PDA

View Full Version : lowboy number 1

narf_
18th February 2009, 08:47 PM
starting to tidy up a lowboy i got last week

only doing basics like repainting trims ect to neaten it up. this is my fav out of the 2 due to the variation on the top and the sides have a trim along the edge to make it stand out a bit

so far swapped the marquee for a tempory generic till i get my marquee order done this week,replaced the buttons and joystick to a balltop zippy and scubbed up the CP ready for a polish

wiring is lai and super neat so leaving as is ill drop a adaptor in.

monitor has been rotated also leaning towards 80's games for his cabinet. already got a 48in1 cabinet so this cabinet will take original pcbs

i need to make a new base as it is MDF but ive got some old bases of some uprights at a mates i will collect and drop on if not ill make one but in the meantime does the trick

the button on the CP i thought was a credit button but appears not so i will track it back to the harness and check. will swap that also for a round button to match the rest

Dice275o
20th February 2009, 02:50 PM
Nice!

I'd love to get myself a lowboy. Really reminds me of the corner store at the holiday house.

This one looks pretty tidy. I do like the stories of where stuff is found and the scores people get. Does this have one of those great stories?

AdamC
20th February 2009, 03:03 PM
Nice cab... should look good when you are all done.

Reminds me to post up some stuff on the cab in restoring.

narf_
20th February 2009, 05:30 PM
cheers guys

is a nice solid unit. operator made but well built

----------

just discovered the chassis isnt one of joeys but will soon find out if its a goer

biggeorge
20th February 2009, 05:56 PM
What's the go in pic#3 around the t-molding?? They cut some sort of weirdass route into the laminate???

Any ideas?

narf_
20th February 2009, 07:26 PM
yeah they have

all along the edge

narf_
24th February 2009, 12:55 AM
monitor is tested and working

very sharp and displays nice

narf_
10th March 2009, 12:09 AM
well i ended up removed the lai wiring for ease of game swapping in the future

CP is away getting polished but leaning towards a overlayed panel so no finger marks will wait and see what happens

narf_
19th March 2009, 07:57 AM
ill find out this arvo but this cabinet is being sold local :(

but i do get to upgrade it to a nice bigger cabinet :)