PDA

View Full Version : JAMMA Fingerboards in Oz

MadMikeAU
12th July 2006, 10:18 PM
Can one get JAMMA fingerboards in Oz? Namely the JammaBoards.com ones. I have bought a couple of these online in the past, but now need some more. Would rather buy from Oz as I am a little impatient to get them this time.

Dan
12th July 2006, 11:03 PM
I won a couple on ebay, they were made by Coin Play Australia. It even has a phone number on it 1800 333 350, I don't know if they are still in business.

Ric
13th July 2006, 08:35 AM
I think they are custom products only sold form the site.

They are well worth the price, parituclarly the newer v3 boards hich has the two edge connectors and through plated holes for making harnesses. I am using these and they are a great product

staceyamusements
13th July 2006, 09:37 AM
I won a couple on ebay, they were made by Coin Play Australia. It even has a phone number on it 1800 333 350, I don't know if they are still in business.

Yes they are still in business.They are a great Melbourne company.

Coin Play Australia Pty Ltd
21 Tereva Cres.
Wheelers Hill, Vic. 3150.
Tel: 613 9560 0707
Fax:613 9560 0820
Sales line : 1800 333 350

I do deal with them.

elvis
13th July 2006, 10:16 AM
http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/

Under spare parts. There's two different kinds - the picture on the site shows the second type. But we also have the JB-1 model from JammaBoards. Make sure that if you do an online order, in the comments field you specify you want the JammaBoards.com JB-1 model, and I'll make sure it gets picked correctly.

MadMikeAU
13th July 2006, 10:17 AM
I think they are custom products only sold form the site.

They are well worth the price, parituclarly the newer v3 boards hich has the two edge connectors and through plated holes for making harnesses. I am using these and they are a great product

I assume you are talking about JammaBoards.com ones. I get a couple of the v1 boards off ebay. Excellent boards. I may buy half a dozen or more.
Group buy, anyone?
--------------------------------------------
Edit:
The CoinPlay ones are AU$12 a piece.
The JammBoards.com ones are US$4 a piece (or cheaper for bulk) for a superior product.

Of course, shipping comes into play, but you still come out way in front getting the US ones.

So, like I said....group buy?

spot
13th July 2006, 11:03 AM
i want to get a couple as well, i think group buy is the way to go.

Savage
13th July 2006, 11:10 AM
Yep, I'll be down for some!

MadMikeAU
13th July 2006, 11:57 AM
OK anyone interested PM me addresses and qualtities.

I'll do the order in a few days (so more have a chance to get on board) and do the order. When they get here, I'll redistribute within Oz. Local postage will be AU$3.20. Once I know how many to order and how many people involved. Then I'll work out what we all owe and you guys can drop it in my PayPal.

Are we getting JB-3 or JB-1 ? Either is good.

elvis
13th July 2006, 12:27 PM
Are we getting JB-3 or JB-1 ? Either is good.
JB-2 has the extra "JAMMA+" headers. Handy if you have a lot of 4+ button cabinets (easy to make your own kick harnesses for, etc).

I bought myself a few of those a few months back so I can put all my games consoles into cabs and play 6-button games with the ability to quick-swap.

staceyamusements
13th July 2006, 12:43 PM
I assume you are talking about JammaBoards.com ones. I get a couple of the v1 boards off ebay. Excellent boards. I may buy half a dozen or more.
Group buy, anyone?
--------------------------------------------
Edit:
The CoinPlay ones are AU$12 a piece.
The JammBoards.com ones are US$4 a piece (or cheaper for bulk) for a superior product.

Of course, shipping comes into play, but you still come out way in front getting the US ones.

So, like I said....group buy?
Mike and others they are AU$8 a piece.
I have just spoken to him.They both are quality fingerboards.I find using the Coinplay version quicker to do harness.If any one is insterested in the coinplay version i can do a group buy for them.

PRKLCD
14th July 2006, 11:31 AM
Ok I don't want to sound like a total newbie but...............................................

Is a fingerboard what I need to convert Wonderboy in Monoster land to Jamma?

MadMikeAU
14th July 2006, 01:04 PM
If it aint JAMMA and you want it JAMMA, then you need to make a JAMMA harness. For that you need a JAMMA fingerboard.

Not to rain on anyones parade, but at AU$8 a piece, it still works out much cheaper to get them from USA.

OK, who wants what?

Savage
14th July 2006, 01:25 PM
If it aint JAMMA and you want it JAMMA, then you need to make a JAMMA harness. For that you need a JAMMA fingerboard.

Not to rain on anyones parade, but at AU$8 a piece, it still works out much cheaper to get them from USA.

OK, who wants what?
I'm in. Only need 3

spot
14th July 2006, 01:31 PM
yeah ill grab 5.

PRKLCD
14th July 2006, 02:08 PM
three please

bigrob
14th July 2006, 02:35 PM
Im in for 5 JB-1
Any chance of getting any other goodies from jamma boards at the same time?
If so Id be in for some 22/44 and 28/56 pin edge connectors aswell.

Cheers

Rob

spot
14th July 2006, 02:40 PM
yeah same, i would like to try one of the jamma and a kick harness.

Savage
14th July 2006, 03:23 PM
So where do you guys get wiring from? my local Dick smith and Jay car don't carry the correct stuff, little olone the colours I want (To keep it uniform with my cab's colour wiring)

MadMikeAU
14th July 2006, 07:22 PM
So where do you guys get wiring from? my local Dick smith and Jay car don't carry the correct stuff, little olone the colours I want (To keep it uniform with my cab's colour wiring)

You could use standard audio wiring...Tandy, Jaycar, Dick Smith

But I use rainbow ribbon cable from Jaycar

MadMikeAU
3rd August 2006, 06:43 PM
FFS only 1 person interested enough to PM?

Anyway, lets say I will put in the order on Sunday afternoon. Anyone who is interested in getting anything from JammaBoards.com PM me.

heres how it will work...
PM me what you want. I will put it all together and get back to you what the damage is.
I will add, say AU$5 for postage.
PayPal me the funds.
I order and it comes to me.
I send it to you (AU$3.20 of the AU$5 will cover this part).

If you want other stuff, let me know. I think I will get some single sided and some double sided ones for myself.

Lets get orginised, gents

Ric
4th August 2006, 08:46 AM
one day I'll get myself organasised

elvis
4th August 2006, 08:51 AM
FFS only 1 person interested enough to PM?
Welcome to organising group buys!

Been there, done that, got stuck with half the stuff because everybody changed their mind at the end.

MadMikeAU
4th August 2006, 10:05 AM
Welcome to organising group buys!

Been there, done that, got stuck with half the stuff because everybody changed their mind at the end.

Yep, thats why I want money up front. LMAO

elvis
4th August 2006, 10:44 AM
Yep, thats why I want money up front. LMAO
It's all good. I ended up eBaying the left overs from the group buy I was responsible for and making 100% markup on everything. The whole thing payed for itself and then some. :)

MadMikeAU
30th August 2006, 01:23 AM
OK, they arrived today (10 x JB3, plus a bunch of other stuff)
The postage was actually very reasonable.

What could have been a sweet group buy turns out to be a cool stock up on my part.

Arcade King
30th August 2006, 06:20 AM
Meh I never get into group buying because like you say 9 times out of 10 it never goes through.
Lukily I have a good supply of fingerboards the rest I buy from jammaboards.com, just bought a heap of 22 pin connectors. Only thing I don't buy from there are the fingerboards..too pricy and I think they are too bulky for my liking, however they are great for the newbies.