PDA

View Full Version : $22 Cocktail

maxpower
31st October 2008, 10:18 PM
A guy came into work today and saw my US style cocktail and said I have an old crap one at home. Had it for 10ish years. Has pacman he told me but it's a space invaders clone. He needed a 1gig Ram stick for his PC so he said he will swap me for it. It works and plays but the monitor is abit sick. Still good for $22!!!

Foot
31st October 2008, 10:22 PM
Nice swap!

David_AVD
31st October 2008, 10:23 PM
Good score. How did you keep a straight face? :D

narf_
31st October 2008, 10:23 PM
dam good score. universal cocktails rock

they must be cheap mine was $5

daics3522
31st October 2008, 10:26 PM

Mother $%^*^&(*@&(

Where are these blokes when I need somethin

maxpower
31st October 2008, 10:28 PM

LOL I was looking for your pics to show the wife but couldn't find them. When I got it home she like's it!! I don't really want it but I couldn't let it go. It works fine but the monitor is abit bright, & when you play 2 players the screen doesn't rotate. Be a fun job tho doing it up. I'm just rapped I got the glass clips on this one.

narf_
31st October 2008, 10:30 PM
garage sales

pushed the neckboard on mine perfect ever since

this thread reminds me to find my box of CPs for these cabs for dorian. got them buried on the top shelf

happy to take pics of mine mate if you need any. mine appears to be all original minus the gameboard

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/DSC00052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/Photo086.jpg
coin door is a easy remake also for yours. the second pic i made a new tabletop for mine and since that pic added the side trim

good keeper cabs as there plywood built to last a cyclone

felixthadog
31st October 2008, 10:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/optimus_narfunkle/Photo086.jpg
coin door is a easy remake also for yours. the second pic i made a new tabletop for mine and since that pic added the side trim

good keeper cabs as there plywood built to last a cyclone

Man I love that carpet :D

Matthew

narf_
31st October 2008, 10:36 PM
that photo was a my sons first xmas

glad to get rid of that shit

arcadus
31st October 2008, 10:46 PM
Just repaired one of these for a mate,originally "cosmic Monsters" (colour version of space invaders) but had a Phoenix. Rotating players ,I think is a dipswitch setting.
Good score! mate paid $350 for his.

narf_
31st October 2008, 11:00 PM
one sold recently on the forum for 490

opm881
1st November 2008, 12:22 AM
....... this is why i hate you, spacies, narf, hell, all of you people that manage to get cheap cabs :P Lovely score mate, good on ya. If you do happen to want to get rid of it, ill give you $23 :O thats $1 profit ftw

longreach
1st November 2008, 01:48 AM
You lucky, lucky sods. :x

narf_
1st November 2008, 01:57 AM
got a few freebies in the collection too

longreach
1st November 2008, 01:58 AM
Thanks for rubbing it in!! :lol

narf_
1st November 2008, 09:44 AM
gotta be inthe right place right time

daics3522
1st November 2008, 11:04 AM

Let me know where (right place) and when (right time) Narf and I will meet ya there to collect my share.............

maxpower
1st November 2008, 11:05 AM

It's funny cause this guy didn't say anything about having a cab. He came back to pick up his PC & we got talking about crap & I said I play with these in my spare time and then he said I have one at home. I think you need to wear a T-shirt or write on your forehead WANTED MORE CABS and see if people click then.
Narf if you can send a pic of the coin door that would help alot please. No hurry tho. And BTW I love that carpet too!!!

longreach
1st November 2008, 11:05 AM
waiting for my invite to! ;)

narf_
1st November 2008, 11:40 AM
no worries

ive had people come up to me after seeing arcade cabinets in my hobbies on my staff profile

the coin door ill take some pics mate but easy as. just a piece of wood to fit the gap with a extra tongue on the bottom for it to sit

i can also make a template if you like and send it over

maxpower
1st November 2008, 11:49 AM
no worries

ive had people come up to me after seeing arcade cabinets in my hobbies on my staff profile

the coin door ill take some pics mate but easy as. just a piece of wood to fit the gap with a extra tongue on the bottom for it to sit

i can also make a template if you like and send it over

Thanks Narf. I'll try the pic's first. It's funny that on 2 players the screen doesn't flip but you have to use the 2nd player controls. Will get some pic's when I start playing with it. There's 29 years of black dust in there and that familiar smell of the old wood.