?
Do you give pallet dimensions as far as length and width go?...
Weight.... 125 kg?...
length?
Width?
Height?

Thanks in advance., Mark
Height?

furballx
1st August 2012, 02:13 PM
Could someone please give me a guide as to what sort of dimensions to give for when getting a quote?
Do you give pallet dimensions as far as length and width go?...
Weight.... 125 kg?...
length?
Width?
Height?

Thanks in advance., Mark
Height?

Bally/Williams manuals have a crated weight, not sure if they include dimensions.
Dave

Replay
1st August 2012, 03:38 PM
oversize it a few centremetres on all dimensions to allow for packaging :cool:

Tastysirloin
3rd August 2012, 01:35 PM
Hi could anyone recommend a freight company for a door to door service Melbourne metro to Brisbane metro that take great care of pinball machines in transport ? :)

boskie
3rd August 2012, 01:54 PM
Get a removalist company that does backloading - cheapest and safest as they will handle it with 2 or 3 guys as oppossed to a courier who treats it like any other package!

shootar75
3rd August 2012, 02:49 PM
unless the seller can drop off at the depot and I pick from depot, I will not buy interstate. Too many hands = more chance of stuff getting damaged.

Homepin
3rd August 2012, 03:24 PM
Hi could anyone recommend a freight company for a door to door service Melbourne metro to Brisbane metro that take great care of pinball machines in transport ? :)

Expect around $250 unless you are prepared to take it to a depot and have it collected from one - door to door adds AT LEAST $100

I would go the removalist route as well

Replay
3rd August 2012, 04:18 PM
depot to depot = safest and cheapest, give the seller a few $$ for extra packaging

BrissyGuy
3rd August 2012, 04:20 PM
I've used Dutt Transport , Brisbane to Melbourne ( depot to depot ) a few times and was very happy with the service.

Virgil Tracy
3rd August 2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/2150-Freight-and-Transport/page18

furballx
3rd August 2012, 07:21 PM
Threads merged to keep this info centralised.
Dave

Audioenslaved
31st August 2012, 09:50 AM
Anyone find a reverse backloaded from Melbourne to Sydney at a reasonable rate?

matty009
3rd September 2012, 11:15 PM
looking to ship a super megalo 2 from vic to adelaide. has anyone ever ship anything this big ?? if so wah comp and price range.. so far the best i got is 600 sumthing or 300 sumthing just for the control cab and seats no monitor. that is door to door, both with tailgate, so is that decent ??

markwdc
13th September 2012, 10:18 PM
Used Calloundra removals to shift pinball to Adelaide. Excellent service. Machine arrived perfect.
Cost a bit more but worth it .

Audioenslaved
13th September 2012, 10:25 PM
Used Calloundra removals to shift pinball to Adelaide. Excellent service. Machine arrived perfect.
Cost a bit more but worth it .

How much is a bitmore?

markwdc
13th September 2012, 10:37 PM
400 bucks, delivered inside the house.

kingsarcades
14th September 2012, 11:05 PM
Try an on-line company for quotes. www.E-go.com Depot to depot any state, and very cheap.

mix_vt_cal
14th October 2012, 03:05 PM
Try an on-line company for quotes. www.E-go.com Depot to depot any state, and very cheap.

Um, maybe not..... :o

So, I'm about to purchase 2 pins from Northern NSW, and need them delivered to Melbourne.

Seeing is this is a $9k purchase, as they are in excellent condition, are there any reliable companies around to move them?
I'm not looking for 'cheap', I just want them here safe and sound. Willing to spend the $ to make it happen.

Work won't allow for a road trip at this time, and I'd need to hire a van or trailer anyway.

As per message above, Caloundra Removals may get a call - would be a bit out of their way, but still.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.

Lou
14th October 2012, 03:14 PM

So, I'm about to purchase 2 pins from Northern NSW, and need them delivered to Melbourne.

Seeing is this is a $9k purchase, as they are in excellent condition, are there any reliable companies around to move them?
I'm not looking for 'cheap', I just want them here safe and sound. Willing to spend the $ to make it happen.

Work won't allow for a road trip at this time, and I'd need to hire a van or trailer anyway.

