PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Zone opinions

jumpydoctor
26th July 2006, 07:04 PM
Hello AA members (have I said that somewhere before?) Without getting into a huge debate I was interested in opinions on Twilight Zone, considering one at the moment, haven't played one for a while, thoughts appreciated.
Jumpy

Savage
26th July 2006, 07:14 PM
I Personally think TZ Pinny is excellent...
It would be in my top 5 pinnys, maybe 2nd to Indi pinball.. Go for it I say!
Great Rules and the Pinny itself is chock full of gadgets!

bwodie
26th July 2006, 07:44 PM
i want one
where you getting it from
how much
let me buy it instead
ty friend

bretty
26th July 2006, 07:57 PM
Twilight Zone is brilliant.A machine I have and wont be getting rid of any time soon.I hadnt played it for a few weeks but played the other night and now I dont want to stop.IMO it is the best pinball machine out there.

DJS
26th July 2006, 08:07 PM
TZ is a keeper for sure - for the mad keen players point of view i would not part with it.........................

the only thing i would say against it - is for a novice "freinds around etc etc" it is a lil hard and not appriciacted like say adams or T2 which are a lot easier on the novice...

cheers

jumpydoctor
26th July 2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the comments, Most people that I have spoken from hold TZ in high regard and hopefully all will go well and I'll get it for a good price. I'm pretty happy to pay a bit more for it than I usually pay up here due to it's excellent condition. (I did a repair on it about 18mths ago and haven't seen it since, here's hoping it's still good) Am going for a closer examination tommorrow.

Shock_And_Awe
27th July 2006, 01:06 PM
TZ was my first pinny and I doubt I will ever sell it. Not knowing much about pinnies and being my first and all, it took me a bit to get into it but now I love it. I haven't completed the door (without the cheating home roms that is :D ) but the best I have done is all panels lit with just the door knob to go. As I said this game is a keeper!

hamish_nz
27th July 2006, 01:09 PM
Great Game. Will be the last machine I sell

jumpydoctor
27th July 2006, 06:01 PM
Had a quick look this afternoon, cab and playfield is as good as I've seen, clock gumball magnets etc all working. DMD will need replacing soon (good enough but I like em crisp and clear) BR1 needs to be replaced (reset faults) globes and rubbers. Have all the parts on hand price negotiations 2500 with coin mechs.

DJS
27th July 2006, 06:52 PM
at 2500 i assume you have already bought it - if not SHOULD HAVE.......:badgrin

i paid around that for mine - and spent about 300 to 400 basic parts and a rework on the dmd driver board "was starting to go"
thats not including my labour - which if you are goin to strip back to wood is a BIG BLOODY JOB on a TZ - but when it is finished you get a great feeling given it is probably one of the more complicated playfields "think it holds the record for most utilized from a switch point of view" or it was at the time of production.....

cheers

bwodie
27th July 2006, 07:01 PM
yeah if you dont buy it jumpy, tee it up for me mate! lol

jumpydoctor
27th July 2006, 07:07 PM
I normally like to pay between nothing and a thousand for a pinnie but even up here thats getting hard now (good on ya egay) but I have always been interested in TZ and have heard a lot about it. A guy rang me the other day to look at a jungle princess very nice condition he paid 50 bucks for it, thats more to my likening but I think it's time to bite the bullet. Will go pick it up tommorrow

bwodie
27th July 2006, 08:12 PM
good man :)

The Pinny Parlour
27th July 2006, 09:01 PM
Exciting stuff Gav. I have only ever seen one once, and never played one, (that I can remember). Looks a sweet as game and one of Williams finest.

frs
28th July 2006, 09:07 AM
Have never played it, but it's one of the few I'll (eventually) buy whether I've played it by then or not

Congrats!

Ric
28th July 2006, 09:24 AM
take the jungle queen too!

GEE
28th July 2006, 11:37 PM
Hello AA members (have I said that somewhere before?) Without getting into a huge debate I was interested in opinions on Twilight Zone, considering one at the moment, haven't played one for a while, thoughts appreciated.
Jumpy

I have one. Great game ... top 3 of all time, I would think.

Lots of unique features, interesting shots, modes, theme.

I shall be keeping mine in perpetuity.