PDA

View Full Version : Lowboy Marquee wanted

bpc
21st February 2009, 12:03 PM
Hiya,

I'm getting close to finishing my first lowboy MAME cabinet so I'm after ideas and help for a marquee.

The size of the marquee is around 60cm x 20cm from memory: will need to measure again once home.

I'm not good at making up the graphics so I need help there.... and I would appreciate advice for the printing: even better - happy to buy a printed artwork marquee off someone!

As for marquee graphics, I'm open to suggestions/what people have available. Yeah, that's a broad statement but I could go with a generic look or something along the lines of what I like. I like the old school games like pacman, bezerk, space invaders etc so a theme along that line would be fine. The cabinet is a bright, glossy red, with black trim.

I just looked at the generic ones by daics.. they look good, but on second thought, I think I'd like a themed one based on an original game.. so anyone out there have anything suitable they can throw my way? I'd be happy to pay for a printed marquee.

Brendan

bpc
23rd February 2009, 03:51 PM
Hellooooo.... anyone out there able to help? :)

Brendan:badgrin

narf_
23rd February 2009, 07:27 PM
i can get it printed if you have the file

longreach
23rd February 2009, 07:32 PM
Would any AussieArcade peeps have a problem with me using the AA donkey kong pinball image as a marquee? I just think it's cool, plus my arcade will be next to my pinnies.

bpc
24th February 2009, 08:14 AM
i can get it printed if you have the file

Thanks!

I'm not sure what style to get so I'll have a think and get back to you - do I just look at those here?:

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/caga/marquees/

and more here:

http://vectorlib.free.fr/

BC

spacies
24th February 2009, 08:52 AM
I can do something custom for a donation if you like?

Lemme know. I have a bit on but if it is just a marquee then I should be able to squeeze you in.

GORGAR 1
24th February 2009, 10:50 AM
I'd love someone to make me one of these please...

Peter

spacies
24th February 2009, 10:53 AM
Yep easy as Gorgar.
What size?

GORGAR 1
24th February 2009, 11:02 AM
Will measure now

bpc
24th February 2009, 11:03 AM
I can do something custom for a donation if you like?

Lemme know. I have a bit on but if it is just a marquee then I should be able to squeeze you in.

Thanks Spacies... I'll have a think about designs, and measure the marquee.. but I don't want to put Narf out! :)

BC

GORGAR 1
24th February 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for this,

Its: 500x190 and the old ones a couple mm thick

If you want to PM cost I love one

Peter

bpc
24th February 2009, 03:14 PM
My Marquee size is 600 x 200mm.

Spacies: I've sent you a PM re ideas.

Brendan

narf_
26th February 2009, 06:34 PM
hey mate just reading thru

no worries at all if you wish to go ahead with spacies

Womble
2nd March 2009, 11:40 AM
Hi All

I am also after a marquee for my new lowboy project at some point, the 1943 one here would be awesome, assuming the 1943 board on its way is actually fixable.

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/caga/marquees/1943_marquee.jpg

Couple of questions tho, are these marquee plates a solid strip of plastic, or is the artwork a strip that is sandwiched bethind perspex on the machine? My tallboy has 2 perpsex plates, a white translucent one at the back and a clear one in front. It has no artwork in between.

The lowboy doesnt have anything at the moment, just a gaping hole, do I need to find some perspex plates for it? The marquees you see on ebay from time to time all look like plates, ie no sign that they are flexible and have been rolled up at all.

Also - does the artwork need to be in vector format or is a whopping great jpg gonna work?

Cheers

spacies
2nd March 2009, 11:52 AM
There were a few ways these were done.

1: Screen printed directly to glass/perspex
2: Same as a pinball translite which are printed on some kind of thin opaque plastic
3: Reverse printed on vinyl and stuck to the inside of glass/perspex
4: Printed on card and sandwiched between glass/perspex.

I just DL'd your file. That will print minty. Huge jpgs are good enough for prints this size.

Gorgar, BPC: I can send you the files for you to get printed the way you want, or I can send them to you as option #3 or #4 above. I will investigate option #2. If you want #3 then that means you will have to apply it to NEW glass/perspex at your own risk.

GORGAR 1
2nd March 2009, 02:36 PM
There were a few ways these were done.

1: Screen printed directly to glass/perspex
2: Same as a pinball translite which are printed on some kind of thin opaque plastic
3: Reverse printed on vinyl and stuck to the inside of glass/perspex
4: Printed on card and sandwiched between glass/perspex.

I just DL'd your file. That will print minty. Huge jpgs are good enough for prints this size.

Gorgar, BPC: I can send you the files for you to get printed the way you want, or I can send them to you as option #3 or #4 above. I will investigate option #2. If you want #3 then that means you will have to apply it to NEW glass/perspex at your own risk.

PM Sent

Womble
2nd March 2009, 02:50 PM
Anyone know where I could get a marquee printed directly onto a perspex sheet?

spacies
2nd March 2009, 03:41 PM
PM Sent

Received :) Will get it sorted for you.

Anyone know where I could get a marquee printed directly onto a perspex sheet?

I just talked to someone about this, literally. I have found a very specific machine that can do this as normal printers do not print white, but the results will be outstanding and as close to an original marquee as you could get. Not cheap though mate. Looking about $100 including the acrylic.

GORGAR 1
2nd March 2009, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=spacies;265192]Received :) Will get it sorted for you.

Thanks for that-look forward to hearing from you.

Peter

maxpower
8th March 2009, 08:17 PM
I'd love someone to make me one of these please...

Peter

Hey GORGAR 1 do you have a higher res pic of that please? I used the other one with yellow wrighting in my last cab and want to use this in the other one. Thanks
Max

narf_
8th March 2009, 08:50 PM
http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/details.php?image_id=338&mode=search
http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/details.php?image_id=343&mode=search
:)

maxpower
9th March 2009, 07:55 AM
http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/details.php?image_id=338&mode=search
http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/details.php?image_id=343&mode=search
:)

Thanks Narf but 1st link is the one I used on other cab and the 2nd linked works but try and download it. I only get 40k or something instead of 2.2meg.

narf_
9th March 2009, 07:59 AM
ahh np

ive got mine in the past no worries. just emailed a mate and they came back printed in the mail with no hassles

horseyboy69
13th April 2009, 01:21 PM
ahh np

ive got mine in the past no worries. just emailed a mate and they came back printed in the mail with no hassles

Hey Narf,
What sort of price are you talking to get a marquee printed. The guy I was using on the Gold Coast doesn't seem to do them anymore. I am looking for a new printer as I have a bout 5 that I will be doing very soon.
Cheers,
Ian