PDA

View Full Version : Ipac

madturbo123
16th July 2006, 08:35 PM
I'm planning on setting up a 4 player cab. Prob is i already have a ipac2 and i've heard that you can daisy chain the keywiz, is this the same with the ipac2 if you have 2? I was even considering leaving this cab's jamma harness and see if i can daisy chain a jpac/ipac2. Anyone with any info pics on daisy chaining the ipacs please post it here. Thanks guys

Smit
16th July 2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Mad,
They actually make a 4 player version... the IPAC4. It has double the inputs, twice as big, but works the same.
I would recommend it (due to owning an IPAC2 and it works brilliantly).
I also have an IPAC4 in my current project, but just have a few problems with games freezing/ restarting when playing 4 player. I assume this is due to my key maps or a software issue. I doubt very much it is the IPAC.

Hope it helped.
Smit

PS: Got my IPAC4 from Ozstick.. he's on these forums a bit. Ask him abou it maybe.

madturbo123
16th July 2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah thing is i currently own a spare ipac2 i bought from chris at ozsticks and only just got a cab which i just decided to go four player. And wondering will i need to buy a whole new ipac4 or can i just daisy chain another ipac2...

Hi Mad,
They actually make a 4 player version... the IPAC4. It has double the inputs, twice as big, but works the same.
I would recommend it (due to owning an IPAC2 and it works brilliantly).
I also have an IPAC4 in my current project, but just have a few problems with games freezing/ restarting when playing 4 player. I assume this is due to my key maps or a software issue. I doubt very much it is the IPAC.

Hope it helped.
Smit

PS: Got my IPAC4 from Ozstick.. he's on these forums a bit. Ask him abou it maybe.

Davefjedi
17th July 2006, 08:07 AM
you should be able to daisy chain them just reassighn the heys for the 3rd and 4th player on the 2nd ipac
but as stated b4 send chris a pm he will confirm 100%

madturbo123
17th July 2006, 01:21 PM
chris sent me here :P

you should be able to daisy chain them just reassighn the heys for the 3rd and 4th player on the 2nd ipac
but as stated b4 send chris a pm he will confirm 100%

Davefjedi
17th July 2006, 01:40 PM
Ok so my edumacated guess would be yes you should beable to daisy chain them if i was going to do it i would plug in the player3/4 one first reprogram it to use the relevant keys then plug in the player 1/2 and it should be all good in theory anyway;) well whats the worst that can happen :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

Viper
17th July 2006, 06:42 PM
You can daisy chain as many Ultimarc devices as you like. As the keyboard passthrough is always active it isn't a problem. With the Keywiz the keyboard passthrough is switched so I don't know about those. I've personally daisy chained a J-Pac and Mini-Pac and confirmed with Andy at Ultimarc it is possible to daisy chain them all for as many inputs as you need.

madturbo123
19th July 2006, 09:47 PM
You can daisy chain as many Ultimarc devices as you like. As the keyboard passthrough is always active it isn't a problem. With the Keywiz the keyboard passthrough is switched so I don't know about those. I've personally daisy chained a J-Pac and Mini-Pac and confirmed with Andy at Ultimarc it is possible to daisy chain them all for as many inputs as you need.

by daisy chain does this mean just plugging in ps2 from one ipac to another??? and sw1-8 to buttons????

Viper
19th July 2006, 11:04 PM
by daisy chain does this mean just plugging in ps2 from one ipac to another??? and sw1-8 to buttons????
Yep, you plug the first device into the PC, then plug the second one into the keyboard passthrough of the first and then your keyboard into the passthrough on the second. Use one of them with the default MAME setup (player 1 & 2 sticks with up to 8 buttons each plus start and coin buttons) and program the second for players 3 & 4. It has to be programmed seperately though before daisy chaining I believe.

madturbo123
21st July 2006, 06:26 PM
Thats quite simple then... Too easy i'll give it ago when i'm backing in brisbane... at gove atm bit far to test it out :P

Yep, you plug the first device into the PC, then plug the second one into the keyboard passthrough of the first and then your keyboard into the passthrough on the second. Use one of them with the default MAME setup (player 1 & 2 sticks with up to 8 buttons each plus start and coin buttons) and program the second for players 3 & 4. It has to be programmed seperately though before daisy chaining I believe.

OzStick
22nd July 2006, 10:51 AM
chris sent me here :P

I must've been having a bad day if I couldn't answer that one for you! :rolleyes

As others have said, you reprogram a second I-PAC2 with the desired P3 and P4 inputs, then daisychain it through the first I-PAC2 by connecting it into the PS/2 socket labelled KBD.

The other way is to connect one to PS/2 and the other to USB, but one of them still needs to be reprogrammed.

Same goes if you want to use a J-PAC and an I-PAC2.

Cheers,
Chris