PDA

View Full Version : T-Moulding order

elvis
13th July 2006, 12:36 PM
I'm doing a bulk order of T-moulding soon, as we're out of the black stuff.

We've still got green and chrome in stock. Are there any other colours people are chasing before I do the order?

miikeboyle
13th July 2006, 02:45 PM
Im after some T-Moulding
What colours are avaliable and how much do you sell it for?

Mike

elvis
13th July 2006, 02:56 PM
Currently 20 foot (around 6 and a half meters) rolls go from anywhere between $25 and $30 depending on what it is (eg: chrome costs more than matte black, etc).

http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/ -> click Spare Parts -> T-Moulding.

Avilable colours: almost anything you can think of. Whites, pinks, greens, blues, oranges, reds, purples, yellows, etc. Matte finish, leather finish, chrome/gold metallic/shiny finish, etc.

Alot of the colours are designed to be replacements for original cabs. Eg: Nintendo's off white and grey square t-moulding, galaxian's bright green, pacman's orange, etc.

Give me an indication of what you're after. I might also try and get some router bits in too. I can't find 1/16" slot-cut router bits anywhere in Brisbane.

DialogPimp
13th July 2006, 11:10 PM
I was thinking of remolding the black & gold trim on my LOTR backbox, basically to make nice 45 degree corners. Do you have any black & gold trim in stock?

MameDownUnder
14th July 2006, 08:50 AM
whats the new prices Dan?

still more expensive them ozstick?

Mickey Juice
14th July 2006, 09:00 AM

http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/ -> click Spare Parts -> T-Moulding.

>_>

elvis
14th July 2006, 09:15 AM

T-moulding prices haven't changed. The stuff we get is different to OzStick's stuff. I see Chris has got 20mm metric stuff. Ours is all 3/4" imperial stuff.

I was thinking of remolding the black & gold trim on my LOTR backbox, basically to make nice 45 degree corners. Do you have any black & gold trim in stock?
Only chrome and green in stock at the moment (again, check the website). I'm definitely ordering black, as it's the most popular by far. If folks want gold, I'll get some of that in too, as it's hard to get here in the southern hemisphere.

miikeboyle
14th July 2006, 02:55 PM
do you have to get it in 20ft amounts, as im after 8 meters.

Is there a huge difference in 18mm(3/4in) versus 20mm cut down with a blade?

Mike

OzStick
14th July 2006, 03:43 PM
Sorry Elvis, I don't mean to kidnap this thread!

Is there a huge difference in 18mm(3/4in) versus 20mm cut down with a blade?

Mike

Miike, there is a difference between the 3/4" and 20mm - we source out t-moulding locally and the 20mm is wider (obviously!). Once you install it you then need to trim it so the edges are flush with the board. The 20mm give you a little room for error, just in case you don't rout the slot in the dead centre of the board.

The other major difference is the spine (the barbed bit that goes into the slot of the board) on our t-moulding is a wider, so you need a 3mm slot cutting bit which can be a little harder to find. The t-moulding Elvis sells needs a thinner slot.

Also, Elvis' range of colours is better becuase he imports his product from the US, which is the main reason it costs a bit more than ours.

Cheers,
Chris

elvis
14th July 2006, 04:34 PM
Sorry Elvis, I don't mean to kidnap this thread!

Hey Chris, all good. :)

Mike: what OzStick said. :)

AFAIK we get a choice of 20 foot rolls or 250 foot rolls. If there's enough demand, we might buy it in 250 foot lengths and cut it on site as people order it. (assuming we can get 250 foot rolls shipped cheaply enough from overseas).

miikeboyle
14th July 2006, 04:49 PM
Ok
Thanks for the help guys

Ill pass on the order this time

Mike

elvis
14th July 2006, 08:55 PM
No dramas. I'm not looking for actual orders, just interest levels. If people are telling me "I'm doing a project in 6 months where I might need 20 foot of gold" then I'll go ahead and order gold knowing someone somewhere actually uses the stuff.

I don't want to be in a position where I order 40 foot of pink and am stuck with it for the next 10 years because nobody in their right mind would use it on a cab.

Although, truth be told I'm making a lowboy (lowgirl?) cab for my 5 year old daughter, and she has expressly asked for pink t-moulding. So I will be ordering a roll. :)

DialogPimp
14th July 2006, 09:16 PM
Cool - I've bookmarked your page, so when I do get around to retrimming my LOTR backbox, you'll be the first port of call. Need to rework the audio system first though.

Crafty
24th July 2006, 09:16 PM
I will need t-moulding later in life..

Really not sure of the colour, will keep you in mind though.