As per message above, Caloundra Removals may get a call - would be a bit out of their way, but still.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.

I used prestige removals , door to door – moved 3 pins on legs for 500 for the 3 from
Strathfield to Melbourne depot as it was easier for me to pick them up from the depot

humpalot
14th October 2012, 06:16 PM

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.

Northern NSW, use Mullumbimby removals.

swine hoont
15th October 2012, 12:57 PM

your really asking for damage if its going to melb depot, most times its just too hard to get another transport company that doesn't want to bend you over.
Just make sure the seller packs it well, padded, upright (coin door up) and on a pallet.
You could ask a local melb member for help with trailer \ van or pick up from depot.

this is how Jeff packed a pin for me

camaro
15th October 2012, 04:50 PM
Prestige did a good job for me from Melbourne to Adelaide but transported on the legs..... Not a big fan of that.
However door to door and were 1 hour early on delivery and rang 3 times to let me know status of delivery from the pickup point.
$180

Railways
15th October 2012, 04:54 PM
your really asking for damage if its going to melb depot, most times its just too hard to get another transport company that doesn't want to bend you over.
Just make sure the seller packs it well, padded, upright (coin door up) and on a pallet.
You could ask a local melb member for help with trailer \ van or pick up from depot.

this is how Jeff packed a pin for meGlad it got there safely Jim:)
Used e.go depot to depot I think it was:)

mix_vt_cal
18th October 2012, 03:42 PM
I used prestige removals , door to door ? moved 3 pins on legs for 500 for the 3 from
Strathfield to Melbourne depot as it was easier for me to pick them up from the depot

Can I ask which 'PRestige' removals this is? There is one in Melbourne and another in NSW. I'll give them a call for a quote.

Thanks.

Mike.

8Bit
9th December 2012, 07:02 PM
Hi all, I've been reading through a fair bit of this thread looking for options to transport a cab from Melb to Northern NSW. The seller is basically saying pickup only unless I can organise freight myself. Do many of these companies do the pickup from sellers house, package and pallet as necessary or would they refuse it? I'm presuming in my situation that a removalist would probably be the go...?

candyflip
12th December 2012, 10:23 PM
Hi all, I've been reading through a fair bit of this thread looking for options to transport a cab from Melb to Northern NSW. The seller is basically saying pickup only unless I can organise freight myself. Do many of these companies do the pickup from sellers house, package and pallet as necessary or would they refuse it? I'm presuming in my situation that a removalist would probably be the go...?

e-Go will do this (and provide a rubberised pallet and liftgate truck), but it'll cost you.

Depot to Depot, Victoria to NSW, can be very low cost indeed.
Add a pallet, truck and possible fork, plus delivering and picking up from non-depot locations, and the cost expands rapidly.

I'd get in contact (thru their website) and get them to quote you.

furballx
12th December 2012, 10:56 PM
I am currently having an ABORTION of a time getting an item through E-GO. Details to follow once I have it, but I will never use them again.
Dave

JoshZ
16th December 2012, 11:47 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has organised insurance for any of these road trips for Pins? I know some removal companies offer some degree of insurance but some don't. I have one coming up from Brissie soon by road (part of a longer journey from the US) so insurance would be something I would have to organise myself for this part of the journey. Would be interested in anyone's thoughts or experiences to help me on my way.

(Hope I'm on topic with this thread and not changing it too much)

Cheers, Bret

Ataraxia
26th December 2012, 07:13 PM
Need some recommendations here please.

I'd like to courier this: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/55902-138in-1-amp-32in-cab?p=706167#post706167

Except there has been no quotes I can find for under $700! I've emailed Allied and Cope, but I'm not holding my breath. Has anyone recently sent anything like this between SA / NSW? Also I'm putting the weight at 180kg, but has anyone owned one before, and is that too heavy? If this is the norm, then I'm stuck buying machines I can drive to / taking road trips when possible.

Cheers!

E: Scratch that - lost the sale and the cheapest was $550. Going to look at backloading next time.

fridgejam
2nd January 2013, 01:45 PM
I've been having a hell of a time organising a freight company to the pick up a pinball machine from Banora Point, NSW 2486 (one suburb away from Tweed Heads on the NSW / QLD border) and deliver this to me in Sydney).

