PDA

View Full Version : 100 in 1 Neo Cartridge

maxpower
3rd December 2008, 07:49 AM
Just got a 100 in 1 Neo Cartridge and they are great. Only $66us Plays great, loads fast & has great games.

narf_
3rd December 2008, 08:31 AM
got a game list mate

curious if its 99 versions of KOF and 1 of metal slug 6 :confused:

maxpower
3rd December 2008, 08:34 AM
got a game list mate

curious if its 99 versions of KOF and 1 of metal slug 6 :confused:

LOL I'll post it when I get to work. It has alot of kof but metal slut X, 1945, aero fighters 2 & 3 etc.

maxpower
3rd December 2008, 08:59 AM
Game list.

KOF 2002 SUPER
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS PLUS
STRIKERS 1945 PLUS
KOF 05 UNIQUE II
KOF 97 PLUS
KING OF GLADIATOR
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG 6 PLUS
KOF 2002 MAGIC PLUS II
BOMBER MAN
ULTIMATE 11
ZUPAPA!
DOUBLE DRAGON PLUS
AERO FIGHTERS 2
STREET HOOP
PUZZLE BOBBLE
KOF 2002
KOF 2004 SPECIAL EDITION PLUS
KOF 10TH
KOF 2001
CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON SUPER PLUS
METAL SLUG X
MARK OF THE WOLVES
PREHISTORIC ISLE 2
KOF 2002 MAGIC PLUS
KOF 2004 SPECIAL EDITION
KOF 10TH EXTRA PLUS
KOF 2001 PLUS
CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON
NIGHTMARE IN THE DARK
BASEBALL STARS 2
ALPHA MISSION II
RAGE OF DRAGONS
METAL SLUG 4 PLUS
SAMURAI SHODOWN IV
SENGOKU 3
NEO DRIFTOUT
SPIN MASTER
NEO TURF MASTERS
3 COUNT BOUT
RAGE OF DRAGONS PLUS
NEOGEO CUP 98
BURNING FIGHT
KARNODV'S REVENGE
LAST RESORT
NEO MR,DO!
ROBO ARMY
PUZZLE DE PON!
SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
MATRIMELEE
KOF 98
KOF 99
THE LAST BLADE 2
LANSQUENET 2004
SHOCK TROOPERS 2
METAL SLUG
BLAZING STAR
DOUBLE DRAGON
METAL SLUG 2
METAL SLUG6
KOF 97
KOF 97-2003 PLUS
KOF 97 10TH CN PLUS
NINJA COMMANDO
AERO FIGHTERS 3 / SONIC WINGS 3
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
THRASH RALLY
ART OF FIGHTING 2
ANDRO DUNOS
CAPTAIN TOMADAY
ZED BLADE
BANG BEAD
SUPER SIDEKICKS 2
KOF 05 UNIQUE
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC REMIX ULTRA
OVER TOP
PULSTAR
TOP HUNTER
MAGICAL DROP II
FAR EAST OF EDEN / KABUKI KLASH
KOF 94
KOF 95
KOF 96
GANRYU
EIGHT MAN
MUTATION NATION
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
PANIC BOMBER
KOF 2002 SUPER II
MARK OF THE WOLVES PLUS
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2 PLUS
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3 PLUS
MATRIMELEE PLUS
SPIN MASTER PLUS
KOF 99 PLUS
METAL SLUG 4
KOF 2002 CN
KOF 2002 OROCHI
KOF 98 OROCHI

Brad
3rd December 2008, 10:05 AM
Where did you get it from. Sounds like a real easy way for me to pimp my Single Slot unit!

Eeeeeeek, no league bowling

Brad

maxpower
3rd December 2008, 10:17 AM
Where did you get it from. Sounds like a real easy way for me to pimp my Single Slot unit!

Brad

Using it in my single slot to. Got from Sales@welink.cc in China. Email Jacky for a price list. There delivery is cheap to. At $66us you can't go wrong.

Max

Brad
3rd December 2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for that! I wonder how hard it would be for someone with an eeprom reader thingamajig to edit the contents of these carts? :unsure

Brad

con
3rd December 2008, 10:53 AM
geez why can they have bootleg free games? how many versions of KOF can u have?

Brad
3rd December 2008, 10:55 AM
I agree which is why I asked the question. I'd much prefer to swap out some of the KOF games etc for non-fighters.

Cheers,
Brad

Foot
3rd December 2008, 11:42 AM
Only 26 KOF games lol

Is the menu system easy to navigate?

maxpower
3rd December 2008, 11:58 AM
Only 26 KOF games lol

Is the menu system easy to navigate?

Yeah you turn it on loads in 3 secs. Use the up / down on the joystick hit button games does neo music and screen then play. The only thing is you have to turn the machine off to go back to the menu. I can't find any other way to do it.

Max

spacies
3rd December 2008, 12:01 PM
Have you tried holding down p1 and p2 start buttons to exit?
Hold them for a few seconds.

maxpower
3rd December 2008, 12:14 PM
Have you tried holding down p1 and p2 start buttons to exit?
Hold them for a few seconds.

Dude what can I say. You rock. I tried holding buttons etc but that worked. Hold them for about 5 secs and back to the menu.
Thanks.

Max

spacies
3rd December 2008, 12:17 PM
Cool!

Glad to help.

Brad
3rd December 2008, 12:20 PM
Hmm, thats the default Mamewah config for menu navigation........

spacies
3rd December 2008, 12:35 PM
Its the default for many frontends.

Obviously this is a MAME derivitive. There was never any doubt was there?

Brad
3rd December 2008, 12:43 PM
LOL not really ;) Just means in theory it should be easy to customise IF you have the rom reader/writer.

Brad

neo-mvs-man
8th December 2008, 09:15 PM
One thing i didn't like about my 38-in-1 is it didn't save hight scores, and wiped the highscore memory of the last carts played:evil, is this any different?

