PDA

View Full Version : Pinball night in Adelaide

judgeboz
8th July 2006, 11:16 PM
Guys,
I spoke to Simon at Amusement Worx this morning and talked pinball for hours. He proposed the idea of having a regular get together (every 6-8 weeks) at his shop. Sounds like a good place to drink, eat, talk (maybe pick up/exchange some technical tips and tricks) and play pinball with fellow players, collectors, enthusiasts and operators. He doesn't have a date in mind yet. So, I want to know how many people would be interested in attending and maybe hosting (BYO) a night at their place and show off their stuff?

Who's in?

RetroBorg
8th July 2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah sounds good to me and the location is good too, unfortunately I can't yes for sure as I never know too far in advance what my work roster will be, but if I can go I will.

Phil

terry007
9th July 2006, 12:08 PM
Sounds good. Count me in.

As far as having a few games at my place as I only have 2 pinnys there could be a bit of standing around waiting involved!!

judgeboz
9th July 2006, 01:18 PM
Sounds good. Count me in.

As far as having a few games at my place as I only have 2 pinnys there could be a bit of standing around waiting involved!!

Thats cool, 1 is enough to host as most will be talking, sharing their experiences, ideas, tech issues and whos who of pinball. Plus, it will be good see a face to name.

busboy
9th July 2006, 02:12 PM
Would love to come!

xygt
9th July 2006, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I'm interested too.

Bretty was speaking about something similar a few weeks ago at the auction.

Xygt

judgeboz
9th July 2006, 11:39 PM
Hi,

Bretty was speaking about something similar a few weeks ago at the auction.

Xygt

Yes, I saw Bretty at the auction and we did talk about it and with others, so its now time to find out whether its worth doing.

bretty
10th July 2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah sounds good John.You can count me in also.Can always make time to play pinball.
xygt, is that you Brendan?
Never mind ,I just checked out the real names thread again.Good to see you joined up mate.

gamesrus
10th July 2006, 12:08 PM
thanks john as I said still working on a night would help me if I new the night's preferred as in week night or weekend maybe people could let us know
thanks again
wizz

judgeboz
10th July 2006, 12:33 PM
I suggest a Monday night as weekends may be difficult with family events etc.

Darksoul
10th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Count me in as well, pending work.

Brad

Johno
10th July 2006, 06:31 PM
I would like to be involved as well. I have a kick ass gfames room with a bar i'm willing to share but i don't have any pinball machines yet. if there is any1 that wants to lend me a machine or doen't have room to store it i will look after it like a baby!!! check out htttp:/au.geocities.com/johnomame75 to see my games room!!! i'm serious about lending me a pinny if u don't have room tostore it but i don' think i'll get any takers!!!

gamesrus
11th July 2006, 09:17 AM
Hey Sean
Mate most of the pins that are at home are there pride and joy as you would treat it not sure if you will get many takers
but keep you eye on this thread we will post a date and time soon come along and play if you like
wizz:tomato

RetroBorg
11th July 2006, 01:27 PM
thanks john as I said still working on a night would help me if I new the night's preferred as in week night or weekend maybe people could let us know
thanks again
wizz

Any night is good for me, what I need though is at least two weeks prior knowledge so I can book a night off with work.

xygt
12th July 2006, 10:31 PM
Mondays are bad for me, but may be able to get out of my commitments every now and then on this night.

Crafty
14th July 2006, 10:17 AM
I will try to come if we can set a date..

Thanks RETROBORG for steering me on to this aussie forum from BYOAC.

I was just beginning to wonder if such an aussie group were around..:)

pigsie
26th July 2006, 10:12 AM
Anything further to this thought

(just bumping the thread)

pigsie

judgeboz
26th July 2006, 11:03 AM
I will speak to Simon at Amusement Worx and see if we can come up with a date else the first get together can be at my place with the next 2-3 weeks.

terry007
26th July 2006, 11:45 AM
I notice you have some pinnys for sale in the trading post. What are you selling?

judgeboz
26th July 2006, 01:29 PM
I enjoy the challange of fixing pinballs then taking photos and videos of my kids playing them but once thats done I get bored. So, I then like to find more not working and the challenge starts again.
So, every now and again I like to sell off what I have to make space and then get some more.