The company I normally use - Air Road Direct for some strange reason won't pick up from Banora Point (even though it is just one suburb away from Tweed Heads where they will pick up). If possible I'd really like to avoid using Ego or Transdirect which I have had bad experiences in the past.

Please can somebody suggest an alternative freight company or option that won't cost the earth and I can trust not to damage the machine.

surfer pinball
2nd January 2013, 02:43 PM
try berry removals ph 0428643557 mention me simon they have moved a couple of pins for me

fridgejam
2nd January 2013, 06:21 PM
Spoke to Berry removals. Unfortunately it's going to be cost prohibitive for them to do it.

bretty
4th January 2013, 06:54 AM
I have booked a machine to be picked up from Sydney and delivered to Adelaide for $350 through Delco Removals.
blanket wrapped and looked after. Just got the number from the Yellow pages.
Also used Alladins before for the same trip,excellent service but a little more expensive.

coolspot
7th January 2013, 12:15 PM
i just booked with bhf couriers to ship a arcade machine from N.S.W to Victoria door to door with tailgate for $220 including gst

humpalot
7th January 2013, 01:38 PM
I've been having a hell of a time organising a freight company to the pick up a pinball machine from Banora Point, NSW 2486 (one suburb away from Tweed Heads on the NSW / QLD border) and deliver this to me in Sydney).

The company I normally use - Air Road Direct for some strange reason won't pick up from Banora Point (even though it is just one suburb away from Tweed Heads where they will pick up). If possible I'd really like to avoid using Ego or Transdirect which I have had bad experiences in the past.

Please can somebody suggest an alternative freight company or option that won't cost the earth and I can trust not to damage the machine.

Mullumbimby removals should cost you around $300 door to door. I use them regularly.

fridgejam
7th January 2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks. I may have this finally sorted now, but if not I'll try Mullumbimby removals.

shedstuff
7th January 2013, 06:44 PM
I just used All Shapes and Size Removals (Gold Coast)to move a pin door to door from Mackay to Ipswich for $250. It arrived
double blanket wrapped and well looked after. They do mainly from the Sunshine coast to Northern NSW but are branching
out to Nth Qld and Sydney. Worth a ring. The bloke that owns the show is Scottie 0433334856

JoshZ
8th January 2013, 04:48 PM
Hey can I be so nosey as to ask how you found a Pin in Mackay?

I just used All Shapes and Size Removals (Gold Coast)to move a pin door to door from Mackay to Ipswich for $250. It arrived
double blanket wrapped and well looked after. They do mainly from the Sunshine coast to Northern NSW but are branching
out to Nth Qld and Sydney. Worth a ring. The bloke that owns the show is Scottie 0433334856

Tastysirloin
8th January 2013, 04:57 PM
Maybe Ebay ?

shedstuff
8th January 2013, 11:02 PM
Fleabay- Elvira and The Party Monsters Overall in very good nick, I'm pretty happy it will look good beside Scared Stiff

JoshZ
9th January 2013, 02:06 PM
WOW ok, thanks for letting me know. I musta missed that one. I've been looking for a machine in Mackay for quite a long time and found only 2 (highly over-priced).
Sounds like a nice addition to the line up next to Scared Stiff. Well done.

Fleabay- Elvira and The Party Monsters Overall in very good nick, I'm pretty happy it will look good beside Scared Stiff

joele
4th February 2013, 03:38 PM
Air Road Direct were a bit funny for me, they wouldn't take a pinball machine unless their own specialized freight division had packed it themselves... As I was away at the time and just wanted it done without too much hassle I used them to pick up the Tron from Rollerball...

So was more like $450 a bit on the high end.. But they are taking responsibility for it this way, and have a lift back truck with two guys to carry it at either end, that actually added a bit to the price but as I won't be home and my wife won't carry a pinball machine it is essential..

They came with two guys and a lift back truck, wrapped it up and packed it on a pallet and took it away this morning from Rollerball, contacted me a few hours later to let me know they had picked it up, it was on the way to Melbourne and to let me know the delivery time (within a 3 hour window).. So far so good, will post about how it looks on delivery, but they have been very good so far and good communications which is generally rare with transport..

