PDA

View Full Version : Convert Music DVD Project

acejas
20th December 2008, 01:43 AM
Ok Guys
i know there is another thread about passing on music vids but from what Ive obtained Im not really happy with the quality, especially on a 32" screen which ive setup with my touchscreen. Yeah theres some good ones but theres alot of crap too.

I have around 300 Music DVD's that I want to convert to avi's. ie, I want them as individual songs so therefore giving me alot of videos :)

I was thinking of making a list of people who would be interested in helping me convert them. I would show you how to do it and in what format if needed. You dont have to be computer literate as the programs are very easy to use.

I would envisage from 5 - 10 dvds to be converted. I would send them out , you convert and burn to DVD and send back with originals.

When everyone has sent them back I would pass the HD around to all those that contributed. Much like the current thread.

It would be a 3 month thing starting after the new year.

Ill keep this 1st post updated so its easy to read:

Contributors
Crafty
Brad
mxd

Any takers or comments. Just thought Id see if there would be any interest

Cheers
Jas

Crafty
20th December 2008, 08:54 AM
Happy to help..

I also have about 30 music DVD's to add to this project (That is if you don't already have them):lol

Brad
20th December 2008, 10:05 AM
You KNOW I'm in ;)

Brad

acejas
20th December 2008, 11:01 AM
Great Crafty Ill make a list after New year :) Good one Brad

mxd
20th December 2008, 12:41 PM
yep, I'l be happy to help.

cheers
Matt

@lien_Zed
20th December 2008, 03:36 PM
quite a lot of your standard music videos used in pubs and clubs, "nite life" they are called are very low quality to begin with.

David_AVD
20th December 2008, 04:01 PM
quite a lot of your standard music videos used in pubs and clubs, "nite life" they are called are very low quality to begin with.

Most of those types of clips are 288 x 352 mpeg1 (VCD) format.

I would hope that nobody here is distributing their video clips. As you will see, they are marked with their logo and they do pursue anyone copying them.

Brootal
20th December 2008, 04:20 PM
Don't know the quality of the ones being passed around, I've got about 50 Music DVD's I've Ripped most of them then run AGK over (@ 75%).

What process do you use?

May be able to assist if you need

Dutchy
28th December 2008, 08:24 PM
Acejas I'm keen to help and share,
Cheers

rockmes
29th December 2008, 12:16 AM
l am on the current list going around,but yet to receive them. l have my own collection that l have tried to only get good quality sound and video. l will be willing to help in any way and share obviously.
Cheers guys.

acejas
29th December 2008, 09:32 AM
great guys, will get back to you in the new year
cheers

RaMpAgE
29th December 2008, 04:44 PM
I'll do some.

cheers

johnharte
23rd March 2009, 11:08 PM
I'm in....

John

Retro71
2nd April 2009, 07:53 AM
I used to be a video editor, so I'm in :-)

I have a lot of music DVD's and also a stack of AVI's.

Just let me know what I need to do.

(Oh and I am after old 80's clips)

Steve

LiveToRide
2nd April 2009, 02:48 PM
im in aswell