PDA

View Full Version : Multi Board & Mortal Kombat

spankys13
6th November 2008, 04:18 PM
Hi Guys,

Looking at getting a Jamma cabinet and multiboard. Any ideas if the 1000-in-1 boards support Mortal Kombat, or if there is one out there that can do it?

And if not, why not?

Thanks,

con
7th November 2008, 10:25 AM
My old Games Family (blue board) 1 in 1066 did not and was excluded from list of games.

I think this was mainly due to the crappy celeron processor it came with.

Anyhow i have since installed 2.4 P4 processor and 512 stick of ram
and have modified game list to include Mortal Kombat 1, 2 ,3 and UMK.
Also I have added Killer Instinct 1 & 2 and NBA Jam.

Killer Instinct runs okay with minimal slow down.

Now i am not to sure whether the newer red box 1000 in 1 systems have all these games?

spankys13
7th November 2008, 10:30 AM
OK, so the multi-boards can be modified to suit...? Any thoughts on the best board to get, in terms of reliability, ease of use, etc?

I just want it to start up quickly and go to a list of games without any fiddling around - easy enough so my wife could use it!

jaspar
7th November 2008, 01:04 PM
PM Sent

Davefjedi
7th November 2008, 02:54 PM
Stay away from the red box
this is from personal experience
unable to back the hdd up

Commando
7th November 2008, 03:06 PM
Its interesting you mention the MK series.

I've got myself a 1066-in-1 board and over the past few months I've installed a 2.8 Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, 160 GB HD, Win XP and the Mala frontend. :D

I'm now running MAME 0.127 and everything is working totally sweet - except for MK1, MK2, MK3 and UMK

For the life of me, I can't work out why none of these work. On my laptop they all seems to play fine, but in the arcade table they fail to load past the "OK" screen.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?! :unsure

Con - would you know what version of mame youre running to get the MK series to play?!

con
10th November 2008, 09:31 AM
Its interesting you mention the MK series.

I've got myself a 1066-in-1 board and over the past few months I've installed a 2.8 Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, 160 GB HD, Win XP and the Mala frontend. :D

I'm now running MAME 0.127 and everything is working totally sweet - except for MK1, MK2, MK3 and UMK

For the life of me, I can't work out why none of these work. On my laptop they all seems to play fine, but in the arcade table they fail to load past the "OK" screen.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?! :unsure

Con - would you know what version of mame youre running to get the MK series to play?!

I have not updated mame on mine... seems strange delete the configuration files mame created for them when first booted ie nvram file etc :unsure

Commando
10th November 2008, 09:36 AM
Cheers Con - I'll have a crack at that tonight!

spankys13
10th November 2008, 09:52 AM
Well, theres a game board for sale from here http://www.in2amusements.com.au/ which pretty much covers every game that I am looking for so will probably go with this one...

Commando
10th November 2008, 10:16 AM
I forgot to mention I ended up getting the Mortal Kombat series working when I installed Mame v0114.

That said, I reckon he's probably onto something with old nvram files etc for later versions of Mame. I'll let you know how i get on..

narf_
10th November 2008, 02:32 PM
Well, theres a game board for sale from here http://www.in2amusements.com.au/ which pretty much covers every game that I am looking for so will probably go with this one...

3 Days Ago 11:04 AM
jaspar PM Sent

jaspar (jason) is the owner mate if you didnt see before hand

also for info try this forum also

http://www.xxxx-in-1.com

this will help with any modding questions ect.

Commando
11th November 2008, 10:23 AM
ok i just checked it out again last night.

After a fresh install of Mame 0128 and no links to the old cfg, nvram etc, roms like sf2 and the mortal kombat series don't work.

I now think it has something to do with the video card drivers for the pcb, seeing it all works fine on my laptop. weird stuff.

I've now reverted back to Mame 0114 which suits me fine for everything I want to play, with a few exceptions:

SFIII doesnt work with Mame 0114. To get around this i've got the Mala linked to a second version of Mame (0128) which runs SFIII fine. problem solved! :p

None of the 3D fighters work with Mame 0114. To get around this I need learn how to install the Zinc emulator and link that back to Mala.

I'll start looking into that over the next few days..

spankys13
1st December 2008, 05:52 PM
Well, I just upgraded the CPU in my multi-board to a 2.8Ghz, and now MK works just fine. I followed the tutorial from xxxx-in-1, and didnt' need to even upgrade RAM to get the games running as they are supposed to.

Now the next step is to make a copy of the HDD, and update the games list to include the rest of the MK series, and NBA Hangtime...

Very happy though!