PDA

View Full Version : Saving high scores in a 48-in-1

dmworking247
21st December 2008, 12:21 AM
Hi guys,

I've got my lowboy converted & configured almost perfectly for the 48-in-1 board, however I can't work out the 'save highscores'.

I looked in the manuals and it says to flick 'dip switch 3' to 'on', to enable high score saving... however when I power off, and power back on, the highscores are lost.

Am I missing something? Does 'enable highscore save' only mean that it saves only until the power is turned off or something stupid? Is there a known problem with 'older' versions of the 48-in-1 or something?

I like the 48-in-1 board for its simplicity but its really going to defeat the purpose if it doesn't save my high score (how else do I get bragging rights with the kids?!).

Btw the game I'm using to test this is Juno First. Can someone with a 48-in-1 confirm whether or not after a power off/power on, their Juno First highscore is in-tact?

rod71
21st December 2008, 09:54 AM
What they do is keep the "Highest Score". On games with Top 5 or top 10 scores etc. It will remember only the highest score and forget #2 down. Also entering your initials is pointless as it forgets them as well.

maxpower
21st December 2008, 10:07 AM
What they do is keep the "Highest Score". On games with Top 5 or top 10 scores etc. It will remember only the highest score and forget #2 down. Also entering your initials is pointless as it forgets them as well.

Yeah on most games it bloody saves your name the when you start up the score is there but it changes name to Lee.

dmworking247
21st December 2008, 10:15 AM
Bugger, well at least I know what to expect, thanks for the info guys.

rod71
21st December 2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah on most games it bloody saves your name the when you start up the score is there but it changes name to Lee.

Yup. Also on mine Pac Man Plus doesn't save high score at all. Not that i play it much, as it's pretty intense straight off the bat. Good game to play if you only have 2 minutes to spare :lol

Ando77
21st December 2008, 09:18 PM
Mine loses HS as well

48in one LAI coctail

This really pisses me off :x

Hope someone can come up with a solution

I believe PCB will require a backup battery

dmworking247
21st December 2008, 09:37 PM
I've got an answer for you:

Change your mains to turn the tube and marquee off, and always leave power to the PCB. Kind of costly, but will keep your highscores going. :lol

Fish Tales
21st December 2008, 09:48 PM
My highscores save, but the initials dont which sux.