Would have saved me some money if they let rollerball pack it, but saves him time and good option if the seller (say ebay etc) doesn't want to have to pack etc..

John73
8th April 2013, 07:48 AM
Looking for something completely different and came across this site: http://www.freightmatch.com.au/index.php

Looks like it's a list of not full transport trucks that will accept extra freight on top of where they are already going, might be worth a look if you need a pin or arcade machine transported.

clickaus
30th April 2013, 11:29 AM
Just had a TZ pinball moved form Sunshine Coast (House) to Melbourne (Depot) for $290
Dutt Transport (http://www.dutttransport.com.au/)
Excellent Service but seller has to wrap and pallet the pinball

furballx
30th April 2013, 01:40 PM
Just had a TZ pinball moved form Sunshine Coast (House) to Melbourne (Depot) for $290
Pretty much the norm to have to wrap it for them. Pretty good price.
Dave

clickaus
30th April 2013, 08:00 PM
Pretty much the norm to have to wrap it for them. Pretty good price.
Dave
I thought the price was pretty good plus these guys have moved other pinball machines before.
They really looked after it at the depot setting it aside from all the other pallets.
Really happy

candyflip
11th May 2013, 04:51 PM
Just got a pachinko (40kgs) from Melbourne to Brisbane, with insurance, for $65 with e-Go.

Yes, it was depot to depot so I had to drive to Campbellfield to drop it off and make sure it was safely on its way in a cage, and the seller also had to personally pick it up from Pinkenba, but for a little effort you can save a small fortune.

BrissyGuy
11th May 2013, 05:04 PM

I've used Dutt before. Very happy with the service.

joele
11th May 2013, 05:22 PM
Air Road Direct were a bit funny for me, they wouldn't take a pinball machine unless their own specialized freight division had packed it themselves... As I was away at the time and just wanted it done without too much hassle I used them to pick up the Tron from Rollerball...

So was more like $450 a bit on the high end.. But they are taking responsibility for it this way, and have a lift back truck with two guys to carry it at either end, that actually added a bit to the price but as I won't be home and my wife won't carry a pinball machine it is essential..

They came with two guys and a lift back truck, wrapped it up and packed it on a pallet and took it away this morning from Rollerball, contacted me a few hours later to let me know they had picked it up, it was on the way to Melbourne and to let me know the delivery time (within a 3 hour window).. So far so good, will post about how it looks on delivery, but they have been very good so far and good communications which is generally rare with transport..

Would have saved me some money if they let rollerball pack it, but saves him time and good option if the seller (say ebay etc) doesn't want to have to pack etc..

OK well I forgot to update this..

Apparently when they picked it up from Rollerball they wrapped it in towels and took it in truck to their depot..

Once at the depot they wrapped it in the most bubble wrap I have ever seen in one place and did it very well, also putting it on pallet.. They got it down to Melbourne at the time they said they would and unloaded it into the garage for my wife who just had to direct them..

So all in all pricey but great service if you don't want (or can't) do any work at each end and want them to take responsibility for it all.. was $450 all up though..

Replay
11th May 2013, 06:13 PM
OK well I forgot to update this..

Apparently when they picked it up from Rollerball they wrapped it in towels and took it in truck to their depot..

Once at the depot they wrapped it in the most bubble wrap I have ever seen in one place and did it very well, also putting it on pallet.. They got it down to Melbourne at the time they said they would and unloaded it into the garage for my wife who just had to direct them..

So all in all pricey but great service if you don't want (or can't) do any work at each end and want them to take responsibility for it all.. was $450 all up though..

Extra money was worth it for piece of mind and convenience, good service

WOKA
11th May 2013, 06:26 PM
Extra money was worth it for piece of mind and convenience, good service

Something there about a CC being dumped on the door step..?

pinballsc
28th May 2013, 11:55 AM
I have been investigating these guys for getting a pin shipped from the US

http://www.shipporter.com/

Anyone used them? Seems reasonable.

For a pin 150x80x80, 150kg it's $545 to Melbourne.

They also have a 20% off sale at the moment.

