PDA

View Full Version : Finnys Monster Bash

Pommy Lee
24th February 2009, 09:30 AM
The best Monster Bash I have ever seen !! Wish I had the $$$ for it :(

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Monster-Bash-Pinball-Machine_W0QQitemZ230327429195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_15?hash=item230327429195&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

WOKA
24th February 2009, 10:01 AM
Stunning machine.. It's my Birthday next month, what do you reckon my chances are..!

A bloke can dream..

Back on track..

wonder1
24th February 2009, 10:34 AM
very nice, good to see someone going to great detail to bring the machine back like new. i wish i could get my machine's up to that condition one day!

DKong
24th February 2009, 10:36 AM
If my Tattslotto numbers come up this week, it will be the first purchase I make:D

<Dreams along with WOKA>:lol

MrMaloo
24th February 2009, 05:50 PM
My god that is one SWEEEET looking MB !!!!

:eek2:....:eek2:....:eek2:

Hope my Powerball numbers come up this week .... :sm1:

Does anyone know why Finny didn't offer it for sale on here first . Might save quite a bit on fees . He must be trying to get the maximum possible buyers I suppose .

LOTR4U
24th February 2009, 05:55 PM
What do people think of the metal corner protectors :unsure and skid plates?

If it were me selling I would have left if too the buyer to put them on. IMO

----------

Does anyone know why Finny didn't offer it for sale on here first . Might save quite a bit on fees . He must be trying to get the maximum possible buyers I suppose .

I tried to urge him too but I guess he got some offers via PM and wanted to see what he could get :unsure

28pms
24th February 2009, 06:35 PM
The metal corner trims not my cup of tea .

Ballypinball
24th February 2009, 06:49 PM
Don't you drink Coffee?

Burra749
24th February 2009, 07:29 PM
It nice to see an ebay seller who has a descent camera & is prepared to put excellent pics up.
You have done a great job on the rebuild.:cool:

WOKA
24th February 2009, 07:30 PM
Mrs Woka said I could have it for my Birthday.. Now I just got to find the cash-ola :(

felixthadog
24th February 2009, 07:33 PM
Mrs Woka said I could have it for my Birthday.. Now I just got to find the cash-ola :(

:o What's the :( for? That should be a :D and a :041: and a :118:

Matthew

WOKA
24th February 2009, 07:37 PM
:o What's the :( for? That should be a :D and a :041: and a :118:

Matthew

Finding the CASH-OLA.. Thats the problem..! :(

Burra749
24th February 2009, 07:37 PM

Do what ever is need, sell the SI cab to me, that will help raise some funds.;)

Buy it. I doubt you will find a better one any time soon.:cool:

felixthadog
24th February 2009, 07:57 PM
Finding the CASH-OLA.. Thats the problem..! :(

That's not a problem, that's a challenge! ;)

Matthew

coolspot
24th February 2009, 08:01 PM
loan :lol

pinnies4me
24th February 2009, 08:09 PM
I think I'm in love! I want that machine!

LOTR4U
25th February 2009, 07:23 AM
It nice to see an ebay seller who has a descent camera & is prepared to put excellent pics up.

+1 to that!

ktm450
25th February 2009, 11:17 AM
Absolutely beautiful work! Good luck Finny :023:

Savage
25th February 2009, 09:00 PM
I too would love this pin.

I'll sell my Atomiswave, Naomi 2 system, and my recently restored GnR..

But don't think it will quite get to the asking price... :(

Railways
25th February 2009, 09:45 PM
As said - great game and one that I'd like to have one day especially in that condition - great job with the final touches.good luck with the sale.

Pop Bumper Pete
1st March 2009, 01:41 AM
$12,000

Fark

LOTR4U
1st March 2009, 05:36 AM
$12,000

Fark

$8000 for the machine ? $4000 in parts/resto? :unsure personall I can't see it. It "only" cost me $2800 for the resto I did on CV.

Pop Bumper Pete
1st March 2009, 06:17 AM
But there is time involved

though I would like to do it, I would not have the time to restore a machine to your CV, or this MB to the same condition

LOTR4U
1st March 2009, 06:40 AM
But there is time involved

though I would like to do it, I would not have the time to restore a machine to your CV, or this MB to the same condition

when doing CV I always thought that time I'd never recoup. I guess you can try but then it makes the machine already well over priced even more :( that reminds me I got to update my thread.