There are a couple on e-bay at the moment
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/100-in-1-Neo-Geo-Cartridge-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ150313671740QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_15?hash=item150313671740&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/100-in-1-Neo-Geo-Cartridge-New_W0QQitemZ130273860342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_15?hash=item130273860342&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Although a bit more pricey than yours.
I hope it works out.

narf_
21st December 2008, 05:49 PM
just ordered one today

$54 US atm plus post. time to give the neo cab a good workout now

Foot
21st December 2008, 06:11 PM
just ordered one today

$54 US atm plus post. time to give the neo cab a good workout now

So to order do you email them? and how can you pay? and what was the postage worth? :unsure

Always with the questions.....:D

maxpower
21st December 2008, 06:24 PM
So to order do you email them? and how can you pay? and what was the postage worth? :unsure

Always with the questions.....:D

Depends who you get them off. I got 2 more the other day. I use paypal. Take the cheap delivery because they tried to get me to pay more but I said I'm in no hurry and still got them in 3 days. 2 carts cost me $198 that includes the $30 postage & the 3% paypal fee. Sold 1 on ebay for $250 so it's all good.

Max

narf_
21st December 2008, 06:29 PM
i got mine of welink

i ordered 100in1 cart and a 60in1. all up was 234 AU. can always make my coinage back on ebay if i need to. I sold 3 cabs recently so had some $$ to spend.

i didnt know there was a cheaper freight i just paid what the quoted 29US.

still cheap really remember old 48s used to be 3-600 a while ago

dmworking247
21st December 2008, 07:15 PM
If someone else wants to go in for one of these I'm interested, but I'd first like to know:

How well do the games play, are there any sound/glitchy behaviour like the xx-in-1 boards?
Do highscores save???
I saw games on that list that I assumed were vertical. Are these all horizontal bootlegs? Eg: Mr Do, Bomberman.
Can they be reprogrammed (other Neo roms put on it)

If there are favourable answers to all/most of those questions, I'd definately be in for one, as it'd allow me to do the Neo Geo conversion I was considering for my wide body low boy cab.

maxpower
21st December 2008, 07:52 PM
If someone else wants to go in for one of these I'm interested, but I'd first like to know:

How well do the games play, are there any sound/glitchy behaviour like the xx-in-1 boards?
Do highscores save???
I saw games on that list that I assumed were vertical. Are these all horizontal bootlegs? Eg: Mr Do, Bomberman.
Can they be reprogrammed (other Neo roms put on it)

If there are favourable answers to all/most of those questions, I'd definately be in for one, as it'd allow me to do the Neo Geo conversion I was considering for my wide body low boy cab.

I haven't found a fault yet with game play. Highscores don't save but I don't know much about neo stuff. Maybe some have a battery on the motherboard then they may. All horizontal. I don't know if you can burn the chip or not & i'd think you can't add games. For $54us it's worth it. The 48 in 1 jamma boards are crap compared to this, so if you put up with them then you'll love these.

dmworking247
21st December 2008, 07:56 PM
Hmm for $54 US it sounds worth a punt, but mind you I still need a Single Slot board first :)

Anyone else thinking of these (particularly in NSW) to combine postage?

What are the contact details where they can be bought for US$54 at the moment?

AskJacob
21st December 2008, 08:13 PM
yeah I'm in DM, though I still need to get a working mobo too :D

Cheers
JAcob

stu
21st December 2008, 08:40 PM
No Magical Drop III??? Not worth the PCB it's printed on!!!

Seriously though, not a bad buy at all if your a player and don't give a rats about original carts. Wish they would bring a cart out with all Neo games on it and no hacks, just original roms. Even 2 or 3 for the whole set if they can't fit them all onto 1 cart. And they need to fix the high scores saving to.

narf_
29th December 2008, 03:05 PM
got mine today

very impressed. loads instantly to the menu and then you choose your game with the player 1 button 1. Game then boots just like a regular neo cart does. Coins are added once game is loaded not during menu

played a few games and impressed. ive already got a few of the games on the list but alot i didnt so happy to forkout the price just to have them all on 1 cart

also settings are for every idividual game once you load them too

narf_
29th December 2008, 05:52 PM
just a quick video

sorry about the quality (im a crap camera man and my digital camera doesnt have sound) but shows the menu setup and how it boots

and yeah the top right corner is svideo logo (tv setup in the cab) not the cart

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fRiP1ozyEuE

Foot
29th December 2008, 08:06 PM
Looks cool Narf. I noticed you whacked a coin in, can it be set for free play?

maxpower
29th December 2008, 08:10 PM
Looks cool Narf. I noticed you whacked a coin in, can it be set for free play?

Yep it's on the board. Dip switch 7 I think.

narf_
29th December 2008, 08:18 PM
yeah same as max said

just set the motherboard to freeplay. im into the coin box "ting" sound atm

dmworking247
29th December 2008, 08:50 PM
Mate that looks like shit.... I think you should send it to me so I can put it out of its misery.

:evil

Seriously, I want want of these. Anyone else other than AJ want to 'bulk order' some?

Oh btw can you remove the clones/bootlegs from the menu?

narf_
29th December 2008, 09:01 PM
nah mate cant access the menu but who cares

its da shiz. stuff my mame rig after this baby

narf_
6th January 2009, 11:31 PM
ok lots of roadtesting has revealed

no current sound problems
some games do get slowdown (strikers 1945,sonic wings) but i suspect this is due to the heavy action going on in the game
freeplay works a breeze

and i need to put the mobo in the 4 button cabinet to make full use of its uber coolness

gets my thumbs up. only gripe ive had is the mrs wants her cupboard space as my carts are now in storage as most of them are on this already

Foot
7th January 2009, 08:49 AM
Seriously, I want want of these. Anyone else other than AJ want to 'bulk order' some?

I wouldn't mind one

Brad
7th January 2009, 09:00 AM
I want one too!