My question is, how does customs decide if you need to quarantine an item? And how high can costs run on this?

Sgtmax
28th May 2013, 02:17 PM
You will have to pay GST on whatever you bring in remember and there are other hidden costs involved as well

candyflip
28th May 2013, 03:18 PM

My question is, how does customs decide if you need to quarantine an item? And how high can costs run on this?

Their website FAQ clearly states they don't include other duties and taxes from the import country.

Q : Does the door to door rate include duties & taxes on import at the destination country?

A : No – duties and taxes (if any) are not included in the door to door price. Before the order arrives at the destination port our customs department will calculate the cost of duties and taxes and will contact you to arrange for payment of these charges. Shipporter can give you an estimate of the potential duties/taxes if required - please contact us and include a description of the goods and the value.

Sounds like you can just ask them for a quote.
How accurate it would be, or if they would stand by it, I don't know.

pinballsc
28th May 2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks guys, I'm ok with the GST, it's a known cost, I'm just curious if anyone has had anything quarantined, and how much it cost?

Railways
28th May 2013, 07:53 PM
HI, bit of help please;). Does any one know of any Furniture companies that do Newcastle/central coast/Sydney to Adelaide. In this case I don't really want to use e.go as these are older games and I would like them wrapped and strapped with legs on for these ones. cheers Jeff

skids
15th July 2013, 07:19 PM
HI, bit of help please;). Does any one know of any Furniture companies that do Newcastle/central coast/Sydney to Adelaide. In this case I don't really want to use e.go as these are older games and I would like them wrapped and strapped with legs on for these ones. cheers Jeff
I recently used igor from a-z removals $250 cash from balina to doonside

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/liverpool/removals-storage/backload-interstate-removals-melbourne-brisbane-sydney/283999533

Railways
15th July 2013, 10:12 PM
I recently used igor from a-z removals $250 cash from balina to doonside

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/liverpool/removals-storage/backload-interstate-removals-melbourne-brisbane-sydney/283999533Thanks mate but we used Tea- Tree Gully furniture freighters to get the two pins to Adelaide.

chopchop
16th July 2013, 05:19 PM

Have you done the shipment from the US yet? I'm thinking of moving a couple over, and wondered how you went with this company.

Skywalker
9th September 2013, 05:43 PM
looking at getting a pin, Adelaide to melb any ideas,

furniture removals ?

Railways
9th September 2013, 05:46 PM
I used "Tea tree gully" removals recently to move two pins Gosford to Adelaide with legs on. Apparently they move a lot of pins. They are based in Adelaide.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/business-listing/tea-tree-gully-removals-storage-australia-wide-1011665/pooraka-sa

Skywalker
9th September 2013, 05:47 PM
thanks Champion :D

Railways
9th September 2013, 05:51 PM
thanks Champion :DNo prob, Don't know what the pricing is like as the Buyer of the two pins paid for the freight:unsure

Skywalker
9th September 2013, 05:57 PM
No prob, Don't know what the pricing is like as the Buyer of the two pins paid for the freight:unsure

thanks & congrats on the 5k ;)

Railways
9th September 2013, 09:08 PM
thanks & congrats on the 5k ;)Aah, gotcha now. That was 5K post. Reckon since Dec. 06, 4.5K of those must have been dribble;)

Fish Tales
9th September 2013, 09:13 PM
Aah, gotcha now. That was 5K post. Reckon since Dec. 06, 4.5K of those must have been dribble;)

only 5k? thats walking frame speed Jeff :lol

Beanbag
6th December 2013, 08:31 PM
I used Tea Tree Gully removals to move a pinball from Sydney to Adelaide recently. They gave the cheapest quote by $200. They were a little rough with the pin when unloading it, and also delivered it a couple of days later than planned. But they but did warn me when I booked that they were flat out with deliveries being so close to Christmas.

dazby
7th December 2013, 06:05 AM
Hi guys, need to move a pin from Mackay to melb any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Homepin
8th December 2013, 07:30 AM
E-Go, but do it "depot to depot"

Pack it yourself, drop it off at the depot/agent in Mackay and get the receiver to collect it from the depot in Melb. If you strap it to a pallet (the only way to go) it will be forked on and off trucks and not handled by beanheads.