As for the router bit yes please...

I am starting slowly to get the bits and pieces together to build a MAME cabinet and this is an essential.

spot
24th July 2006, 09:22 PM
ok if we are going on interest levels.
now i have a better roster (full weekends off now!!)
i plan on making lowboy and cocktail mame machines.
so ill be up for a bit of black too.

elvis
26th July 2006, 01:24 PM
Alright, so overwhelmingly black is on the books. There'll definitely be an order of that.

Is that black and gold on the same trim? Or separate black and gold trims?

Got a picture?

DialogPimp
27th July 2006, 07:49 AM
This picture (http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4858&picno=20621) shows the trim - black in the middle with 2 gold stripes either side.

Prof
27th July 2006, 09:03 PM
OK, black 3/4 T-moulding can be got here easily.

Clark Rubber, Century Rubber and places like that sell it by the metre. About $2 per metre iirc.

elvis
28th July 2006, 09:14 AM
OK, black 3/4 T-moulding can be got here easily.

Clark Rubber, Century Rubber and places like that sell it by the metre. About $2 per metre iirc.
About time! Last time I looked for T-moulding here in AU, NOBODY supplied it. I asked all of the people you list above and dozens more. Everyone just gave me a blank look and said "Mate, nobody's used that shit in 20 years".

I'm doing a ring around today and seeing who's got what. I hope someone in this country can supply the stuff cheaper than the current options.

Mickey Juice
28th July 2006, 09:29 AM
About time! Last time I looked for T-moulding here in AU, NOBODY supplied it. I asked all of the people you list above and dozens more. Everyone just gave me a blank look and said "Mate, nobody's used that shit in 20 years".

I'm doing a ring around today and seeing who's got what. I hope someone in this country can supply the stuff cheaper than the current options.

I had the same problems.. checked out all the cabinet makers etc etc and found none. The only place I could find it was OzStick... :D

elvis
28th July 2006, 03:09 PM
All the cabinet makers go for this stick-on stuff these days. The old routed t-moulding seems to have fallen out of fashion with them.

dmworking247
7th January 2007, 10:19 AM
I had the same problems.. checked out all the cabinet makers etc etc and found none. The only place I could find it was OzStick... :D

Is stick-on stuff an option? If thats whats sold/used these days, why is T-moulding still used for building Mame cabinets? Is it for authenticity? Ease? Longevity?

elvis
7th January 2007, 10:24 AM
Is stick-on stuff an option? If thats whats sold/used these days, why is T-moulding still used for building Mame cabinets? Is it for authenticity? Ease? Longevity?

Stick-on moulding is thin and flat. It doesn't have the "buldge" of T-moulding. Aesthetically speaking, it is a completely different product.

It's a bit like asking if people want to use one brand of joystick over an other. It's all up to you and your taste.

I prefer T-moulding for the look and nostalgia. Plus I personally find it a little easier to apply than the stick-on stuff. Routing a groove is easy, as is hammering in the T stuff. That stick-on flat stuff is very time consuming to apply on large runs like cabinet outers.

Prof
7th January 2007, 12:05 PM
I do know some shps like Century Rubber do stock tmould or gcan get it, black only tho.
I did get an order from www.tmoulding.com (http://www.tmoulding.com) , great service. Cost the same as black does here for colours, and got here in less then a week.

dmworking247
7th January 2007, 12:12 PM
I do know some shps like Century Rubber do stock tmould or gcan get it, black only tho.
I did get an order from www.tmoulding.com (http://www.tmoulding.com) , great service. Cost the same as black does here for colours, and got here in less then a week.

Yeah having looked at that site and the prices, and the fact I could have got the routing tool at the same time, I would have bought from there... I'm having trouble getting the router bit from the local bunnings (4mm bit with the shaft = $55, 3mm bit on its own (and they dont sell the shaft seperately) is $37).

And to top it all off its raining today so I'm not making any progress! Grr :D

Prof
7th January 2007, 01:02 PM
stuff bunning for the bit, got to a real tool shop. You need an arbour and the blade. 2,5mm Last one cost me about 28 for the arbour and 24 for the blade. (Slot Cutter)

Foot
7th January 2007, 02:27 PM
Yep, last good quality 1/16 set I got cost me $50. Smaller they are, the harder they are to find

narf_
7th January 2007, 04:28 PM
over here we have a place called galvins hardware that sell t-moulding about $3is h a metre in black and white from memory. i did buy some but ended up using the iron laminate for me that was a lot easier

bunnings my area have the iron laminate for 74c a metre woodgrain is 52c

as elvis said it is personal choice