PDA

View Full Version : Data East PCBs

MadMikeAU
10th July 2006, 08:12 PM
OK, any of you underpants wearing sissy girls own these PCBs...
1) Chernov
2) Bad Dudes
3) Robocop
4) Midnight Resistance (Edit: Just realised that I have this one too)

I am starting to fix the ones I have and some seem to have bits missing. Like someone nicked some caps/power regulators of them. Thieving A-Holes.

humpalot
10th July 2006, 09:40 PM
Got Bad Dudes

4_ur_amusement
10th July 2006, 09:58 PM
1) Chernov
2) Bad Dudes
3) Robocop

I am starting to fix the ones I have and some seem to have bits missing. Like someone nicked some caps/power regulators of them. Thieving A-Holes. maybe thats cause you called them that ??:p

staceyamusements
11th July 2006, 06:34 AM
1) Chernov
2) Bad Dudes
3) Robocop

I am starting to fix the ones I have and some seem to have bits missing. Like someone nicked some caps/power regulators of them. Thieving A-Holes.
Mikie,i have bad dudes.Pm me.

MadMikeAU
11th July 2006, 08:54 PM
maybe thats cause you called them that ??:p

:lol NAh, I bought them off ebay as a lot of non workers. :lol

Looks like Bad Dudes is a place to start. OK, I'll list what I wanna know about Bad Dudes and get back to you guys.

humpalot
11th July 2006, 10:16 PM
Yep not a problem. As a matter of interest I had a non working Bad Dudes, it would only show rubbish. But one day when I was going the pile, I quickly re booted it 5 or 6 times in a row and I got it to work. It now works everytime :D

MadMikeAU
19th July 2006, 12:51 PM
OK, Heres the goods on my Bad Dudes...

Symptoms:
No sync. There seems to be a VERY faint wavy image (and I use that word lightly). The sound sounds like I am at the beach LMAO Very faint white noise going in and out. Seems like its trying to do the attract sound :unsure

Problems:
1) Dusty as King Tut's left nut. Probably not to blame for the problems, but not helping either.

2) ROM board (DE-0293-2): Cap C49 @ A1 missing. Looks like a large drum-type. Need to know value.

3) ROM Board also has damaged cap C77 @ J6. Please confirm this is a 104

4) CPU Board (DE-0297-1): Smashed cap C94 @ E2. Please confirm this is a 104

5) CPU board also has nothing at NF4 near the JAMMA connector. Is that right?

I also believe that Video Ground on my cab not being wired may be an issue. The MegaTech board I wired up didnt display until I wired Video Ground to Ground. Video circuit may be separate to the rest. Has to get the electrons from somewhere I guess. Anyways, I am thinking of throwing together a cab-side PCB with Stereo/Mono switch Test/Service buttons and maybe pots for RGB (sick of going around the back, cab is to big the see the changes, but what values?).

MadMikeAU
20th July 2006, 04:40 PM
Big ol' bump as I need this info, please.

humpalot
20th July 2006, 05:16 PM
2) ROM board (DE-0293-2): Cap C49 @ A1 missing. Looks like a large drum-type. Need to know value. 16v 220uf

3) ROM Board also has damaged cap C77 @ J6. Please confirm this is a 104 Yep 104

4) CPU Board (DE-0297-1): Smashed cap C94 @ E2. Please confirm this is a 104 Yep 104

5) CPU board also has nothing at NF4 near the JAMMA connector. Is that right? Yep is blank.

MadMikeAU
20th July 2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks, humpalot, and I got all those spares in stock. I love Dick Smith's random lucky dip cap packs :D

1000 donated !!!!

humpalot
20th July 2006, 09:47 PM
Happy to help. Good luck with the board, pretty good game to play too.