http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=elvis&searchtype=quick
Good player?
How much?
Many problems?
Whats it worth?
Cheers Gav

Pinball Warehouse
4th February 2009, 09:01 AM
Hi Gav, I would love to get one of them myself, being an old Elvis rocker from way back. I have heard the game sucks but who cares, The King rules.
Has a great soundtrack. They seem to sell between $5000 and $6000.
Will be one the few Stern games that will be highly collectable in years to come.

domehead
4th February 2009, 09:05 AM
i disagree I think its a really good game, its fairly straightforward but very playable. $5000-$5500 seems to be the going ebay rate

Burra749
4th February 2009, 09:49 AM
As Tony has said, I think you would need to be a fan of Elvis music.
Being an AC/DC fan I think it would do my head in listening to it.

Now, why don't Stern release an AC/DC pin, I think that sales would give TAF a run for its money.
Even if the license cost a fortune, it would have to be the biggest selling pin of all time.

Gav
4th February 2009, 09:55 AM
Yes ACDC are awesome and I'm also a huge fan but.......
ELVIS IS THE KING:)

hamish_nz
4th February 2009, 09:59 AM
great theme, got to love the music

I like it, game play is average

the hound dog toy does not look right

Fish Tales
4th February 2009, 10:13 AM

Now, why don't Stern release an AC/DC pin, I think that sales would give TAF a run for its money.
Even if the license cost a fortune, it would have to be the biggest selling pin of all time.

100% agreed Burra. ACDC pinball done right could be the most successful pin release to date. It would have mass appeal across the generations, and imagine with todays tech the sound and video displays you could have. Piss off DMD technology, use an LCD and have actual clips of ACDC guitar riffs, and screaming vocals.

Shame its Stern we rely on for new pinball........they missed the boat as they couldave timed with the release of Black Ice. A new ACDC album is as big as a new Harry Potter movie, another great pinball theme gone begging.
:rolleyes

WOKA
4th February 2009, 10:15 AM
My reply won't really qualify for much but I found the machine to be average in game play and the music infuriated the hell out of me.. Not an Elvis fan obviously and maybe this detracted from my over all experience..

Agree, one for the collector with deep pockets.

nigelicious
4th February 2009, 10:27 AM
I've only played it at an arcade in Brisbane city. The colours were very nice and bright, and would probably be excellent if you are an Elvis fan. That said, I found it to be slow and boring.

elvis
4th February 2009, 02:24 PM
Shit yes I am.

Fish Tales
4th February 2009, 02:38 PM
Shit yes I am King of spam.
lol

LOTR4U
4th February 2009, 05:02 PM
My reply won't really qualify for much but I found the machine to be average in game play and the music infuriated the hell out of me.. Not an Elvis fan obviously and maybe this detracted from my over all experience..

Agree, one for the collector with deep pockets.

+1 there, i haven't even seen one sell on Ebay :unsure I seen dreamers with BS prices ie $6K - $9K. Shit game play, OK collectable theme (Elvis) apart from that the game is a shitter.

I can't see them selling for more then LOTR/TSPP

sleazius
4th February 2009, 07:46 PM
Considering a LOTR was just ebayed and got ZERO bids at $4950 (althought that was crazy cheap), I can't see elvis being worth more than 4k. I've never seen one listed on ebay under 6k though - you must *really* need to be an elvis fan to appreciate this pin.

narf_
4th February 2009, 08:15 PM
played one sited few years back was ok

*lemonade that cool refreshing drink* :lol

Mr Tilt
4th February 2009, 08:30 PM
Played it at Northland Shopping Centre Playtime , enjoyed it alot!
Would buy it at the right price if HUO at $4500-5000.

LOTR4U
4th February 2009, 08:42 PM
Considering a LOTR was just ebayed and got ZERO bids at $4950 (althought that was crazy cheap), I can't see elvis being worth more than 4k. I've never seen one listed on ebay under 6k though - you must *really* need to be an elvis fan to appreciate this pin.

FYI

That LOTR on Ebay.

I've been told that machine was not mint (far from it) and had some "issues" which I was not aware of.

I think it might still have been worth that around the $4.9K but who knows.

WOKA
4th February 2009, 08:48 PM
I thought a member on AA picked it up..? The one that ended last week in QLD - Sunshine coast..?

ANT68
4th February 2009, 09:44 PM
Ya ,I wonder who bought it ?