Brad

Davefjedi
7th January 2009, 09:26 AM
me 3

dmworking247
7th January 2009, 10:43 AM
Sheesh, interest has spiked since Narfs review :)

If we consolidated the international order, is interstate shipping going to save us money?

I'd estimate interstate postage of the carts around $7 to $9.

Mr_Staypuft
7th January 2009, 10:55 AM
ok lots of roadtesting has revealed

no current sound problems
some games do get slowdown (strikers 1945,sonic wings) but i suspect this is due to the heavy action going on in the game
freeplay works a breeze

Strikers 1945 is famous for it's slowdown, so there's a fair chance it's the same as the original.

If you try it on MAME, you can compare it with your 100in1.

Arcade King
7th January 2009, 11:15 AM
Strikers 1945 is famous for it's slowdown, so there's a fair chance it's the same as the original.

If you try it on MAME, you can compare it with your 100in1.

id be more incline to test them beside a original cart. You are 100% correct though, quite a few neo games suffer slowdowns so id say its normal.

candyflip
7th January 2009, 11:22 AM
Put me down for 2, too please... :)

Wayyy too much KOF on there (surely three or four original versions is enough for anyone?!?!?) - but hey, maybe someone can work a hack on it in the next little while and we can Deep 6 those?

jon

AskJacob
7th January 2009, 11:54 AM
Put me down for 2, too please... :)

Wayyy too much KOF on there (surely three or four original versions is enough for anyone?!?!?) - but hey, maybe someone can work a hack on it in the next little while and we can Deep 6 those?

jon

A lot of those KOF games have shared resources, so that is why they are there (e.g. a tiny bit more space only needed for each version).

Even if you figure out how to hack it, I reckon there wouldn't be a lot of extra space to replace games...

But I'd try it too of possible, as I am not a fan of fighters :lol... I have mates who'd like it though

Cheers

candyflip
7th January 2009, 12:28 PM
A lot of those KOF games have shared resources, so that is why they are there (e.g. a tiny bit more space only needed for each version).

Even if you figure out how to hack it, I reckon there wouldn't be a lot of extra space to replace games...

But I'd try it too of possible, as I am not a fan of fighters :lol... I have mates who'd like it though

Cheers

ahh, interesting, thanks for the info.

I'm a fighter fan - but sheesh, even I have limits about how many versions of the one game I would sensibly need?!?!? :lol

stu
7th January 2009, 01:23 PM
If anyone does do a group order i'll be +1 as well :)

Can one of you guys check SVC CHAOS and see if the extra characters are all unlocked for play? Should be 3 rows across on each side and six characters down....athena and the demon from ghosts n golblins should be there?

Thanks

maxpower
7th January 2009, 02:46 PM
If anyone does do a group order i'll be +1 as well :)

Can one of you guys check SVC CHAOS and see if the extra characters are all unlocked for play? Should be 3 rows across on each side and six characters down....athena and the demon from ghosts n golblins should be there?

Thanks

It's cheaper to get 2 to 4 at a time because the postage gets to dear. I got 2 about a month ago and paid $20US. I took the cheaper postage and still got them in 2-3days.

dmworking247
7th January 2009, 02:47 PM
So, sorry if I missed it but where's the link/website for ordering these?

maxpower
7th January 2009, 03:21 PM
So, sorry if I missed it but where's the link/website for ordering these?

Email: Jacky@welink.cc for Welink Trading Company. Never had a problem with these guys. Or email: ECL@excellentcom.net for Excellent Com Limited. Never had a problem with them but they have very bad english. Like at a Chinese restaurant when you say this chicken is rubbery and they say thank you thank you and you say RUBBERY not lovely!:lol

dmworking247
7th January 2009, 03:50 PM
LOL @ Rubbery chicken.

Which vendor did you and Narf buy from then? Or are we talking the same purchase & shipping costs for both?

Mr_Staypuft
7th January 2009, 04:16 PM
id be more incline to test them beside a original cart.
You are 100% correct though, quite a few neo games suffer slowdowns so id say its normal.

I agree AK, but I'm assuming he doesn't have an original Strikers 1945 Plus cart.
(There can't be that many in Aus...?)

PS: Kazuya's Review of MVS cart (which mentions "slowdown") here (http://www.neogeoforlife.com/viewpage.php?page_id=134).

stu
7th January 2009, 05:12 PM
I'll grab one in the next few days and I'll put it side by side on my two Atomiswave cabs with an original cart if i still have both cabs by the time it arrives.

maxpower
7th January 2009, 05:42 PM
LOL @ Rubbery chicken.

Which vendor did you and Narf buy from then? Or are we talking the same purchase & shipping costs for both?

I got mine from Welink. They have 48 in 1 multi boards jamma for about $53us aswell. I haven't had 1945 slow down at all. Maybe i'm not getting as far in to it as Narf tho.

stu
7th January 2009, 05:55 PM
I can't see there being any difference in comparison to the authentic games....it would be just like the boot carts, same roms played on the same hardware.

narf_
7th January 2009, 06:11 PM

i will check tonite stu

there is 2 versions ive seen on there one does have a red demon guy the other game has the metal slug alien guy

both games kick arse IMO. will confirm tonite for everyone interested

dale i got mine from welink.

perhaps in the commercial section someone could perhaps make a AA order section and round up numbers get a quote on the entire lot to ship to one point. carts are light so could be sent individually via express or regular satchel bags

way i see it

1. get the order organised by a set date
2. request a quote. after total cost is given divide it by the number of carts to work out the cost of each to get to oz. add the postal cost around oz to this amount (satchels make this easier)
3. Have payments in by a set date
4. pay
5. items recieved in a few days of payment usually. test before shipping and send forth and multiply

by working the cost per cart i feel would make it fair

ie trav gets 2 carts at say $1 each posted to oz. so there for his cost is $2 plus shipping to his place. then if dale gets 1 cart he pays $1 plus cost

that way its even across the board. also the more we order the cheaper it would get

just a thought to consider thats all. so who is going to organise it

can also add 48's as they are now $50 US on special atm

:unsure

also one note compared the 48's all games have there manufacturer logo like a real cart on the boot screens

dmworking247
7th January 2009, 06:27 PM
Good idea. I'm not sure if I have the capital/time to put my hand up for being the coordinator but I'll consider it. If there was a bulk order whereby 48-in-1 are $50 and the 100-in-1 carts are roughly the same I'd get a 48 and 2x 100-in-1 carts.

