PDA

View Full Version : 60 in one dramas

laurie5145
7th December 2008, 10:10 AM
G`day

60 in one having isues, I can change the volume in the settings but the actual volume doesn`t change, When I do a button test all the buttons work fine but during game play the joystick is stuck on up, left and right works fine. Must be something in the board, anyone have any ideas, I did discharge a monitor with the game still plugged in, something I don`t usualy do, could this have some how fried something. Maybe be a good cheap game for some-one who just likes to play Galaga or one of those two way joystick games.:unsure

cheers Laurie

rod71
7th December 2008, 10:28 AM
Tried the board in another cab?

AskJacob
7th December 2008, 10:35 AM
Had a similar problem in my cab - P1 joystick was registered UP always on.

Lifted the CP and found one of the tabs on the microswitches had been knocked into touching the centre tab.

As for the volume, I can't help there as I don't have a 60 in 1...

Oh, and don't forget to measure your 5v, as all kinds of weird stuff can happen if it is low..

Cheers
Jacob

spacies
7th December 2008, 10:49 AM
Sounds odd.

Do you have the wires on the joy on correct. It is pretty easy to put the earth and signal wires around the wrong way. I have done it heaps :lol

Is the volume pot on the board turned up?

narf_
7th December 2008, 11:18 AM
had this problem once. a tiny single strand of wire came off the terminal (soldered) and was bridging the switch

took me ages to sort it as it was so tiny

laurie5145
7th December 2008, 01:22 PM
I did the I/O test on the game via the test switch and all connections are fine. I have 5.2 volts at game but still no luck. I can change the volume bar down to zero and it is still just as loud. I started digdug and the little fella went straight to top of screen, but as I said all conections regester fine on test, for sale cheap, I`m going windsurfing!!!!

AskJacob
7th December 2008, 01:39 PM
bloody weird. Give the board a good going over with a clean paintbrush or compressed air - perhaps a bit of wire or solder has ended up on it somewhere?

Cheers
Jacob

GameDude
11th December 2008, 12:35 AM
Your problem is because you have 3 pole switches and you have fitted one wire to the always closed tab instead of the always open tab.
Have a look at most microswitches they will have the circuit diagram on the side.
the test mode on the 48in1 will register the switch ok because when you move the joystick you are actually opening and closing the switch but you will probably notice the switch test shows the up in red to start instead of blue...

The master volume is controlled by a tiny volume pot on the PCB near the audio jack use that to alter you audio level.
The in game audio level is not great and has to be saved, if anything goes wrong with the save it resets.

Also 5.2volts is a little high for this PCB and faults are know to occur that high, lower to 5.05volts max (measure on the PCB side of the connector and NOT the connector itself)

Hope that helps... :)

AdamC
18th December 2008, 09:59 AM
Your problem is because you have 3 pole switches and you have fitted one wire to the always closed tab instead of the always open tab.
Have a look at most microswitches they will have the circuit diagram on the side.
the test mode on the 48in1 will register the switch ok because when you move the joystick you are actually opening and closing the switch but you will probably notice the switch test shows the up in red to start instead of blue...

The master volume is controlled by a tiny volume pot on the PCB near the audio jack use that to alter you audio level.
The in game audio level is not great and has to be saved, if anything goes wrong with the save it resets.

Also 5.2volts is a little high for this PCB and faults are know to occur that high, lower to 5.05volts max (measure on the PCB side of the connector and NOT the connector itself)

Hope that helps... :)

I was about to start a thread about the volume on my 48 .. same prob - i turn the volume down in the setup menu , but the games volume is still blaring.

I guess this is what you are talking about ?? (yellow thing)

I dont want to touch it untill i see a reply here ... LOL

spacies
18th December 2008, 10:04 AM
Yep Adam, that is it.

**edit** did you save the settings by pressing player 1 start button before you turned the machine off?

AdamC
18th December 2008, 10:14 AM
Yep Adam, that is it.

**edit** did you save the settings by pressing player 1 start button before you turned the machine off?

Thanks Spacies. :)

Ohh - i dont know if i did .. i'll give it another go

spacies
18th December 2008, 10:24 AM
:D
Whenever you make changes to the menu you must press player 1 start to save the changes.

Hope it works for you.

AdamC
18th December 2008, 10:44 AM
Yep , its a lot better now.
I was changing the volume setting earlier, but i wasnt locking the new setting in.

Thanks again Spacies.

spacies
18th December 2008, 10:50 AM
Yep , its a lot better now.
I was changing the volume setting earlier, but i wasnt locking the new setting in.

Thanks again Spacies.

You are welcome bro.