Mr Tilt
1st March 2009, 10:02 PM
It makes me feel good knowing I paid $6000 for my MB last month. All its needs is cosmetic work decals, rails etc freshened up. Working 100%. I realize it was fully restored like new. But wow that was big $$$. What are your opinions?

DKong
1st March 2009, 10:10 PM
Imo went to someone with a lot of money, great machine and will be in a great home, $12,000 is a deposit on another house for me. can see more future in that than a pin.

Well done Finny though might change his business now :lol

gints
1st March 2009, 11:29 PM
It's all relative and what it's worth to someone. To some people the difference between a 90% pinball and a 110% pinball like Finny's might be worth $6k.

Glad it sold, esp in this economy. Dude must have been short selling ASX indices the day it went to shit :)...

ANT68
2nd March 2009, 04:43 AM
It makes me feel good knowing I paid $6000 for my MB last month. All its needs is cosmetic work decals, rails etc freshened up. Working 100%. I realize it was fully restored like new. But wow that was big $$$. What are your opinions?

Been covered here
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=21428&page=3

LOTR4U
2nd March 2009, 06:20 AM
Good luck to Finny if he got that price. FARK ME, now I think I sold CV too cheap and should have ebayed it ;)

Still, I would not go out and buy a heaps of MB's because of that price, i still think that when that person sells they might find it hard to recoup there money if anyone person like themselves is not around. :unsure who knows.

Maybe pinny prices will pick up, but from what I have seen its getting tough to sell a machine for a "normal" price.

All I want to know now is WHEN THE HELL IS FINNYS PINNYS OPENING UP! :unsure I want to book a Melb trip but will wait till its open and gives just 1 more thing to do while in Melb. :D

Johns-Arcade
2nd March 2009, 07:06 AM
Been covered here
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=21428&page=3

Threads merged.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

MrMaloo
2nd March 2009, 09:39 AM
Big congrats to Finny.

As mentioned earlier this was probably the BEST MB in Australia as far as condition goes (and I imagine it would be right up there in the world rankings - who knows??? ) . To some people the sale price is insignificant as it was one of those "I've just gotta have it at any price" pins.

As far as whether or not it will still be worth that in years to come wouldn't really matter I don't think because in this condition this machine would be an absolute keeper. I couldn't see anybody paying $12k for a pin only to turn around and re-sell it later ....

hamish_nz
2nd March 2009, 10:35 AM
wow congrads !!!!

great looking machine, out standing result

LOTR4U
2nd March 2009, 11:11 AM
I couldn't see anybody paying $12k for a pin only to turn around and re-sell it later ....

youd be suprised what people do these days :rolleyes

ktm450
2nd March 2009, 11:42 AM
Well done Finny great result for a lot of hard work :023:

MrMaloo
2nd March 2009, 12:37 PM
youd be suprised what people do these days :rolleyes

True .... There's a thread around here somewhere about a Big Brave thats just been bought and is back on the market.....:unsure

WOKA
2nd March 2009, 01:27 PM
Great result.. I wonder if it will stay in Australia or be shipped overseas.. The end time was about 2:00am so was it targeted for overseas sales perhaps..?

bwodie
2nd March 2009, 01:39 PM
greatr game, awesome to see finny get so much. Definately one bloke who deserves it!
I would hate to see the ebay fees :O

spacies
2nd March 2009, 01:45 PM
Thats ****ing awesome Finny! Couldn't have happened to a better bloke after your mishap.

Keep trucking mate because I wanna come play your pins!!!

LOTR4U
2nd March 2009, 04:54 PM
Thats ****ing awesome Finny! Couldn't have happened to a better bloke after your mishap.

he's bloody slow :cry i wana come down ASAP and play some..... arrrrrrrrrr

MrMaloo
2nd March 2009, 09:38 PM
Great result.. I wonder if it will stay in Australia or be shipped overseas.. The end time was about 2:00am so was it targeted for overseas sales perhaps..?