MrMaloo
4th February 2009, 10:51 PM
I've only had the chance to play an Elvis once and my opinion was that gameplay was pretty good but unless you're an Elvis fan the sounds/music could get on you're nerves pretty quick.Nice looking and well layed out pin.

sleazius
4th February 2009, 11:47 PM
Seeing as its been sold, I spose I can say that I passed on it at $4800 palleted and dropped at the depot. Don't know who got it in the end.

LOTR4U
5th February 2009, 08:31 AM
Seeing as its been sold, I spose I can say that I passed on it at $4800 palleted and dropped at the depot. Don't know who got it in the end.

Be interesting to know.

domehead
5th February 2009, 08:42 AM
from the pictures the ramps looked rusty was that just the camera?

stuba
5th February 2009, 09:38 AM
As Tony has said, I think you would need to be a fan of Elvis music.

besides the deep fired peanut butter sandwich feature , i dunno, played it once in the bris city arcade, couldn't hear the bloody sound because of the racket the asian kids were making on their dance machines.

NOW ACDC, that would be my ultimate pin, it must have bon scott though, although to be fair to brian johnson i would have him somewhere on it as well. angus going nuts, hells bells startup music, big angus riffs. please somebody build a production version.

highly recommend the bon scott biography "highway to hell" (clinton walker) to any fans that haven't read it.

LOTR4U
5th February 2009, 09:38 AM
from the pictures the ramps looked rusty was that just the camera?

you would be correct in that assumption ;) rust it was.

sneek
5th February 2009, 09:47 AM
Shit yes I am.

:lol I knew that was coming.

ANT68
5th February 2009, 02:08 PM
does anyone here own an elvis gold?

how much are they pulling now

ANT68
24th February 2009, 07:06 AM
I was told by a member that the bicycle blokes down south sold an Elvis Gold for $11.5K
can this be verified ?.:unsure:unsure

sleazius
24th February 2009, 09:32 AM
Probably, still think its a boat anchor :D

Bumper
24th February 2009, 12:04 PM
We sold a Gold for $16,000 but it was new in the box years after the production had stopped, but it went for $16,000. It was our highest selling pin ever.

ANT68
24th February 2009, 03:22 PM
Wow ,how long ago was that ?

GEE
24th February 2009, 10:14 PM
It's an average pin. I'd put some dollars in it if I found one on a route. I don't think I'd buy one, though.

Jomac
25th February 2009, 03:17 AM
Absolutely hated elvis! (Not the pinball)

The Pin has been a big winner on site , earnings have been up there with the best and I've had plenty , meaning the players must love it because they stay right away from crap pins.
Out of all the Sterns "Ripley's Believe it or not" has been the highest earner.
Both of these have also been very reliable.

I'm with some others here , I would pay anything for an ACDC pin !!

Funnily enough one of the lowest earning machines besides IJ & JD I have ever owned was TZ , even on free play people would walk past it . :)

GEE
25th February 2009, 03:25 AM
Not so surprising, I'd have thought. TZ seems very complicated when you first approach and play it, both in terms of playfield and ruleset.

It's ironic that Ripley's was in many ways a cutdown version of TZ.

Jomac
25th February 2009, 03:47 AM
Not so surprising, I'd have thought. TZ seems very complicated when you first approach and play it, both in terms of playfield and ruleset.

It's ironic that Ripley's was in many ways a cutdown version of TZ.

The Reason TZ was a dudd on site was because it was so low scoring in comparison to everything around at the time , You could play one ball for 10 minutes and not even score a million , while other pins would give you a million for hitting the start button.
LAI were selling them new in the crate for $2200 at the time because they were such a flop , it wasn't for a few years later that real pin players realized it was a really good pin.

Yeah I see the Irony in Ripley's being so similar but being narrow body it feels a lot faster to play.
Unfortunately a long way to go as far as quality and feel though.

Shock_And_Awe
25th February 2009, 09:25 AM
The Reason TZ was a dudd on site was because it was so low scoring in comparison to everything around at the time , You could play one ball for 10 minutes and not even score a million , while other pins would give you a million for hitting the start button.
LAI were selling them new in the crate for $2200 at the time because they were such a flop , it wasn't for a few years later that real pin players realized it was a really good pin.

Yeah I see the Irony in Ripley's being so similar but being narrow body it feels a lot faster to play.
Unfortunately a long way to go as far as quality and feel though.

I wouldn't have thought scoring in TZ was that low, no lower than Addams Family at least.... MM is a very low scorer but from what I understand was one of the best earners on site....then again MM was around in a different time too.
Incredible some of the prices of new games when they were being flogged off at the time.

