PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

bigdaddy
11th July 2006, 05:31 PM
Wanted to get a in quick hello to all, not only because its rude of me not to, but because of that pesky message that says "you haven't posted anything yet". In summary, I am a self comfessed pinball nut and have been watching the forums to see if I am in good company..... I am. Something about pinball machines that takes me back to when I was a wee lad. I can still remember playing the 20c machines whenever I was down at the local milk bar or on the coast on holidays. Reliving happy days I guess is what has fueled my interest now. I have 2 machines both DE - Hook & POTO. I have just completed a full restore of the Hook and the POTO will be given a full workup shortly with new plastics and backglass etc. I'm always looking for the next project mostly from the 90's. Just for fun, I'll post some shots of the Hook in due course and get some feedback from educated eyes. Looking forward to contributing to this excellent site.

Ric
11th July 2006, 05:53 PM
great to hear from you

Phantom is a beautiful game - both in terms of aesthetics and gameplay - definitely on my wishlist

you're in great company here

Ric

bwodie
11th July 2006, 06:40 PM
welcome mate! :)
great to have you here
im new to the pinballs but have fallen in love bigtime!

NMD
11th July 2006, 06:47 PM
Welcome ! Good to see a DE fan :) Cant wait to see the pics !

Where abouts in AUS are you from ?

The Pinny Parlour
11th July 2006, 08:09 PM
Hi bigdaddy,

ah, that pesky message. :lol

Glad you have joined mate, Welcome

Sounds like you have some fine pins there.

We encourage you to participate where you can.

Enjoy!
Ian

LOTR4U
11th July 2006, 08:41 PM
Welcome :)

DKong
11th July 2006, 09:04 PM
Welcome dude! Lot's of Pin Heads here good to see some DE being mentioned!

bwodie
11th July 2006, 10:04 PM
yeah lookin at your two machines on ipdb, they look ****in sweet man

Darksoul
11th July 2006, 10:21 PM
welcome

BlackHorse
29th July 2006, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone, this is BlackHorse. I got lured here by Wazza, as he has joined the SEWA darts site in the US.

I am Canadian, of British descent, living in the Vancouver area of British Columbia on the west coast - figured I'd better be specific there as my son and I noticed that your game of Canadian Geography had a high score of MINUS 40 til we got to it!!!

I posted a high score on Trivial Blitz using Wazza's name to test out the site, and promptly ticked off one of my bud's on the SEWA site!

Hope to meet some of you as time goes on. Cheers.

The Pinny Parlour
29th July 2006, 08:56 PM
Hello everyone, this is BlackHorse. I got lured here by Wazza, as he has joined the SEWA darts site in the US.

I am Canadian, of British descent, living in the Vancouver area of British Columbia on the west coast - figured I'd better be specific there as my son and I noticed that your game of Canadian Geography had a high score of MINUS 40 til we got to it!!!

I posted a high score on Trivial Blitz using Wazza's name to test out the site, and promptly ticked off one of my bud's on the SEWA site!

Hope to meet some of you as time goes on. Cheers.
Hi BlackHorse,

Welcome to Aussie Arcade mate,

Cheers for dropping by and we hope to see you around here often.
We encourage you to throw in your constructive 2 cents worth, or just enjoy what's on offer.

Enjoy! :)
Ian

frs
29th July 2006, 10:05 PM
Ahh Vancouver, BC. Awesome city. Was in Whistler for the 2001-02 season, and loved it. The Vancouver Canucks (icehockey) stadium, GM Place, will go down as the one and only stadium I've ever been kicked out of

I don't understand it? I've been fud up pretty bad at the Gabba more times than I remember, but GM Place boots me out?

Ahh well, what happens on tour ...