I've never had an issue using E-Go this way, it's when you want the local delivery yobbos to get involved it sometimes ends in tears....according to some experiences reported

EDIT: just noticed you are in Melb - better talk to the guy in Mackay and see if he will pack it correctly and take it to the E-Go depot - otherwise I would use a furniture removalist.

Hi guys, need to move a pin from Mackay to melb any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

chopchop
8th December 2013, 09:18 AM
I agree with Mike. I've used e-go 4 times in the last couple of years, never a problem. THanks to Skywalkers advice, I send a large roll of bubble wrap to the origin via ebay (cheap as) to help them along, and get them to pop it on a palate. Always arrived perfectly, and around $300 mark from Melb to Gold Coast.

Waiting for Drakula and Jurrasic Park to arrive next week!

correva
12th December 2013, 07:19 AM
I just bought a pinball and is being delivered from Vic to Newcastle by Transdirect Freight. Cost was $250 (the sender put it on a pallet). It was picked up from Victoria yesterday and is now in Sydney. Looks like it will be delivered by Toll Ipec to me. Very happy with the timeframe as it is now.

richard.m
1st March 2014, 09:03 PM
I have booked a machine to be picked up from Sydney and delivered to Adelaide for $350 through Delco Removals.
blanket wrapped and looked after. Just got the number from the Yellow pages.
Also used Alladins before for the same trip,excellent service but a little more expensive.

Thanks for the tip on Delco, I just used them to ship a pin from Sydney to Adelaide depot to depot for $275.00. Very reasonable price & excellent customer service, really helped out at the Adelaide depot & looked after the pin for transit. Great family business, Recommend them!

Nearly used e-go which was only about $30.00 less, clearly no choice at all.

bretty
1st March 2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the tip on Delco, I just used them to ship a pin from Sydney to Adelaide depot to depot for $275.00. Very reasonable price & excellent customer service, really helped out at the Adelaide depot & looked after the pin for transit. Great family business, Recommend them!

Nearly used e-go which was only about $30.00 less, clearly no choice at all.
Wtf they gave you a better price than my special price to Sydney of $280.:)
They are absolutely fantastic and very helpful and friendly, best service I have ever used.
Glad they looked after you.
Delco only go to Melbourne though and then it's freighted to Sydney with Baulkham Hills Removals.

richard.m
1st March 2014, 09:26 PM
Wtf they gave you a better price than my special price to Sydney of $280.:)
They are absolutely fantastic and very helpful and friendly, best service I have ever used.
Glad they looked after you.
Delco only go to Melbourne though and then it's freighted to Sydney with Baulkham Hills Removals.

Yes, Baulkham hills removals was who Delco hook up with & the booking was done with them.
Baulham hills removals were great to deal with also.

Railways
1st March 2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the tip about Baulkam hills removals. Will keep that one in mind for the future.

BIGKID1980
4th March 2014, 07:47 PM
hi guys
any advice on companies to use sending machine to vic from gold coast-door to door.ive used ego before and had no issues but not for a high end machine, and I already got a quote from prestige freight.

Skywalker
4th March 2014, 07:53 PM
check with prowler when he was coming down, he may have already been :unsure

prowler
4th March 2014, 08:06 PM
hi guys
any advice on companies to use sending machine to vic from gold coast-door to door.ive used ego before and had no issues but not for a high end machine, and I already got a quote from prestige freight.
I'll do it door to door for $500

JOKERPOKER
4th March 2014, 08:08 PM
hi guys

Hy tech transport.
Peter 0412 964707
I have used him 4 times now all high end and no damage. Luke has been using him for ages and a few others as well. Just for your info.

Sent from somewhere in the void!

Sabot68
2nd April 2014, 11:18 AM
Hi All,
I have read most of the pages of this thread and contiunally see prices quoted around the $250-$400 mark. I just got quoted $764 to transport my pin (TAF) from ipswich to sydney, door to door. Have I just been reading old posts or is that just what is costs now? (pin has to be palleted at pick up and delivered to my appartment on the first floor, so 2 flights of stairs)
I know thats only one quote but I don't hold out much hope of any of the others being that much cheaper.