Based on this thread I reckon we've got the numbers.

stu
7th January 2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks Narf, that tells me what i need to know anyways. Mars men is a standard character, just wanted to know if it had all the extras unlocked, and if the demon is there then it will be. :)

Roxbury
7th January 2009, 08:43 PM
I would be interested in getting a 100 in 1 as well if this goes ahead.

narf_
7th January 2009, 11:55 PM
Good idea. I'm not sure if I have the capital/time to put my hand up for being the coordinator but I'll consider it. If there was a bulk order whereby 48-in-1 are $50 and the 100-in-1 carts are roughly the same I'd get a 48 and 2x 100-in-1 carts.

Based on this thread I reckon we've got the numbers.

we should get the prices down due to volume id say

even if carts are $100 shipped. thats $1 a game :)

stu
8th January 2009, 07:30 AM
Well take me off the list if you guys are doing an order, i ordered one today.

$49 for the cart $23 shipping. Couldn't wait :) Needed to have it now.

narf_
8th January 2009, 08:13 AM
nice mate

can confirm for sure that the 2 players you talked about are in svc vs chaos plus. the other version remix they aint

stu
8th January 2009, 10:05 AM
All good Narf, cheers :)

Kind of keen to crack it open and see what's inside.

DevoDave
8th January 2009, 03:34 PM
I'm interested. I'd take a 100-in-1 as well.

dmworking247
8th January 2009, 04:02 PM
See post 75 for names who've signed up.

Crafty
8th January 2009, 04:29 PM
I'll put my hand up now that I have a single slot Neo board depending on the price. :)

Davefjedi
8th January 2009, 04:44 PM
Someone "Make it so" as Cpt Picard says:)

morrieman
8th January 2009, 06:39 PM
Put me down for 2 :D

dmworking247
9th January 2009, 04:00 PM
Ok guys "Jacky" has got back to me regarding prices.

Current quote is US$49 per cart (AU$72.10)
US$50 per 48-in-1 board. (AU$73.50)

Postage (to NSW) of the combined shipment is US$68 (AU$100), based on a quote of 8 cartridges. Since we're already at Qty 13, I think its safe to assume postage will be closer to US$90 (AU$132.45) give or take. Obviously we need to add domestic interstate postage to that to get it to your homes, so if we can consolidate interstate postage for certain members that'd help.

* $AU is based on current exchange rate

For dividing postage costs, I propose each extra unit counts as 0.5 of a unit, thus the current 13 units (3 people buying 2 each) would mean the $132.450 (approx) is divided by 11.5 (10 people, 11.5 'units') so postage would be AU$11.50 each.

There's also a 3.8% paypal fee to the vendor. :(

So, in a nutshell, my estimate for a 'landed' cartridge at your door is $AU93.50. (Assumes approx $6.40 for domestic postage which might be a little under).

Crafty
9th January 2009, 04:08 PM
Under $100 to my door.

I'm in where do I pay...:D

Roxbury
9th January 2009, 05:00 PM
Yep I'm in at that sort of price for 1 x 100 in 1 Neo cart

Brad
9th January 2009, 06:03 PM
I'm in too!

Brad

DevoDave
9th January 2009, 06:09 PM
I'm in!

con
12th January 2009, 09:13 AM
I would also like to purchase one if it ain't to late

candyflip
12th January 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm OUT thanks - will get my own in and save you the hassle. I'm already in contact with Jacky.

thanks for organising though and good luck with them. :)

Davefjedi
12th January 2009, 10:18 AM
I am in where do I sighn on the dotted line ??

dmworking247
12th January 2009, 10:21 AM
Alright guys, if we're going to go ahead with this I better get moving or I'll never start (lately I'm starting to overcommit myself again and I'm going to end up burning out again!)

I didn't notice originally that Jacky @ Welink said that payment via paypal will add 3.8%, so that makes them $93.50.

I'm going to send off an order to Jacky next Monday. Please PM me for bank details, or email address if you want to use paypal (though I'll have to ask for $2.50 more if using paypal).

I will place an order on Monday for those who I have have confirmed payment from this week.

How does that sound?

Names who've signed up:
I flicked through the thread, it looks like an order for:

100-in-1 Catridges:
dmworking247 (Qty 2)
askjacob
foot
brad
davefjedi
roxbury
devodave
crafty
con

Total Qty: 10

Did I miss anyone?

RaMpAgE
12th January 2009, 10:32 AM
am I too late to be added to the list?

if not I'd like to jump on in the wagon :)

dmworking247
12th January 2009, 10:38 AM
Not too late for anybody, providing contact/payment is made this week. Hence why I've given a date.

I should state though that I'm doing this as a favour (obviously) to all the guys on the forum since so many people help me out... I'm a lazy SOB and I *hate* going to the post office, but I owe it to you'all and besides I want one too :)

Having said that I should put some disclaimers/caveats down:
Only existing members (nobody who's joined in 2009), and as 'scary' as it sounds, I cant take responsibility for postage dramas etc, I'm simply the middleman to place the order, combine the shipping and post what I recieve on to you.

Also I dont actually have a Neo board yet (!!!!) so I can't test them prior to on-shipping.

AskJacob
12th January 2009, 10:55 AM
so that makes them $93.50.

Does that include sending them on within Oz? If not, make sure you add that as I don't want you to short change yourself! (or double the money transfers needed)

Should be fine in a pre-paid satchel...