Bumper
25th February 2009, 12:15 PM
Actually the worst mistake Williams ever did was NBA Fast break with just two digit scoring. To play a huge game and only be able to say your score was 120 was operation Death. How they did not realize this was beyond comprehension.

felixthadog
25th February 2009, 06:21 PM
Actually the worst mistake Williams ever did was NBA Fast break with just two digit scoring. To play a huge game and only be able to say your score was 120 was operation Death. How they did not realize this was beyond comprehension.

120 is 3 digits :unsure

Matthew

ANT68
25th February 2009, 07:09 PM
2 digits:017:

Bumper
27th February 2009, 10:40 AM
HAHA very good, but you know what I mean.:)

sleazius
27th February 2009, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't have thought scoring in TZ was that low, no lower than Addams Family at least.... MM is a very low scorer but from what I understand was one of the best earners on site....then again MM was around in a different time too.
Incredible some of the prices of new games when they were being flogged off at the time.

MM you clock higher scores as the objectives increase. Yes you can drain a ball and be on 200k, but each time you complete the objective, the score goes up - taking down the castle being the best example of that. Not to mention, its pretty damn obvious what the objective is in that game - TZ on the other hand :rolleyes

Shock_And_Awe
27th February 2009, 02:04 PM
MM you clock higher scores as the objectives increase. Yes you can drain a ball and be on 200k, but each time you complete the objective, the score goes up - taking down the castle being the best example of that. Not to mention, its pretty damn obvious what the objective is in that game - TZ on the other hand :rolleyes

An example of what I was referring to would be that you have to destroy the 5th castle to get 10M points whereas TZ the skillshot is worth 10M just for shooting the ball into play.
I've cracked a billion points on TZ more times than I've cracked 100M on MM.

The objectives on the other hand - yeah TZ not an easy one at all.

Out of interest, have you ever destroyed all the castles (Castle Crusher)? Only the once for me :cry :lol

edit: sorry Gav I just realised how off topic this has gotten :)

sleazius
27th February 2009, 02:50 PM
Out of interest, have you ever destroyed all the castles (Castle Crusher)? Only the once for me :cry :lol

I'm like origami -

folds under pressure ;)

I've been on the King of Payne with the gate open 3 times now, and drain it. Completely retarded. I'm talking 3 ball game here.

So that'd be a no, never taken it down. I've got every other record on the machine, just not that one :(

Sorry for the threadjack :)

Gav
27th February 2009, 03:51 PM
An example of what I was referring to would be that you have to destroy the 5th castle to get 10M points whereas TZ the skillshot is worth 10M just for shooting the ball into play.
I've cracked a billion points on TZ more times than I've cracked 100M on MM.

The objectives on the other hand - yeah TZ not an easy one at all.

Thats cool mate. My interest in buying an Elvis has waned. Better of keeping on the hunt for my Totan:)

Pinball Warehouse
25th April 2010, 08:34 PM
I finally have my Elvis pinball, I try and play it every day, what a great pinball for an old Elvis fan.

LONG LIVE THE KING.

narf_
25th April 2010, 08:39 PM
used to be one sited till about a year or so local

i quiet enjoyed it never liked him :unsure

Fish Tales
25th April 2010, 08:54 PM
Grats Tony, never thought someone in your position would have wish pins. I would love to play Elvis, on youtube the soundtrack sounds great.

Prince
25th April 2010, 09:00 PM
Heavily overpriced and Steve Ritchie never liked making it.
Game play is average and the "Hound Dog" target/track is quite annoying and repetitive.
Other than that, it's a great looking pinnie.

Shaker Motor is a must.

SC.

bretty
25th April 2010, 09:17 PM
good stuff Tony.I love mine also and would sell all my other machines before it.I have never had as much fun playing another machine.

brado
25th April 2010, 10:30 PM
Yes ACDC are awesome and I'm also a huge fan but.......

x2:023:

Red Series 3
26th April 2010, 12:45 AM
I enjoyed playing this pin.
I reckon it is a good looking machine, few different things on the playfield. Interesting video modes.
Its one of the last Steve Ritchie games from Stern. All good things in my book

Railways
26th April 2010, 01:06 AM
Found one onsite at Strike 10pin bowl at Salamander Bay about a month ago to my surprise in fairly good nick I didn't mind playing it and didn't think it felt clunky at all - I want one someday + I'm an old fart who doesn't Elvis:D

Art
26th April 2010, 01:50 AM
i enjoy this machine a lot! i am a huge elvis fan though so the theme really helps. lucas hates it because it can be very unforgiving, he's got a point too, i think i'm at least a little blinded by the theme

Dirty daz
26th April 2010, 06:30 PM
I did not think much of this one!

