PDA

View Full Version : My 48-in-1 is a 39-in-1?

dmworking247
21st December 2008, 12:24 AM
I was sent a 48-in-1 from another member, and I've plugged it in and can only find 39 games on the menu. In the test menu, I can see that I can turn games 'on' or 'off', but all games (of 39 available titles) are switched 'on'.

The manual with it is a 48-in-1, but as I recall 39-in-1 was a real board. Is it possible I've got a 39-in-1 and not a true '48-in-1'?

Hmm, this could also explain the problems I'm having with highscores not saving?

narf_
21st December 2008, 12:31 AM
mate i had a 39

highscores never seem to save even with a 48

one note is you will here in galaxian you have a firing sound compared to none on the 48

dmworking247
21st December 2008, 12:58 AM
mate i had a 39

one note is you will here in galaxian you have a firing sound compared to none on the 48

Oh man, that really sucks. I really hoped it would be able to save high scores.

I will check the Galaxian sounds tomorrow. So 39-in-1 has firing sound, 48-in-1 doesn't? That'll confirm one way or other.

I'm really bummed about the high-score saving... I hope someone comes out with a new similar xx-in-1 with better sound, and proper high-score save in the near future (same kind of classic vertical game lineup though, I really like the selection)

narf_
21st December 2008, 01:00 AM
only thing close to that is about $600

so ill take a cheap chinese one anyday mate :o

i would compare mine to but down to one on the verandah atm :(

ttooddddyy
29th December 2008, 09:31 PM
Which games are missing - not the 4 way stick/ two button games ?.

Got caught out with that one before. If configed for 2 way stick only, the 4 way stick games will not show. Must be set to 4 way 2 or 3 button for all games to show.

I was sent a 48-in-1 from another member, and I've plugged it in and can only find 39 games on the menu. In the test menu, I can see that I can turn games 'on' or 'off', but all games (of 39 available titles) are switched 'on'.

The manual with it is a 48-in-1, but as I recall 39-in-1 was a real board. Is it possible I've got a 39-in-1 and not a true '48-in-1'?

Hmm, this could also explain the problems I'm having with highscores not saving?

horseyboy69
30th December 2008, 01:38 AM
mate i had a 39

I'm pretty sure the 48 in 1 has a setting that allows you to save or not save high scores. Have you tried this yet?

Fish Tales
30th December 2008, 08:16 AM
I have found that 48's will only retain your highest score on a game, and will not retain your initials.