PDA

View Full Version : Whirring noise ?

AdamC
20th December 2008, 08:33 PM
Im just about all done in my 48 bartop.

I installed a 8" Cold Cathode Neon light to light up the marquee , but as soon as I turn on the power, you can hear a whirring noise coming from the speaker .

I do have a little metal tube thingy -forget what you call it. I know its used for suppressing interferance.... where do i put this - on the power lead going to the light ? (wrapped around a few times) or on the speaker wire ? :unsure

AskJacob
20th December 2008, 09:07 PM
Im just about all done in my 48 bartop.

I installed a 8" Cold Cathode Neon light to light up the marquee , but as soon as I turn on the power, you can hear a whirring noise coming from the speaker .

I do have a little metal tube thingy -forget what you call it. I know its used for suppressing interferance.... where do i put this - on the power lead going to the light ? (wrapped around a few times) or on the speaker wire ? :unsure

On the power lead to the light. Those little inverters make a bit of electrical noise for sure.... This may not be enough to sort it all out...

AdamC
20th December 2008, 09:11 PM
FOrgot to mention - there is a little box halfway down the lead... so which side would be better to put it on ?

AskJacob
20th December 2008, 09:13 PM
where the power goes to the box, not the lead between the box and the tube.

Try to locate that box as far away from the 48 PCB too.

Cheers
Jacob

biggeorge
21st December 2008, 05:21 AM
Maybe try putting the box (Inverter circuit) into a tin-foil hat. :D

I think your "noise" would be coming from the inverter, so if you can shield it from everything else you should cure it.

AdamC
21st December 2008, 07:58 AM
Nothing worked ... I guess I'll just scrap this neon , and get a small fluro tube.