I thought the end time was a bit weird too Woka . It finished at 3:30 am approx. here I think. .....

But then I thought about it and I think there is a method in Finny's madness (so to speak):

By having the auction finish at that time "most" buyers (Australian ones anyway) are going to be asleep when it finished so if you wanted to bid and were really serious about wanting to win it then those buyers would have put in the absolute maximum they were willing to go to before they went to bed. This would have meant that Finny would have got the maximum he could for his MB . Turns out the final 2 bidders were bidding at the last second anyway so were either hyped up on coffee in the early hours or from overseas ..... ( hope not as it would be a shame for a machine of this quality to leave our shores).

NOT A BAD IDEA .....:023:

Finny
3rd March 2009, 12:25 AM
What do people think of the metal corner protectors :unsure and skid plates?
If it were me selling I would have left if too the buyer to put them on. IMO

Fortunately the individual who purchased the machine seemed to like the protectors. Whatever floats your boat I suppose... Skid plates? its a lower trim protector. Technically a 90˚bent pice of s/steel.

Humidity and play movement causes the corners to expand and contract where the art adhesive will deteriorate which f'n annoyed me so much I made these protectors, just seemed logical... It also covers fuked up art. The lower rail guard was added to protect the art and wood which always gets belted too. It can be removed easily without any problems. Going to try a black out and chrome set next.

Tar, Just love photography :cool:

Thanks Champ!:)

It's all relative and what it's worth to someone. To some people the difference between a 90% pinball and a 110% pinball like Finny's might be worth $6k.

Glad it sold, esp in this economy. Dude must have been short selling ASX indices the day it went to shit :)...

Very true, it's all relative. Would rather invest in top pins than the ASX though. I think there is always a market for high end pins IMO.

I thought the end time was a bit weird too Woka . It finished at 3:30 am approx. here I think. .....

But then I thought about it and I think there is a method in Finny's madness (so to speak):

By having the auction finish at that time "most" buyers (Australian ones anyway) are going to be asleep when it finished so if you wanted to bid and were really serious about wanting to win it then those buyers would have put in the absolute maximum they were willing to go to before they went to bed. This would have meant that Finny would have got the maximum he could for his MB . Turns out the final 2 bidders were bidding at the last second anyway so were either hyped up on coffee in the early hours or from overseas ..... ( hope not as it would be a shame for a machine of this quality to leave our shores).

NOT A BAD IDEA .....:023:

Ha Ha... well someone is on the ball... Saturday night, every one is usually up and felling happy, pissed or both.... They can also afford to sleep in... OMG I purchased what??? What's a MB? Congratulations brada!

As a spin off, I've had many enquires from other pinheads who want their babies restored to the same condition or better which I'm considering if it's a financially viable enterprise. Will investigate the market further...

Anyway guys thanks' for the moral support!!!!!!!!!! Much more to come :evil (that's not my shop burning either)

F.P update... Dispute with building owner v's insurance, Agent dispute with Finny, Finny Bitchin to builder (paint), Builder bitchin to insurance... Zzzzzzz... Finny straight out of low cash... More latter, in the mean time, more bum juggling by ass clowns and fun busters.

Oh yeah... MB will live in Adelaide I believe....

ANT68
3rd March 2009, 05:34 AM
Nice work Finny ,corners got me a bit mate ,(Keen on future ones with out the corners)

Interesting you say ,

Humidity and play movement causes the corners to expand and contract where the art adhesive will deteriorate which f'n annoyed me so much I made these protectors, just seemed logical... It also covers fuked up art.

I recently saw a IJ which had new decals done about 12 months ago(up this way) , it was a nice pin but to my upsetting amazement the front corners were starting to peel ,I said to the bloke WTF is happening here ,
"O there starting to peel off, I might ring up the guy I bought bought the pin from and see if he can fix it " he said
"Might ring up" I said .

Is these a common thing?
Is there a good success rate ?
Is out climate screwed up here ?

Tony

(sorry if I'm off the track a bit with this post)

MrMaloo
3rd March 2009, 06:04 AM
Hey Finny,

I bet there will be a few ears prick up when they read that you may start doing restos on other owners pins.... :118:

Only problem I could see with it is time as I'm guessing there is a hell of a lot of guys out there who would like it done ..... me for one ... lol.

