PDA

View Full Version : Redbox issue

mxd
26th February 2009, 10:28 PM
Hi All,

I got my red box late last year finally rotated the monitor and went to plug it in last night. I first plugged the box directly onto the jamma cable, it all started up but then my joystick would not move the game selection and the P1 start would not start the game.

So tonight I plugged the cable into the redbox and then into the jamma connector, turned the box on and all started up but still no use of joystick or button.

I used the joystick 2 days ago with the namco classic board.

Is there any suggestions of what I should try ?

cheers
Matt

GameDude
27th February 2009, 06:30 PM
Check where the common GND loop for your controls goes, on the redbox some of the GND oins are reused for button 6 P1 and P2 the details are in the manual (yes I know the manual is shit but it still shows you!) :lol

mxd
14th March 2009, 09:32 AM
not too sure if I was lookig in the right area, but pin 1 +2 and 28 are ground, do I need to follow the wires from the buttons and stick ?

mxd
11th April 2009, 03:17 PM
sorry still a little confued here, do I need to take the ground from the power supply to the ground that goes to the buttons ?

My jamma has gnd from power supply to pin1 then pin28 to the joysticks.

any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
Matt

serviceit
12th April 2009, 06:27 PM
ground is ground, basically you can take it from anywhere that is handy, its best if you can loop it from the run that is handy, the button loop is a good place.

hersonl
14th April 2009, 11:04 AM
sorry still a little confued here, do I need to take the ground from the power supply to the ground that goes to the buttons ?

My jamma has gnd from power supply to pin1 then pin28 to the joysticks.

any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
Matt

I had the same issue with redbox. What I did to resolve was rewire pin 27 to pin 28 on the cabinet jamma connector. Basically the ground to joystick 1 and buttons 1-3 was daisy chained to pin 27 in my standard jamma cabinet. In standard jamma pin 27 is ground and in redbox this is button 6.

mxd
14th April 2009, 11:41 AM
thanks for that. I could not understand that from the manual :)

NiNJA
15th April 2009, 07:52 PM
hmmm .... so these xxx in 1 things like redbox arent necessarily plug and play then if you get a cab with a jamma connector?

Was kind of hoping to start off easy and get a jamma cab, a xxx in 1 as long as it was simple to plug in and it worked .. then I could pull it apart later if I need to. :)