PDA

View Full Version : jukebox buttons

IMPURE
20th January 2009, 04:48 PM
hey all,
what is the minimum amount of buttons i could have for a jukebox setup?

i dont want credits and all that just basic controls, i want to do away with my cd player, have a pc with all my music on it, dont need play lists just wanna access albums, or artist. Without shift keys, really basic setup for me and the kids :)

Crafty
20th January 2009, 04:58 PM
1-0 = 10 buttons
up down = 2 buttons
On off switch...

That is the minimum I could run SK jukebox off.

Would probably add another 2 buttons for skipping by letter if it's a large collection. The rest can be sorted in settings.

AdamC
20th January 2009, 08:11 PM
1-0 = 10 buttons
up down = 2 buttons
On off switch...

That is the minimum I could run SK jukebox off.

Would probably add another 2 buttons for skipping by letter if it's a large collection. The rest can be sorted in settings.

Thats my thinking too ...
I really need the extra 2 buttons for the letter skip.
But i noticed on a juke i made at xmas, that the letter skip would only make it jump to the next letter , and pressing again wouldnt take it to the next letter ..... only if you went to the next page of the current letter.:unsure Maybe i just mapped the buttons to the wrong function ?

Heres my juke buttons ....
The ESC button is for cancelling the selection (also used to exit Ultrastar) .. and the ENTER is to lock in the song selection.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/adamndeb/IMG_0340Small.jpg

Black Tiger
21st January 2009, 08:48 AM
The ESC button is for cancelling the selection (also used to exit Ultrastar) .. and the ENTER is to lock in the song selection.

That's my set up ;) I was actually inspired by your layout, it's perfect if you ask me - I'm posting pictures of my new jukebox shortly and you'll see it's quite similar apart from some of the buttons being different in shape

AdamC
21st January 2009, 08:57 AM
I forgot to add ...

Theres another button on top of the jukebox to close the program ,and which shuts down the jukebox also. I have that up there so its out of the way , and because of the shape of the juke, people dont realize it ups there.

Black Tiger - cant wait to see yours !

Brad
21st January 2009, 09:00 AM
Thats my thinking too ...
I really need the extra 2 buttons for the letter skip.
But i noticed on a juke i made at xmas, that the letter skip would only make it jump to the next letter , and pressing again wouldnt take it to the next letter ..... only if you went to the next page of the current letter.:unsure Maybe i just mapped the buttons to the wrong function ?

It works for me Adam. Seems to be something wrong there somewhere. Scratching my memory I think theres a repeat or key setting somewhere for that?

Brad

AdamC
21st January 2009, 09:03 AM
It works for me Adam. Seems to be something wrong there somewhere. Scratching my memory I think theres a repeat or key setting somewhere for that?

Brad

Well i dont have the letter skip buttons on mine , so I'll worry about it on the next one I build. ;)

Brad
21st January 2009, 09:06 AM
Is the new one going to be touchscreen? All the cool kids are doing it :cool:

Brad

MameDownUnder
21st January 2009, 01:38 PM
touchscreen is the only way of doing it

Brad
21st January 2009, 01:40 PM
I agree. I still have my old button job and I shudder every time I look at it LOL!

Brad

Davefjedi
21st January 2009, 02:24 PM
1 on off
the rest is touch screen baby

RaMpAgE
21st January 2009, 03:18 PM
Man I have got to build me a new Juke - mine is sooooooo out dated

Brad
21st January 2009, 03:27 PM
The touchscreen is the best thing I ever did!

Brad

IMPURE
21st January 2009, 05:18 PM
well im definately gonna start a build shortly, will be setting up a pc tonight:)