PDA

View Full Version : 48-in-1 questions

felixthadog
1st January 2009, 01:53 PM
I have installed the 48-in-1 board in my cab and gone into the Test menu to change some of the settings, but once I get to the last screen (I/O Test) there is no option to Quit or Save, if I just switch the cab off and back on again, all my settings are lost. There is nothing in the manual about saving settings in the Test menu, and Dipswitches 1,2 & 4 on the PCB are set to OFF (only Dipswitch 3 is set to ON). How do I save my settings on the Test menu? :unsure

Also, I have adjusted the contrast and brightness on the monitor chassis so that the in-game screens look good, however when I go to the Games Menu it is quite dark and I can only just see the game picture. If I increase the brightness so that the Games Menu looks good, the black background within the actual games is not black but a lightish red. I can't seem to find a happy medium. Is there anything I can do to get both the Games Menu and in-game pictures looking bright and clear? :unsure

Cheers,
Matthew

steve2000
1st January 2009, 02:24 PM
I can't remember because it has been a while but I think right at the end of the menus there is a save setting you have to click before you turn the machine off.

felixthadog
1st January 2009, 02:31 PM
I can't remember because it has been a while but I think right at the end of the menus there is a save setting you have to click before you turn the machine off.

Nope, on the last screen (I/O Test) there is only the option to go back to the previous page (by pressing the Service button), there is no option to Quit or Save :unsure

Matthew

steve2000
1st January 2009, 02:55 PM
ok I had a look.

When you get to the last page go back one page to the volume page then press the player 1 button and it will say setup ok.

Then you can switch the machine off and then restart it to play it with the switches in the normal positions.

dezbaz
1st January 2009, 03:54 PM
ok I had a look.

When you get to the last page go back one page to the volume page then press the player 1 button and it will say setup ok.

Then you can switch the machine off and then restart it to play it with the switches in the normal positions.

Kool, thank you, worth knowing

felixthadog
1st January 2009, 03:58 PM
ok I had a look.

Awesome, thanks for the info, I'll give that a go and report back.

Cheers,
Matthew

GIBO
1st January 2009, 05:02 PM
settings can be saved by pressing player1 button on any screen that you change settings ,doesnt have to be the last screen

felixthadog
1st January 2009, 05:15 PM
settings can be saved by pressing player1 button on any screen that you change settings ,doesnt have to be the last screen

P1 action button or P1 Start button? :unsure

Also, any ideas why the Games Menu appears dark when the in-game brightness is spot on? :unsure

Matthew

GIBO
1st January 2009, 05:20 PM
yes mate player 1 start button,have only had that problem with the screens when one colour pot is turned up too high,maybe in your case its the red one

felixthadog
1st January 2009, 08:32 PM
ok I had a look.

Thanks guys, that worked a treat :023:

Matthew