PDA

View Full Version : What Coin Door to get.

miikeboyle
10th July 2006, 10:22 PM
Hi

Im thinking about getting a coindoor for my lowboy

I really like the atari/happ style ones but ive found them quite rare or expensive in aus and shipping seems expensive cos of the weight

My other option is a simple one like the one for $35 from ozstick.
Its simple but does everything i need it to do.

So whats your opinions? what do you use?

Mike

The Pinny Parlour
10th July 2006, 10:41 PM
Get the one that will do what you will ever need it to do. That's the right one. ;)

Potato King
10th July 2006, 10:50 PM
Miike,

I went with the Ozstick $35 jobby, I mounted it the other day to see how it looked & was wrapped, would look good on the lowboy.

Had I seen happs new coin mech before I ordered this one I may have ended up getting this.

http://www.happcontrols.com/coindoors/40002300p.htm

Will cost about $50 bucks Fedex postage thou.

MikGan
11th July 2006, 09:17 AM
doesnt that one only have a 25c US coin slot? do our AUS coins fit the same sizes?

RetroBorg
11th July 2006, 01:33 PM
doesnt that one only have a 25c US coin slot? do our AUS coins fit the same sizes?

I'm pretty sure the Aussie 20 cents is the same size as the US 25 cents.

Viper
11th July 2006, 07:00 PM
Nope, quarters are in between our 10c and 20c in size.

Just went looking for the ones I brought home in 2002 but remembered I took them to Guam in December and spent them so unable to measure for you.

miikeboyle
11th July 2006, 07:17 PM
they are different size and a 20c piece will not work in a quarter slot, but the actual coin mechs are interchangable so you can always grab a cheap 20c mech and put it onto the happ faceplate.

I really like the happ ones.
but i dont think there is anywhere selling them in australia

and shipping for such a unit is too expensive so it looks like ill be going for a ozstick on unless a happ one becomes available in Aus in the next 2 weeks

mike

Viper
11th July 2006, 07:27 PM
Will the slot in the faceplate be big enough for a 20c piece though? Don't know how much play they figure into them.

uprising
17th July 2006, 08:34 PM
I rekon the Happ looks the best but hey is it worth the price???