Cheers
Jacob

dmworking247
12th January 2009, 11:01 AM
It includes an assumed $6.40 for domestic postage (and hoping the f*(&@# exchange rate doesn't drop between when you guys pay and when I pay the vendor).

There's every likelyhood I'll take a loss, but we'll see... :)

The math was up in post #67.

DevoDave
13th January 2009, 09:29 AM
Payment made via PayPal. $96.

ostybeef
13th January 2009, 10:32 AM
is there any chance of adding one more to the list or is it too late for me?

i can see the the forum and ebay having a lot of 100 in ones coming up for sale soon :)

dmworking247
13th January 2009, 04:16 PM
Not too late. I'll take names till the end of the week... I just hope dollar fluctuations or extra quantity doesn't mess with our pricing too much, or I'll take a real hit!

Ostybeef: Send me a PM. Consider taking a $ amount off of the $96 for the stuff we were discussing trading?

ostybeef
13th January 2009, 07:07 PM
put me down for one then!

Davefjedi
13th January 2009, 07:11 PM
DM just let me know I deposited100.00 but cando a bit more if you get shafted

RaMpAgE
13th January 2009, 07:44 PM
:confused:is there an echo in here?

dmworking247
15th January 2009, 10:46 AM
Hi guys,

Due to the changes on the forum I've had to be cleaning up my inbox a lot, so I'm still trying to get all of the payments & PMs aligned.

If you've already paid (prior to today)and your name isn't on this list, could you please PM me with a reminder on what method you paid with and I'll search again:

Paid:
dmworking247 (x2)
ostybeef (x2)
Roxbury
Davefjedi
Crafty
scratcha

AskJacob
Brad
Rampage
DevoDave
Foot (cart+1)
DrUdESs
garuda

dmworking247
16th January 2009, 11:41 AM
Todays the last day I'll be taking orders, as I'm going to get a final invoice on Monday and send payment. Paypal is preferred today because I can see it instantly.

Please note due to the dollar slipping through the week that payment today via paypal will be $100 instead of $96.

If there's anyone else who's paid but your name isn't on the list, please contact me immediately.

drudess
16th January 2009, 02:20 PM
I can paypal str8 away just let me know

DrUdESs

narf_
19th January 2009, 10:30 PM
dm they are 44US at excellentnet now

works out before shipping 66 a cart :unsure

dmworking247
19th January 2009, 10:34 PM
Ooer, I just submitted my request to welink today for a final invoice... I was pushing for US$47 due to the larger order.

There are two people getting 48-in-1s though, do excellentnet selll those too?

If y'all don't mind waiting I'll get a quote from them too.

narf_
19th January 2009, 11:06 PM
email sent mate regarding them

XiTaU
20th January 2009, 02:27 PM
yeah $44US then probably about $6US shipping
so $50US a cart and then +4% for paypal $52
then aussie exchange through paypal will be something like 64c so
so it will be like $82AUD probably each then shipping across the country so you would be looking at least $90 shipped
i would say at minimum still but good price as a rough estimate.

would save you a few bob and excellentcom do 48in1's and i would recommend them over welink
have used both and excellentcom can usually pip them on price and speed cant be beaten just my 2c.

dmworking247
20th January 2009, 02:34 PM
I haggled with welink and they're doing some price matching between the carts & postage etc.

I priced the AU$ in this thread based on the dollar at the time being about 69c US, but its currently 64c when I have to pay, so unfortunately any saving on the cart is absorbed in the exchange rate (still, saves me from being too out of pocket).

I'll let you all know how it worked out relative to the quoted price when its all done (ie incl the local postage).

narf_
21st January 2009, 11:58 PM
another heads up

excellentnet are now out of stock

jaspar
22nd January 2009, 12:36 AM
You may find it a bit diffcult with getting stock as most if not all the chinese factories have closed down for Chinese New Year.

Also guys watch out for customs charges if this order gets to big.

narf_
22nd January 2009, 12:50 AM
that could be it

i had 2 on order and got them to hold them as they were the last 2

spacies
22nd January 2009, 07:10 AM
another heads up

excellentnet are now out of stock

Maybe I got the last one! Mine shipped yesterday.

dmworking247
22nd January 2009, 08:03 AM
When I enquired about a quote from excellentnet, they said they had 5 left. Then they said [narfs real name] just bought 2, so there were 3 left. I'm not suprised they're out of stock now but they said they'd get some more after Feb 1st.

On the other hand welink made no mention of being low on stock.

Thats a good point re customs charges jaspar, the order was placed with 16 carts, what do you reckon I'm up for?

narf_
22nd January 2009, 08:19 AM
cool

i paid for mine last nite. i got a email about them saying they were all gone and they had put 2 aside and asking was i still going to purchase as someone else wanted them

Foot
22nd January 2009, 09:07 AM
Interesting point about the customs charges, if they are too high any saving on postage will be lost.

My best guess based on this info (http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/ImportingGoodsByPostFAQ.pdf)

Duty is payable on all items vaued over $1000AU (from the sellers invoice)
So if you bought 16 items at $50 US at the .64 cents au thats about $1200AU.
Import duty on the $1200AU at 5% is $60
If postage is $150AU then the VoTI (value of Taxable importation) 1200+60+150=1410
GST is another $141

Total payable is $201 (duty+ GST)

So unless the invoiced value is under 1K AU then or the order is split we could be up for another couple of hundred and that would suck

Can someone who's done this before confirm this??

dmworking247
22nd January 2009, 09:12 AM
I think we'll be ok for some reason :) (I hope) We will see when it lands.

But definately a good point to keep your invoices under 1k.

kitty
22nd January 2009, 09:12 AM
Interesting point about the customs charges, if they are too high any saving on postage will be lost.

My best guess based on this info (http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/ImportingGoodsByPostFAQ.pdf)

Duty is payable on all items vaued over $1000AU (from the sellers invoice)
So if you bought 16 items at $50 US at the .64 cents au thats about $1200AU.
Import duty on the $1200AU at 5% is $60
If postage is $150AU then the VoTI (value of Taxable importation) 1200+60+150=1410
GST is another $141

Total payable is $201 (duty+ GST)

So unless the invoiced value is under 1K AU then or the order is split we could be up for another couple of hundred and that would suck

100% correct Foot :D

however you need to be careful if you're going to split it, you need to space it out, or have it delivered to different people. If you have several packages coming in from the same place, even over the space of a week or two, customs will know that you're trying to avoid paying the duty, and it will accumulate regardless.

happy to help with any customs related stuff :D

Foot
22nd January 2009, 09:19 AM
I think we'll be ok for some reason :) (I hope) We will see when it lands.

But definately a good point to keep your invoices under 1k.

Cool, sounds like you have it under control then DM :)

jaspar
22nd January 2009, 11:56 AM
Make sure it really is under 1k.

I have had them check invoices with my bank to confirm payment amounts too.

I have been slugged a few times by them.

dmworking247
22nd January 2009, 12:00 PM
Do they/can they cross check an invoice with a paypal payment too?

I'm glad this is a once off :)

kitty
22nd January 2009, 12:09 PM
Do they/can they cross check an invoice with a paypal payment too?

I'm glad this is a once off :)

pretty sure they can ... customs have a LOT of powers, you can imagine ppl out there have thought of every possible way to try and sneak things in, or not pay duty... customs are really clued on.

plus, dont forget that if you misdeclare or have to pay duty that you have under-declared, they hold your goods...... could be sitting in customs for a month.

candyflip
22nd January 2009, 12:53 PM

Kitty's the real expert here, but I can confirm if I have ever imported anything by post and the declaration says it's worth over AUS$1000 (or the converted equivalent form UK,USA,Yuan etc), its been stopped and I've had to pay duties..

Thankfully, I know the rules and always split packages..

kitty
22nd January 2009, 12:56 PM
Kitty's the real expert here

Awwww thanks candyflip :redface

i'm more than happy to help out with any enquiries bout customs, air/sea freight etc. :D

XiTaU
22nd January 2009, 01:05 PM
I just always keep it safe and never import over the limit i think i may have many years ago when it was $250 but it was only a few dollars and luckily got away with it. Best of luck with your order just hopefully they let it through without any bit inqurey.

Brad
22nd January 2009, 01:10 PM
Well if it gets caught, we all cough up, simple as that. I'll be damned if Dale is going to get lumped with extras :)

brad

kitty
22nd January 2009, 01:33 PM
I just always keep it safe and never import over the limit i think i may have many years ago when it was $250 but it was only a few dollars and luckily got away with it. Best of luck with your order just hopefully they let it through without any bit inqurey.

If you're importing something, and you're bringing in more that what could be considered a personal amount, there is a very high chance customs will pay more attention to it.

But i'm sure it'll be ok guys, customs are really good, as long as you do the right thing

best of luck :D

AskJacob
22nd January 2009, 01:33 PM
Well if it gets caught, we all cough up, simple as that. I'll be damned if Dale is going to get lumped with extras :)

brad

+1

dmworking247
22nd January 2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys, and if we have to share a jail term for some reason, make sure you bring a Nintendo DS or a PSP with some arcade games, yeah?

:lol

Brad
22nd January 2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys, and if we have to share a jail term for some reason, make sure you bring a Nintendo DS or a PSP with some arcade games, yeah?

:lol

And 10 cartons of cigarettes ;)

Brad

dmworking247
22nd January 2009, 01:53 PM
And 10 cartons of cigarettes ;)

Brad

And a chastity belt

Brad
22nd January 2009, 02:06 PM
And a chastity belt

I was going to suggest lube cause theres no escape LOL!

Brad

candyflip
22nd January 2009, 02:33 PM
yeah - get used to MAN fleshhhh!!

:run:

ostybeef
22nd January 2009, 05:04 PM
im sure people will chuck in the difference Dm but im not sure if "we" will be sharing the jail term with you ahaha
if the show OZ has taught me anything you need to find a "group" that you belong to otherwise your going to be made into some nazis man bitch and going to start snorting heroin and singing dressed as a girl in front of everyone........... or maybe not

drudess
23rd January 2009, 03:22 PM
good to see your all Alpha Males here :)

XiTaU
23rd January 2009, 04:21 PM
got some 100 in 1's yesterday and i can say they are as good as the real thing except kinda make me feel dirty :)

Am very pleased and would buy one again in a heart beat for the price.

drudess
23rd January 2009, 05:00 PM
I am really hanging out for some metal slug action on real neogeo .I would pick up the carts if i could find them for a reasonale price

DrU

XiTaU
23rd January 2009, 05:12 PM
i bought 1 and X and have always thought about getting 3 every time i play it i realise i would rather just play 1 or X so ive stuck with just the 2. Have the anthology for ps2 and psp which i use for the others and it does the job but now i have a 100 in 1 i can play 3 and 4 on the neo also, too bad they didnt include 5.

drudess
23rd January 2009, 06:37 PM
yeah it might be worth ripping open 100 in 1 cart and seeing how it's put together and possibly throw away like 20 of the kof games put in some of the left out games .I'd prefer just standard roms
.It would be a interesting project

dmworking247
23rd January 2009, 06:39 PM
yeah it might be worth ripping open 100 in 1 cart and seeing how it's put together and possibly throw away like 20 of the kof games put in some of the left out games .I'd prefer just standard roms
.It would be a interesting project

Heheh, let us know how that turns out. I too would like to get rid of the clones (over time I've come to appreciate that 'less is more' with games lists), but I wont be risking the fate of my 100-in-1 cart without proof its safe to change :)

drudess
23rd January 2009, 07:24 PM
yeah i wouldn't want to be killing the cart ... but dumping the roms shouldn't do bad things then start mooching about in the images :) even up load the images to the mame ppl :)

dmworking247
27th January 2009, 06:40 PM
Good news!

Massive package arrived today, at the same time (good for me) that my single slotter arrived (I would have been pretty bummed to have a cart without a board to plug it into :lol )

The bad news is I'm in the office for long hours tomorrow, but I'm hoping to be able to post them all out to y'all on Thursday.

narf_
27th January 2009, 07:13 PM
update

after chatting to dale and after alot of cursing and swearing we have discovered a sticker that mentions

to exit press P1 for 5 secs. not both :)

dmworking247
27th January 2009, 07:17 PM
Speaking of those stickers, I got an extra (seperate) envelope (bonus for a large order???) of instruction stickers. I'm happy to post them out but not sure how I can ensure their safety without using a much larger postpak so they don't have to be folded?

Edit: If I bubble wrap the cart, and loosely wrap the sticker around the bubblewrapped cart, and then put it in a bubble lined postpak, it should be ok... I just can't guarantee it will be totally crease proof. Any objections?

Foot
27th January 2009, 07:27 PM
None from me!

Looking forward to the parcel coming! :D

Crafty
27th January 2009, 07:28 PM
Speaking of those stickers, I got an extra (seperate) envelope (bonus for a large order???) of instruction stickers. I'm happy to post them out but not sure how I can ensure their safety without using a much larger postpak so they don't have to be folded?

Edit: If I bubble wrap the cart, and loosely wrap the sticker around the bubblewrapped cart, and then put it in a bubble lined postpak, it should be ok... I just can't guarantee it will be totally crease proof. Any objections?

No Objections here Dale....

Thanks for all your effort. :cheers:

ostybeef
27th January 2009, 07:48 PM
sounds great, cant wait

stu
28th January 2009, 10:36 AM
2 Boards full of surface mounted "Fujitsu MSP55LCLV100S" chips......Quite cleanly made as well. Not like some of the other boots/hacks that come out.

Maybe dumpable/hackable to remove some game titles from the menu, but re-burning.......

stu
28th January 2009, 11:04 AM
Update: After some play testing, the sound has some issues....in some games it clips the audio when some sounds get played. If you want to see a demo, goto KOF 2002 (any version) select Andy and then do a QCB + C...you'll see what i mean.

I noticed it clips on SVC Chaos a bit as well, the kit sounds that game makes are sort of high pitched....

Otherwise a damn fine cart to own with all the other games that are on it!

narf_
28th January 2009, 08:17 PM
never noticed

probably as i havent played half the games before

but as said good the for coinage

stu
28th January 2009, 10:41 PM
I've had a pretty extensive play of this thing now...The sound in general is not right in KOF 2002. I'm not sure what the go is there, it almost sounds like it's been resampled and they ****ed it up in the process....It's almost like the game is a little sped up as well....i can't really confirm this, i tried switching the original in and out to compare, but i just can't work out what it is..but something is different.

Garou has issues with sound and there are a few graphics glitches on it as well. Nothing major but when you start a game after the character select screen you see the Credits 0 bit in the corners and it's a little glitchy.....it's a big F'n whoop glitch, the game plays fine, aside from the sound which can be annoying.

Both those above mentioned issues are probably not going to matter to anyone here anyways. Otherwise, i tested all the shmups and almost all the other games and everything is perfect....The sound in pretty much every other game is good and just like the originals. The menu not being in alphabetical order is a little shitty. Being able to press start for 5 sec to reset to menu is golden!!! Really handy.

Still recommend this cart to anyone who likes to play neo, for the price, you would be lucky to get 2 of the common games in original form. Buy one kiddies!!!

dmworking247
28th January 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info stu, I'm glad it still gets the thumbs up after we just bought 15 of them! :)

narf_
28th January 2009, 11:03 PM
cheers again

good to hear from someone that is into neo

stu
29th January 2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah, KOF 2k2 is my fave neo game....And garou is one of the other 4 non KOF neo-geo games i kept carts for.....so 2 of my fave games have issues...lol. And two of the other games aren't on the cart!!!!!!! Mag Drop 3 & Blues Journey. But yeah take those games out of the cart and i can't really fault it.

But seriously, if anyone is not happy with this cart when they get it....go buy originals.

Hoping they release another version now with the rest of the games on it.

candyflip
29th January 2009, 01:57 PM
Guys - to make it really clear, do these 100in1's NOT work on multi slot JAMMA boards?

So only on Single slot? Anyone proven that for themselves here, or is that impossible any other way?

ta

stu
29th January 2009, 03:45 PM
I've only got a single slotter....i can't see why they won't work with a multi slot? I've not got a multi slotter here to test on, so someone else will have to do that.

candyflip
30th January 2009, 10:39 AM
I've only got a single slotter....i can't see why they won't work with a multi slot? I've not got a multi slotter here to test on, so someone else will have to do that.

I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm this on their setup?

cheers

dmworking247
30th January 2009, 03:48 PM
Ok all, I have to appologise as I was called into the office again on Thursday (I leave hours before the post office opens and get back hours after it shuts).

However they've all been successfully posted this morning (except for garuda: Mate PM me your address). They are all wrapped in bubble wrap and then put in one of the padded postpak bags.

Now either I've got an extra instruction sticker or I forgot to put one in one of the bags. If yours is missing a sticker please PM me if you need it and I'll post it seperate.

Since they were under 500g, they were all a flat rate postage around Australia, so it was pretty much spot on my estimate. We did not get hit by any custom fees, and the drop in the US$ was small enough for me to absorb, so don't worry about covering the difference. For those of you who put in a few extra $ though, thanks very much it helped.

For all of you who requested your carts be tested I did so, and tested most of yours who didn't request it too :)

So, hopefully early next week we'll have several new Neo Geo rigs being played. Don't put them all on ebay at once! :lol

Etch71
1st February 2009, 12:19 AM

Brad

Think there is one kicking around on Ebay at the moment.

Foot
2nd February 2009, 01:25 PM
I have a package waiting for me home :)

Wonder what I'll be doing tonight :D

Davefjedi
2nd February 2009, 03:16 PM
Mine arrived today also must say I am quite impressed with them now to scrap my originals and make room in the cupboard

dmworking247
2nd February 2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

Brad
2nd February 2009, 04:04 PM
Mine arrived this morning and it works a treat!

Cheers again Dale =)

BRad

dmworking247
2nd February 2009, 04:09 PM
No worries, good to see they're starting to flood in.

Now where's my flood of vbux-infused gift icons? :D

ostybeef
3rd February 2009, 05:48 PM
got my carts today, awesome stuff.

Guys - to make it really clear, do these 100in1's NOT work on multi slot JAMMA boards?
ive got mine in a 4 slot machine and works fine! all the games ive tried work fine with the exception of slight slow downs during schmups and what not every now and then (it is a boot leg cart....)
i had a 48 in one that had problems with a few of the games in my 4 slot (not loading) but didnt seem to have these problems when i sent it back to in2amusements so im not sure what would be the difference between the 2 carts? most of the first 40 odd games are the same as each other....

either way im super happy with it. great addition to my neo machine for games that i cant find/cant afford
*heads back to the games room*

RaMpAgE
3rd February 2009, 06:43 PM
played with mine, exit doesn't work on my 6 slot, just have to turn off/on to reset, you can cycle through games with select sometimes. still working out its operation. All in all very impressive.

Where's my change DM?:D

Davefjedi
3rd February 2009, 06:48 PM
There is no change Dm is haveing a beer on us;)

ostybeef
3rd February 2009, 08:25 PM
played with mine, exit doesn't work on my 6 slot, just have to turn off/on to reset, you can cycle through games with select sometimes. still working out its operation. All in all very impressive.

did you try holding player1 in for ages?
i know people say 5 seconds but mine definately takes longer than 5 secs

AskJacob
3rd February 2009, 09:56 PM
Got mine yesterday, Cheers

Has a small crack in the back, thanks Oz Post, looks like it should be fine though.

Now to get a mobo :lol

Cheers
Jacob

GIBO
3rd February 2009, 10:04 PM

Mobo's not the problem AJ its the EL wire kits that are:D

RaMpAgE
3rd February 2009, 10:38 PM
did you try holding player1 in for ages?
i know people say 5 seconds but mine definately takes longer than 5 secs

yeah, up to about 30sec, haven't tried having just that cart in the MB yet.

dmworking247
3rd February 2009, 10:49 PM
Got mine yesterday, Cheers

Has a small crack in the back, thanks Oz Post, looks like it should be fine though.

Cheers
Jacob

Ah shit!! Man they must have some roughnuts in the post office because they were double lined, and I'd have thought that packing it tight (rather than banging around in a box) would make it a little less susceptible to damage.

If you dont get a mobo before I see you next, we can try it out in mine to check its still ok.

Sorry about that :/

Foot
4th February 2009, 10:47 AM
I've tried out the first 50 games and overall I think it's great :D

When trying to load some games I've been getting a few "illegal exception" errors, but after 2 or 3 trys they seem to work. (Only 2 KOF games won't load at all, but who cares). This may be the motherboard, not the cart.

I have no sound on Neo Mr. Do! It plays the boot up sound when the game is selected but has no sound during game play. Anyone else get this?

RaMpAgE
4th February 2009, 11:05 AM
I've tried out the first 50 games and overall I think it's great :D

When trying to load some games I've been getting a few "illegal exception" errors, but after 2 or 3 trys they seem to work. (Only 2 KOF games won't load at all, but who cares). This may be the motherboard, not the cart.

I have no sound on Neo Mr. Do! It plays the boot up sound when the game is selected but has no sound during game play. Anyone else get this?

played it last night and I had sound, also got through all levels of MSlug6 (missing a bit of graphics on some title screens)

Roxbury
4th February 2009, 11:29 AM
I got mine today and gave it a spin. It worked a treat, no probs. A great way to access a heap of Neo games at very little cost.

Crafty
4th February 2009, 12:33 PM
Mine was in the letter box when I got home....

Now have to get my cabinet it's going into working.

Thanks Dale

Brad
4th February 2009, 02:15 PM
I think this is a fantastic cart. I only wish the game list was alphabetical. Oh and I'd love to swap some of the games for better ones. Does anyone know if we can hack these?

Brad

dmworking247
8th February 2009, 10:06 PM
Alphabetical would be a major plus, as would replacing half of the KOF's :D

Anybody got a recommended list of games on this cartridge that ARENT fighters? :D

borgattard
12th February 2009, 08:57 PM
hi .
does anybody know if these 100 in 1 cartridges work on a 4 in 1 mb?????
thanks

ostybeef
12th February 2009, 09:45 PM
works great in my 4 slot neogeo

schmake
18th February 2009, 12:09 AM
Do these 100 in 1 carts play nice with both 4 slotter and UniBios?

schmake
4th March 2009, 08:26 PM
Do these 100 in 1 carts play nice with both 4 slotter and UniBios?

Yes, it works fine. Uni-bios in game menu works fine as do all cheat/hacks

dmworking247
4th March 2009, 08:46 PM
Hmm, talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity :)

schmake
4th March 2009, 10:36 PM
Heheh.. the voices in my head tell me that I'm not crazy :badgrin

Brodieman
3rd April 2009, 11:41 PM
i heard that people on the www.neo-geo.com forum said that they dont work on multi slot boards and can cause issues in the long run....or they could be tryign to salvage the value of their carts!

kramer
23rd April 2009, 02:42 PM
schmake i've got one setup at home now in a single slot neo if you want to try it out sometime you know where i live :P

Hashman
1st May 2009, 04:26 PM
Yeh, I have 3 of these 100 in 1 carts. So much better than wrangling with single carts. Just like others have said tho....

1. Alphabetical would be good.
2. Ditch the hacks and do a cart with ALL original games!

Hopefully this will happen soon.