Jomac
26th April 2010, 08:34 PM
Good stuff Tony , wont be selling ours in a hurry that's for sure .

I think it is going to be worth a fortune when Elvis finally dies :lol

Fair Dinkum Dan
26th April 2010, 09:32 PM
I think Elvis is a good looking pinball and a pretty good player too. There are quite a few modes and the soundtrack is good too. I need more game time on it, but I reckon I would like to own one of these in my collection one day.

But then again, I like most of the machines STERN have been released anyway. :D

Cheers,

Dan

borgattard
27th April 2010, 04:11 PM
good stuff Tony.I love mine also and would sell all my other machines before it.I have never had as much fun playing another machine.

Me Too. never part with mine. Love the encore feature ,haven't seen anything like it on other machines.

bretty
28th April 2010, 10:47 AM
Me Too. never part with mine. Love the encore feature ,haven't seen anything like it on other machines.

Havent even got the encore yet.I am so crap at playing it and it kicks my ass.Might have to make the settings easier.

borgattard
28th April 2010, 04:20 PM
Havent even got the encore yet.I am so crap at playing it and it kicks my ass.Might have to make the settings easier.

I cant seem to master the blue suede shoes. Gets me every time. I still haven't been to grace land after being so close. I wonder what happens when you get there:unsure

ANT68
28th April 2010, 06:27 PM
I cant seem to master the blue suede shoes. Gets me every time. I still haven't been to grace land after being so close. I wonder what happens when you get there:unsure

You get lemonade and a cheese Burger :lol

LOTR4U
28th April 2010, 06:53 PM
Elvis - It is not my cup of tea.

Pinball Warehouse
28th April 2010, 08:17 PM
Elvis - It is not my cup of tea.

Your way too young to appreciate this fine game. Imagine trying to purchase one of these in 10 years time.

This Stern game really does rock.

Railways
28th April 2010, 10:58 PM
+1 Tony. enjoyed playing a machine onsite for a few games and I think awesome potential for a collectable. Depends on the age demographic I suppose;)

Bumper
29th April 2010, 04:54 PM
I agree Tony. I bought one when it first came out for myself, knowing that in years to come, this one will be worth a mint. I remember justifying to my wife at the time that even if it had a blank playfield, you couldn't lose on the investment. Its actually quite fun to play as well and Ritchie design which help.... and a bitch to try to get to the wizard mode. I think i've only got there once in 6 years!!!

WOKA
29th April 2010, 06:43 PM
I suppose I might enjoy it a lot more with the speakers disconnected..!

BrissyGuy
29th April 2010, 07:30 PM
I''ve never played an Elvis, but i admit i like the look of it. Might have to go YouTube it and see ( or hear )what all the fuss is about.

shootar75
29th April 2010, 07:49 PM
I'm no big elvis fan, but it is a fun game. If you can find one buy it I'd say - especially if you are a fan.

LOTR4U
30th April 2010, 09:51 AM
I just think that the machine gets more cred then it deserves just basically because of the theme.

What if it was Brit Spears? :unsure

I am not saying it is a bad game, I thought it was simply OK but not on my fun list of pins. Also, no pinball is an investment! The word investment means to me something that will increase in value. If you want an investment, buy some Gold.

Prince
30th April 2010, 10:40 AM
I just think that the machine gets more cred then it deserves just basically because of the theme.

I am not saying it is a bad game, I thought it was simply OK but not on my fun list of pins. Also, no pinball is an investment! The word investment means to me something that will increase in value. If you want an investment, buy some Gold.

And it sold well for Stern.
Spot on there re investment - not.
I wonder if the person who brought the Elvis from BCW was a Elvis Collector, not a pinball player.

SC.

bretty
2nd May 2010, 08:33 PM

I just realised my machine wont even do Blue Suede Shoes mode.All the switches seem to be ok and all the other modes work.
What shots are required to start it?
Thought I would just ask here first before startin another thread.

borgattard
4th May 2010, 05:10 AM
I just realised my machine wont even do Blue Suede Shoes mode.All the switches seem to be ok and all the other modes work.
What shots are required to start it?
Thought I would just ask here first before startin another thread.

go round the inner loop twice. activated by magnet on upper right flipper that starts it off