PDA

View Full Version : Pinball side rails.

DKong
16th July 2006, 11:46 AM
I will probally need some new side rails for the Williams FirePower (1981) I have bought. (Picking up on Wednesday) Are these available? or is easier (cheaper to fix the originals)?
Are the little screw nails which attach them available in AUS?
Thanks

Skybeaux
16th July 2006, 02:44 PM
I don't know if the rails are still available or not.
As for the little screw nails, I've been looking for some of these for a while now.
If you happen to find someone who sells them can you let me know.

Thanks
Ken.

DKong
16th July 2006, 03:45 PM
I don't know if the rails are still available or not.
As for the little screw nails, I've been looking for some of these for a while now.
If you happen to find someone who sells them can you let me know.

Thanks
Ken.

Will do!

If I can't find the nails locally I will probally order OS.Shipping shouldn't be much and will order some extra's.

Skybeaux
16th July 2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks DKong,

I'd appreciate it.
I'm after about 60 or so depending on price.
Let me know if you find any.

Jomac
16th July 2006, 04:54 PM
I will probally need some new side rails for the Williams FirePower (1981) I have bought. (Picking up on Wednesday) Are these available? or is easier (cheaper to fix the originals)?
Thanks
Not sure about the nails because I normally re-use them , as for the side rails I just had 100 of them made and supplied them to mr pinball .
They also have double sided tape holding them to the machine so you need to heat them up with a heat gun to get them without doing to much damage to the cabinet .

DKong
16th July 2006, 07:17 PM
Not sure about the nails because I normally re-use them , as for the side rails I just had 100 of them made and supplied them to mr pinball .
They also have double sided tape holding them to the machine so you need to heat them up with a heat gun to get them without doing to much damage to the cabinet .

Cheers that's great news! Will get on to Mr Pinball!
Thanks again!

markc
16th July 2006, 07:42 PM

Jomac
any particluar double sided tape ? I buy rails from Wayne but have to strip off th tape when I get them gold plated

mark

also you make the rails ?

Jomac
16th July 2006, 09:11 PM
Jomac
any particluar double sided tape ? I buy rails from Wayne but have to strip off th tape when I get them gold plated

mark

also you make the rails ?
Mark , that tape they come with is just to protect them from scratches , the double sided tape I have used it slightly more narrow , I get it from 3M , it's black .
Havent had to buy any for a few years now so wouldn't have a clue what the part number is they use .

DKong
17th July 2006, 12:51 PM
Emailed Mr Pinball yesterday and the response was

Sorry we only have them for Late Model Games

Wayne Gillard
The Pinball Factory
www.pinball.com
:(

anyone else??

The Pinny Parlour
17th July 2006, 01:01 PM
Try a post on REC.GAMES.PINBALL

Jomac
17th July 2006, 02:08 PM
Emailed Mr Pinball yesterday and the response was

Sorry we only have them for Late Model Games

Wayne Gillard
The Pinball Factory
www.pinball.com
:(

anyone else??
If you want to send me an old one I can get some made for you , forgot they were the different size , havent had these made for over 10 years so dont have the specs saved anymore but not a problem with a sample.

DKong
25th July 2006, 01:31 PM
If you want to send me an old one I can get some made for you , forgot they were the different size , havent had these made for over 10 years so dont have the specs saved anymore but not a problem with a sample.

Thanks Jo

I have had a good look at the ones on the machine and think they will be OK with a bit of a polish. If I decide to get them made I will let you know.

Hoopstar
11th November 2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks
Hi Dkong

The twist nails are available from Bay Area Amusements (CLICK HERE) (http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MC-23&Category_Code=) for about $1AUD each.

I have a friend who is a coach builder make me up some side rails for a late model Bally pin and he used white 3M double sided tape. If you are interested, I will find out what he'd charge for a set for your firepower - I have a Gorgar in the throws of restoration and so he could copy them.

Hoops

Pop Bumper Pete
11th November 2006, 03:51 PM
I have read about the nails on RGP
you either have to cut what you can buy locally or buy from OS
PBR also has them, 18c US http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

Prof
15th November 2006, 04:47 AM
those nails look similar to ones i've seen used to hold some furniture together. upholstery guys might have them

http://www.otter.com.au/nails.php
or email these guys.

Never know