PDA

View Full Version : Control panel

madturbo123
16th July 2006, 09:12 PM
I'm after a place where i can get material (custom prints) for control panel i dont even know what these material are called, its the adhesive type and seem pretty thick. Will local print shop have this material?

frs
17th July 2006, 02:44 PM
mate, the material you're probably thinking of is mylar

don't know if printing shops have it though

OzStick
17th July 2006, 04:24 PM
Hi mad,

Just phone a couple of them and ask if they have a clear, textured vinyl that they can reverse print onto the rear of. Once printed they they would laminate a double sided adhesive film on the back.

In effect, this gives you a big sticker to overlay your panel with and the printing is on the back so it will never wear.

Make sure it is TEXTURED though, otherwise your hands will become sweaty very quickly and the surface will be slippery and uncomfortable.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris

uprising
17th July 2006, 08:36 PM
This thread has answered my questions :lol

madturbo123
17th July 2006, 09:25 PM
Cheers chris... ill do some shopping tomorrow

Hi mad,

Just phone a couple of them and ask if they have a clear, textured vinyl that they can reverse print onto the rear of. Once printed they they would laminate a double sided adhesive film on the back.

In effect, this gives you a big sticker to overlay your panel with and the printing is on the back so it will never wear.

Make sure it is TEXTURED though, otherwise your hands will become sweaty very quickly and the surface will be slippery and uncomfortable.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris