PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Ozstick Coin Slot Owners

miikeboyle
21st July 2006, 02:51 PM
I bought one of the $35 ozstick coin slots, but im a ltiile confused as to how it works. I understand how the coin microswitch attatches and workes, just not sure about the initial bit when you put the coin in. it seems that mine when i put a 20c piece in, the 20c piece leans to the side and goes to the coin reject section. Does that mean mine isnt setup for 20c pieces yet, or im overlooking something real simple?

thanks
Mike

gunigoogoo
21st July 2006, 02:57 PM
I bought one of the $35 ozstick coin slots, but im a ltiile confused as to how it works. I understand how the coin microswitch attatches and workes, just not sure about the initial bit when you put the coin in. it seems that mine when i put a 20c piece in, the 20c piece leans to the side and goes to the coin reject section. Does that mean mine isnt setup for 20c pieces yet, or im overlooking something real simple?

thanks
Mike
Don't know why you wouldn't contact OzStick directly about this. They're quite approachable.

miikeboyle
21st July 2006, 02:59 PM
Ive just found that ozstick take about a day to reply to emails, where as the forum, someone usually can help me find a solution within an hour or 2

gunigoogoo
21st July 2006, 03:05 PM
Ive just found that ozstick take about a day to reply to emails, where as the forum, someone usually can help me find a solution within an hour or 2
Never thought of picking up the phone?:unsure

elvis
21st July 2006, 03:20 PM
When I bought my coin mech (a "coin slot" means something else where I come from) from OzStick, it was brand new. Generally new mechs are set up for $1 or $2 coins. (I honestly can't remember if mine was set for $1 or 20c - but it's on 20c nowadays).

Recalibrating for 20c is a pretty easy procedure, and documented in the manual that comes with it.

Smit
21st July 2006, 03:49 PM
A little bit off the subject, but...
Can coin mechs be setup for tokens too? is it easy?

Smit

miikeboyle
21st July 2006, 04:06 PM
Hey

Mine didnt come with any instructions/manual, i just fiddled around with the screws and now seems to work.

Mike

elvis
21st July 2006, 04:09 PM
A little bit off the subject, but...
Can coin mechs be setup for tokens too? is it easy?

Smit
Traditional mechanical coin mechs can be set up to use (almost) any size coin-shaped item that isn't affected my magnets.

The idea is pretty simple: there's a combination of a magnet and a couple of stoppers that the coin must past through before it heads to the microswitch to register a credit. If the material is affected by magnetic fields (no coins are), then it will get stuck at the magnet and force the user to push teh coin-return button.

If the coin is too large or too small it will either drop down past the first stopper, or get wedged in the second and again the user is forced to push the coin return button to release the coin.

Most tokens are made of marious metals that don't get pulled in by magnetic fields (I believe copper and nickle are the most common). A quick adjust of 2 screws for your tocken size and you're set to go.

[edit]
Copper, zinc, nickle it seems are the non-valuable materials:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_coins

OzStick
22nd July 2006, 03:27 PM

thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry if my email response has been a little slower in the past few days.

They SHOULD come pre-adjusted for Aussie 20c coins but sometimes they need a bit of fine tuning.

I've taken the liberty of emailing you a small PDF file that has a pic of the mech and explains how to adjust it - please email to let me know how you go with it.

Cheers,
Chris

miikeboyle
22nd July 2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks Ozstick

All sorted now

mike