PDA

View Full Version : Wireless wii mods

GEMINI
14th December 2008, 08:39 PM
Has anyone tried these??
they look easy to install
my wii is still in warranty so i will wait to mod it but thought these looked cool.

cwispy
14th December 2008, 09:17 PM
What do you mean by wireless mods, the wiiclips? If thats what you mean, then not all units can take them now days due to epoxy on the drive chip. Even the drives which can take them, I personally prefer to know that the wires are soldered so they cant move. If certain pins on the controller are shorted together the drive will die. Also they can tell the unit has been open even if you use the wiiclips so might as well wait till your happy its out of warranty and just get a chip installed permanently.

GEMINI
14th December 2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.ozmodchips.com/wii-solderless-mods-c-7_46.html
these here
will wait anyway but i could do this myself

cwispy
14th December 2008, 10:53 PM
Ok, yep thats the Wiiclip with whatever chip you decide to get with it. Your Wii will need to have a serial number below LAH1088 to use one of those. Even some units over 1080 have epoxy over the controller ic so you can use a clip. Its up to you, but I prefer to solder them in, the cost ends up being pretty much the same whichever way you go.

nellistc
15th December 2008, 06:42 PM
http://www.ozmodchips.com/wii-solderless-mods-c-7_46.html
these here
will wait anyway but i could do this myself

If you're not confident soldering (I wasn't), these work well. It takes 10 minutes to open, fit the clip and then close the wii back up again. If I was better at soldering, I probably would have gone down that road though ..

Emohawk
15th December 2008, 06:49 PM
Or just do the soft mod. No need to open the Wii and no warranty issues as you can uninstall it to.

GEMINI
15th December 2008, 06:59 PM
Whats this soft mod then??

GEMINI
15th December 2008, 09:25 PM
AAAAHHHH

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-vZy-MPRi5I

Emohawk
15th December 2008, 10:33 PM
Yes you are correct. I just did one tonight for a friend and have 2 more to before Christmas. It only takes 15min to patch. As long as you have the game.

All the files you need to download are easy to get. Or just ask and I can send you a zip file with everything setup.

Zelda it cheap to get as it was a launch title width the Wii

There is one thing but. You need to turn off WIIConnect24 as you do to start at firmware 3.3e or under.

if you get upgraded you can downgrade back.

GEMINI
15th December 2008, 10:49 PM
how do i find what firmware i have??

Emohawk
16th December 2008, 07:40 AM
When you goto the Wii system menu (Where you set the time and date etc..) in the top right of the screen it will say the version (3.1E) etc...

GEMINI
16th December 2008, 08:42 AM
cheers
i will check it tonight

Emohawk
16th December 2008, 08:59 AM
The only reason you need to know is if you have updated the firmware to 3.4e if you have then loading the patch is different a little bit. and you need to downgrade back to 3.3E or lower.

But if your Wii is not on the net this this will not be an issue.