PDA

View Full Version : Changed my first PCB and I have no idea what I am doing

PRKLCD
14th July 2006, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone,

I feel like such a newbie. I attempted to swap over my first PCB - kinda got it and kinda didn't.
I download the MK manual but it really didn't make much sence to me ( hopefully it will one day soon)

problems

1. I don't have sound. What's the first thing I check?.

2. See the photo of the "extra" cord. Is this the cable for the extra buttons and do I place it where I put the big red mark?

Sorry if these questions are dumb - don't want to stuff anything

PRKLCD
14th July 2006, 09:34 PM
Better attach file :tomato

Arcade King
14th July 2006, 09:35 PM
photo?

no sound is probably due to a missing sound pot, the sound pcb had molex connectors one of which you connect a external sound pot to(which would have been on the cab)

Berty
14th July 2006, 09:40 PM
photo?

no sound is probably due to a missing sound pot, the sound pcb had molex connectors one of which you connect a external sound pot to(which would have been on the cab)

or just bridge the connector with a wire. oh yeah, and that extra cord looks like a kick harness.

Arcade King
14th July 2006, 09:41 PM
or just bridge the connector with a wire

Yeah Do what genius says if you want to blow your speaker to bits :p

garuda
15th July 2006, 12:11 AM
1. I don't have sound. What's the first thing I check?.

2. See the photo of the "extra" cord. Is this the cable for the extra buttons and do I place it where I put the big red mark?

Sorry if these questions are dumb - don't want to stuff anything

1. Also check if your harness has a -5 volt running to it. From memory Mortal Kombat requires a -5 for sound (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

2. Kick harness. It goes on the connector at the front of the main pcb.

Just to be sure, you didn't start up the game with the sound pcb sitting on top of the main pcb did you (it doesn't appear to have plastic feet)?

bwodie
15th July 2006, 12:53 AM
doesnt look like the harness is completely on to me :S

Berty
15th July 2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah Do what genius says if you want to blow your speaker to bits :p

I did it with my NBA Jam and had no probs. genius.

Arcade King
15th July 2006, 04:51 PM
I did it with my NBA Jam and had no probs. genius.
Well you must have a external volume pot otherwise the sound comes out full blast genius.

Berty
15th July 2006, 05:59 PM
Well you must have a external volume pot otherwise the sound comes out full blast genius.

Why yes i do senorita. Probably should have said that earlier.

mooncresta
15th July 2006, 05:59 PM
add a 50k pot to pins 1 and 3 @ P5 (pin 2 is missing for refrence) had the same problem today

4_ur_amusement
18th July 2006, 09:18 PM
now now ladies or it maybe handbags at 20 paces but i hear luke hits like a girl

Berty
18th July 2006, 09:28 PM
now now ladies or it maybe handbags at 20 paces but i hear luke hits like a girl

im giving you the frowning of a lifetime :p

4_ur_amusement
18th July 2006, 09:30 PM
go on