Currently I have:

No Fear
White Water (on ebay)
NBA Fastbreak
Dr Who
and an early electronic Lost World and Lectronamo.

Check out http://www.idxsystems.com.au/allpinballs2.jpg for the above machines.

Happy for any of the above to go (but not all). If anybody is interested you can contact me on 08 82983734 (or if you want to talk pinball or come over have a few games - you are welcome but we need to arrange a time.)

P.S. This was my previous stuff http://www.idxsystems.com.au/allpinballs.jpg

judgeboz
22nd September 2006, 02:05 PM
Ok guys, I just spoke to Simon at Amusementworx and he has suggested the 11th of October at approx 7:30pm. So keep this date free - more details to follow.

Darksoul
22nd September 2006, 07:02 PM
Sweet. I can go.

Crafty
22nd September 2006, 07:47 PM
NOOOOOOOoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fly to the Sunshine Coast with the wife and 3 kids to do the theme parks on the 9th......

Crap Crap Crap..
Count me out for this date....

I might have to console myself by visiting an arcade or two up that way with my son...

xygt
22nd September 2006, 09:27 PM
Not sweet, wife's on call.
Have fun though.

busboy
22nd September 2006, 11:09 PM
Cool, I should be able to make it!

Willie Wolf
23rd September 2006, 10:29 AM
Me too.

RetroBorg
23rd September 2006, 09:51 PM
I think I'm a good chance.

pigsie
3rd October 2006, 09:30 PM
Any updates on the Pinball Night :unsure

judgeboz
3rd October 2006, 10:19 PM
Any updates on the Pinball Night :unsure

It's all go for the 11th on this month (next Wednesday) at 7:30pm. It will be good to meet you guys face to face and talk pinball all night while giving our fingers a good workout. Hopefully Simon would have received his shipment of POTC pinballs by then for us to thrash - I mean play. See you there.:D

Crafty
4th October 2006, 11:13 AM
Have Fun, Take at the very least a few photo's for us to drool over...

While you are all together, please make another date and hopefully I will be able to come for the next one..

judgeboz
4th October 2006, 12:02 PM
Have Fun, Take at the very least a few photo's for us to drool over...

Sure will, I will take some photos and Darksoul will add more to his pinball DVD movie. I am hoping this a regular event.

Crafty
4th October 2006, 12:58 PM
I am hoping this a regular event.

YES :023: YES :041: YES

judgeboz
8th October 2006, 09:58 PM
Reminder 3 days to go.

RetroBorg
9th October 2006, 11:39 PM
Damm, I'm working 6pm to 3am that night. :x

Hopefully there's a good turn out and another one happens in the future.

Have a good time everyone. :(

terry007
10th October 2006, 10:11 AM
Did anyone else get a flyer in the post about this?, as well as advertising their other wares?:unsure

judgeboz
10th October 2006, 10:26 AM
Did anyone else get a flyer in the post about this?, as well as advertising their other wares?:unsure

If your are on Simon's email list then you would have received an email about the event tomorrow night. As this is first event, lets see how it goes and put forward any suggestions on improving it to me or Simon so we can make this a worth while and fun event in the future. Happy to chat about this further tomorrow night.

terry007
10th October 2006, 11:45 AM
If your are on Simon's email list then you would have received an email about the event tomorrow night. As this is first event, lets see how it goes and put forward any suggestions on improving it to me or Simon so we can make this a worth while and fun event in the future. Happy to chat about this further tomorrow night.

I was just commenting that, out of the blue, I got a flyer posted to me from Amusementworx yesterday, with some specials, games for sale and a notice about Wed nite.

pinsanity
10th October 2006, 11:58 AM
Yep, got the flyer yesterday.

