View Full Version : Make your own marquee

ACE FREHLEY
21st November 2005, 12:07 PM
If anyone is interested I have made my own marquee for a 39 in 1
email me and I will send you what art work I have
Not the greatest but good enough for home use & its free :D

Prof
21st November 2005, 11:04 PM
I bought a A3 Epson Photo DX for that very reason. It will print 297mm wide by 1030mm long. Big enought for marquees and cpo's. DOes a reasonable job too.

That said, I could be convinced to do either for anyone.

Virgil Tracy
22nd November 2005, 06:05 AM
Where do you get paper that long?

MadMikeAU
22nd November 2005, 09:08 AM
Where do you get paper that long?

Bob Marley's tobacconist?

Prof
22nd November 2005, 08:47 PM
Just find a printer that does large format printing and ask if you can buy a few metere's of there 42" photo paper!!. There's a guy in Southport near Australia Fair that has a 42" photo pronter and does huge panaramic's and airial (sp?) photos. He quoted me about $80 for Galaxian sideart and maybe able to squeeze in a kickplate as well!. I'll have to find his business card and put up his details.

Cheer.

Berty
22nd November 2005, 08:48 PM
$80 is an awesome deal, you should see some of the prices that i have been quoted!

Prof
22nd November 2005, 11:18 PM
I do my own marquee's and cpo's. I do have a techneque for coating the cpo's that make's them watertight and a loght thicker, plus I can make them gloss/satin/matt with whatever texture on them.

catty
23rd November 2005, 08:09 AM
Prof, what does this guy need to print the side art? Do you have the art on disc? What format? I have some galaga side art somewhere that I was going to get printed, but cost was a little high. $80 sounds good.

Catty

Prof
24th November 2005, 08:23 PM
He can basiclly print anything Adobe paint will. I was going to get Galaga done from a PDf file.

WOKA
26th November 2005, 12:48 AM
Hey all..

There is a fella at the Carrara Markets (Karrara..? near Broadbeach on the Gold Coast) that said he'd do full colour adhesive vinyl printing for $50.00 a metre..

If you hook up tell him a hung over fella asked him about 2 months ago - he'll remember..! I was hungover, I made the point known and told him it would be good for his business..!

W.

Vulture
28th November 2005, 02:27 PM
What side of the bridge is he on? I am there every so often, but have never seen him...