LOTR4U
3rd March 2009, 06:15 AM
Humidity and play movement causes the corners to expand and contract where the art adhesive will deteriorate which f'n annoyed me so much I made these protectors, just seemed logical... It also covers fuked up art.

IN my shed it is bloody hot/humid, CV decals never looked like pealing. :unsure They are on there reeaaal good. In a home use enviroment I just think it is not really nessacary.

F.P update... Dispute with building owner v's insurance, Agent dispute with Finny, Finny Bitchin to builder (paint), Builder bitchin to insurance... Zzzzzzz... Finny straight out of low cash... More latter, in the mean time, more bum juggling by ass clowns and fun busters.

Oh yeah... MB will live in Adelaide I believe....

If selling the MB means finny's pinny's will be back up sooner, then more power to you mate!

Can't wait for the place to re open.

Bumper
3rd March 2009, 03:22 PM
Here, here Finny, lets get that brilliant place back up and running mate.

Darksoul
3rd March 2009, 04:42 PM
Will be the third MB here in Adelaide that I am aware of. Played MB a few weeks ago for the first time. It's a good game.

Word has been put out on the SA grapevine to find out who the new owner is. We might know who has it.

LOTR4U
3rd March 2009, 04:51 PM
Fortunately the individual who purchased the machine seemed to like the protectors. Whatever floats your boat I suppose... Skid plates? its a lower trim protector. Technically a 90˚bent pice of s/steel.

Humidity and play movement causes the corners to expand and contract where the art adhesive will deteriorate which f'n annoyed me so much I made these protectors, just seemed logical... It also covers fuked up art. The lower rail guard was added to protect the art and wood which always gets belted too. It can be removed easily without any problems. Going to try a black out and chrome set next.

Finny, i forgot to ask you the ask question I had re the restore. Was there a reason you sprayed over the warning labels on the back :unsure I know that they don't really do anything for a machine but it feels more original with it on.

just want to know if you have a specific reason which could change my thoughts on restoring a pin :unsure

cheers

fte
3rd March 2009, 06:19 PM
Hey Finny - just curious. How many hours would go into a restore like that one?

Finny
6th March 2009, 04:15 PM
Finny, i forgot to ask you the ask question I had re the restore. Was there a reason you sprayed over the warning labels on the back :unsure I know that they don't really do anything for a machine but it feels more original with it on.

just want to know if you have a specific reason which could change my thoughts on restoring a pin :unsure

cheers

All of the head shell was rubbed back to wood and re-coated with semi gloss auto black acrylic a few times rather than just painting over it.

Of course if you wanted the original look, this waring sign could be painted or stuck back on. In my opinion only I think it looks shit as the warning is in 5 or so languages and you can't see it anyway since the machine usually has it's back to the wall.

If a client specified that the sign be replaced it wouldn't be that difficult to do with a vinyl stencil.

Hey Finny - just curious. How many hours would go into a restore like that one?

100+ Hrs on MB but it depends entirely on the machine and condition.

Ballypinball
6th March 2009, 06:05 PM
We can sell a back panel painted black with the yellow screened artwork, if you want to replace it next time

sleazius
19th March 2009, 12:49 PM
Just noticed, according to pinpedia your MB was the most expensive MB that has ever sold on ebay:

http://www.pinpedia.com/statistics/overall

and,

http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/1017/prices?o=cost&

Savage
19th March 2009, 01:58 PM
Just noticed, according to pinpedia your MB was the most expensive MB that has ever sold on ebay:

http://www.pinpedia.com/statistics/overall

and,

http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/1017/prices?o=cost&

Interesting, nothing in there about my GnR recently sold, must be if available to the US ebay?

LOTR4U
19th March 2009, 02:00 PM
Does those websites take into account shill bidding? :unsure

I am dubius about a number of sales I checked on them and the bidding records.

Finny
19th March 2009, 02:02 PM
It was a good one though...

A CV will be next for rejuvenation and I'll post it up after completion.

LOTR4U
19th March 2009, 02:08 PM
It was a good one though...

