PDA

View Full Version : Help my 1066in1 HDD is corrupted

con
12th December 2008, 11:23 AM
Hey Folks,

As the title says my hdd is corrupted. I plugged it into my computer
and windows tries to run chkdsk but states file structure is corrupted.
It actually asked me if i wanted to format it... The boot sector might
be stuffed?

Anyway can anyone suggest any freeware programs that might hopefully solve my problem?

Now i know why people suggest backing up the hdd... doh

If it is truly rooted does anyone have a backup image ?

thanking you for assistance

GameDude
12th December 2008, 02:29 PM
You can use an image from anyone thats close to you... If your HDD is stuffed however there is no point in an image.
Best bet is to test the HDD first using the manufacturers test utility.

I can provide the image if you pay postage both ways or I can sell you another HDD with the image on it....

Davefjedi
12th December 2008, 02:33 PM
Con is it the redbox or the blue one?

con
15th December 2008, 11:38 AM
blue one

hersonl
15th January 2009, 11:31 AM
It is corrupted because there is no script for windows to shutdown gracefully.

You can easily hack these multis to include a shutdown script.

GameDude
15th January 2009, 01:14 PM
It is corrupted because there is no script to park the HD heads when shutting down.

You can easily hack these multis to include a shutdown script.

WTF??? You dont need scripts to park HDD heads anymore, that was back in the day of the dinosaur HDD's that were the size of bricks!..
HDD's nowadays all "park" the head automatically as soon as power is cut and before the spindle stops....
If by "park" you mean stop the OS loosing buffered writes that have not been written to disk you dont need to worry about that on multigame PCB's as its all reading except for the swap file and maybe hi-score saves if you have hacked it to work....

jaspar
15th January 2009, 01:52 PM
If you send me the hard disk for the 1068 in 1, i can get you an image.

hersonl
15th January 2009, 04:26 PM
WTF??? You dont need scripts to park HDD heads anymore, that was back in the day of the dinosaur HDD's that were the size of bricks!..
HDD's nowadays all "park" the head automatically as soon as power is cut and before the spindle stops....
If by "park" you mean stop the OS loosing buffered writes that have not been written to disk you dont need to worry about that on multigame PCB's as its all reading except for the swap file and maybe hi-score saves if you have hacked it to work....

Yes, I am aware of this. I meant a proper shutdown script so windows don't become corrupted. Not parking HD heads. Was thinking about another issue when I posted this.

Anyway I PM you about a certain cabinet. Interested in the prices if you want my business.