PDA

View Full Version : Volume controls

chopper098
14th January 2009, 05:32 AM
Hi Guys, I have just started building my first Jukebox and was wondering how everyone controls the volume of the jukebox. I have my PC running into an amp with a slide volume control and not sure how to put the controls on the outside. Anyone have any ideas. Also where can I obtain a TRACKBALL for ny PC to work with aussiejuke software. Cheers CHOPPER:unsure

AskJacob
14th January 2009, 11:58 PM
Perhaps this between your PC and the amp:

http://www.audiovisualdevices.com.au/viewprod.php?catid=&productid=APC554

Cheers
Jacob

narf_
15th January 2009, 01:32 AM
ive got my controls on the back panel

power and volume plus a reset switch are all hidden on the back.

though mine is a original machine it seems to done the trick for over 30 years

Brad
15th January 2009, 02:05 PM
What I did on my old juke was add 2 led buttons to the control panel. I had the speakers turned up fairly loud and then controlled the volume via Windows Software using these 2 buttons.

On my touchscreen juke it's a similiar setup and except the volume control is a slider on the screen.

I plan to build a control interface on the back. I currently have a power on/off button but want to incorporate manual sound controls (bass, treble, volume), lighting controls and various input/output devices. I'm not sure the best way to accomplish this yet.

cheers,
Brad

soup
15th January 2009, 04:45 PM
You could always route a recess in behind your front face panel and fit the amp behind with the slider poking through as a control :unsure
I did this to mine, wouldn't say it was the best move but it works well and I wasn't aiming for anything professional (first jukebox attempt). I did the same for some of the other controls like bass, treble, balance etc. Being able to use the amplifier remote is nice too :) (although one to also control the JukeBox SW would be better - next project).

chopper098
16th January 2009, 02:40 AM
Thanks guys. I am going to try the volume control knob between the pc and amp. let you know how it goes