A CV will be next for rejuvenation and I'll post it up after completion.

What was a good one? :unsure your MB... yes it was nice.

Look forward to seeing someone else restore a CV, I would never do another machine to that standard again. JUST too much work :o

TIP: Don't paint over the warning label if possible, the cabs looks better with them still intact.

Gav
19th March 2009, 02:18 PM
What was a good one? :unsure your MB... yes it was nice.

Look forward to seeing someone else restore a CV, I would never do another machine to that standard again. JUST too much work :o

TIP: Don't paint over the warning label if possible, the cabs looks better with them still intact.

After playing a couple of your fully restored pins I think your time and effort was well spent and it defininately shows in the final product:cool: Be a shame if you didn't do another.

sleazius
19th March 2009, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure if they take into account shill bidding - generally speaking auctions take around 2 weeks to show up on the site I've noticed. Data is compiled for Australia, US and UK - I'm pretty sure the dude who runs it has posted on AA before, can't remember who though.

Its pretty easy to tell what is a shill bid though, two MMs at $US9k with one bid .. hrm. We know Finny's actually sold, so its safe to say its the highest sale for an MB that the site has registered :)

Finny
19th March 2009, 02:34 PM
After playing a couple of your fully restored pins I think your time and effort was well spent and it defininately shows in the final product:cool: Be a shame if you didn't do another.

Plenty more to come... stay tuned :cheers:

LOTR4U
19th March 2009, 07:03 PM

thanks mate, I would have put 60+ hrs into that bloody thing.

In hind sight I should have played a heap of different games, picked my fav and then done it instead of just picking CV randomly.

is a great game, just not my fav of all time.

Plenty more to come... stay tuned :cheers:

Do a MM :D instead of CV :unsure great game and probably my fav just before LOTR.

Finny
20th March 2009, 02:41 AM
Do a MM :D instead of CV :unsure great game and probably my fav just before LOTR.

Won't be selling my MM so I'm doing the CV to raise coin as I have two of them.

Gav
20th March 2009, 06:15 AM
Won't be selling my MM so I'm doing the CV to raise coin as I have two of them.

How about doing a Totan aswell?

Finny
20th March 2009, 04:40 PM
How about doing a Totan aswell?

I'm going to do one of these but not for sale. Will be for a client but I'll document the job for the curious.

LOTR4U
20th March 2009, 05:01 PM
How about a Barbwire? :unsure :p

Ballypinball
20th March 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm going to do one of these but not for sale. Will be for a client but I'll document the job for the curious.

Whats the guys name who does these restorations?

I met him at the shop after the fire, he was a plumber or electrician or similiar.

he knew me but couldnt remember his name

Mr Tilt
20th March 2009, 09:46 PM
Can you do my TOTAN as well?

shootar75
20th March 2009, 10:02 PM
can you do my car too! ;) sensational stuff.

Finny
21st March 2009, 02:45 AM
Whats the guys name who does these restorations?

I met him at the shop after the fire, he was a plumber or electrician or similiar.

he knew me but couldnt remember his name

Wayne, Wayne... or is that Andrew?

Can you do my TOTAN as well?

P.M Me

How about a Barbwire? :unsure :p

Not familiar with that one???

Am I missing something here?

LOTR4U
21st March 2009, 05:04 AM
Not familiar with that one???

Am I missing something here?

just joking mate, barbwire is a Pam Anderson pin which is really shit and definatley not worth restoring.

shes a real boat anchor.

ANT68
21st March 2009, 05:55 AM
:lol
just joking mate, barbwire is a Pam Anderson pin which is really shit and definatley not worth restoring.

shes a real boat anchor.

shootar75
21st March 2009, 07:33 AM

shes a real boat anchor.

great movie though :tomato

LOTR4U
21st March 2009, 07:54 AM
great movie though :tomato

yeah for 2 reasons :p

Finny
21st March 2009, 11:23 AM

shes a real boat anchor.

Dose it have a boobie header?...:o

felixthadog
21st March 2009, 11:56 AM

shes a real boat anchor.

I would have thought with all that silicone she wouldn't be a very good boat anchor :blink:

Matthew