PDA

View Full Version : average life of a pinball ramp

frs
27th July 2006, 11:30 AM
Can anyone give me an estimate of how long a new pin ramp would last?

Ie, is there any point to ordering 2 new ramps at the same time, given that the game is only for home use :unsure

Shock_And_Awe
27th July 2006, 01:13 PM
If you're talking about a ramp for your Addams then there is a weakness in the left side to the entrance to the bear kick ramp because it does not have a metal protector as standard (well at least mine didn't). When I bought my TAF it was broken there and I have since replaced with a new ramp. At this point I reckon with the amount of use it will get at my house, I'll take a chance on it not happening again but you can buy ramp protectors as well
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballRamps.htm
New ramps are not cheap so in my opinion I think probably not worth having a spare.

Shock_And_Awe
27th July 2006, 05:26 PM
yeah that's the same ramp I bought - I think mine cost me around the AUD250 or so with postage so I must've paid the USD150 price. $99 is good, I can see why you contemplated getting 2. The clear ramps look good too.

DKong
27th July 2006, 08:32 PM
Always good to have a spare and who knows if you can get it again. A big plus if you ever decide to sell it too. Look it even has a new spare .......

None of my games have plastic ramps so haven't had to deal with that. (yet) I think ol Steve Richie (designer of my pins) knew his games would always last and used steel rails .