Should be a good night, hopefully I can make it.:D

All depending on work situation:x

judgeboz
10th October 2006, 11:23 PM
See you there - 7:30pm sharp.

gamesrus
11th October 2006, 01:08 PM
See you there - 7:30pm sharp.
Hey Guys/Girls (you must be carefull)
all is ready for tonight just trying to get the high score on POC without much luck.
It will be great to say hi to all tonight
John it has been suggested to have name tags
but that just to much I think
I only hope there will be enough room to fit all.
maybe I have to many machines but hey my policy is packemin.
as anyone would know if they come to my Auctions
but not as bad shgould have enough room
yes I am hopping this is a great nite as this has been alot of fun to put together
see you all tonight
WIZZ

The Pinny Parlour
11th October 2006, 01:37 PM
Sounds like a heap of fun will be had. Wish I could make it myself.

Enjoy! :)

Davefjedi
11th October 2006, 01:56 PM
Sounds like a heap of will be had. Wish I could make it myself.

Enjoy! :)A heap of what ??????????????????:evil :evil :evil :D
spoil sport

Darksoul
11th October 2006, 05:23 PM
I'm going to get liquored up before coming. Have a function I need to pop into at the Tap Inn (Kent Town Hotel) before this.

Darksoul
11th October 2006, 11:23 PM
Turned out I didn't get a few under the belt.........had to help with the dishes before heading off so no drinkies for me. :cry

Just got back from the pinball meet held at Amusementworx on Magill Rd. Was great to put a lot of faces to names here on the forum.

Judgeboz whipped everyone on POTC, his highest score when I left was 93 million. He has also taken some pics, hopefuly he will upload a few.

Short video of the night here:

http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/videos/amusement.wmv

Here are the other vids that some have asked about and my webpages about backglasses:

http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/videos/Johns%20place.wmv
http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/videos/door.wmv
http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/videos/knob.wmv

http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/pinball/index.html

BIG THANKS to Simon for holding the meet!

gamesrus
12th October 2006, 09:17 AM
Hope all enjoyed them selfs.
well I kicked the last of them out at 12 midnight.
funny John was the last to leave plus a couple of other hardcorers?
would like some suggestions on what next
should I hold another one?
competitions better organised?
should we charge?(or is this to much) then turn on some food and free drinks
what about Adult entertainment? I was asked not once but several times wheres the titties, then was told guys would tip in for titties????THOUGHTS:rolleyes
was there to many machines?
space is an issue but comments where made that it created great vibes
my moto packemin seems to work ??
many people talked pin played pin I am sure dealed in some way about pin passed on ideas
all in all I feel a great night was had, I had a great time putting it together
hope all that came was impressed and will give me some good feed back, good or bad:lol
well it was a first for little old Adelaide!!!!

judgeboz
12th October 2006, 10:20 AM
What a fantastic night out. It was great to see some old faces again as well as some new ones (particularly from this forum). Lots for pinnie talk around personal collections, other collectors, tips and tricks and parts plus some laughs and good old fashion fun. The competiton on POTC was cool but it was really John from Maswon Lakes (big collector of 90s pinnies) that was the winner collecting the massive carryover super jackpot of $8 and myself coming a second. Paul Smith, the guy on the Collectors show which just aired recently on the ABC was also there (nice guy). All up - bloody great and about time all the pinnie heads of Adelaide came out of their sheds and shared their passion and stories with fellow players.

Big thanks to Simon for hosting the event with more events to come.

I took some photos and will hopefully post them later today.

Willie Wolf
12th October 2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Simon, for a good evening.

bwodie
12th October 2006, 10:53 AM
looked like an awesome night Simon.
I love the older fellas that do the big hip thrusts at the poor pins :)
Was some great machines there, will have to have a chat to you before my next purchase :)

terry007
12th October 2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks Simon for the opportunity to play your machines last night. Really enjoyed myself, and had a crack at nearly all the pins there (except for Playboy, POTC and Star wars) although I had played POTC a few weeks ago when I dropped in.
I had the most fun on Roadshow and LOTR, the rest didnt light my fire (in a machine that I would like to own sense).
And I made it into Brads video twice!!

Look forward to the next one.:)

RetroBorg
12th October 2006, 11:58 AM
Sounds like it was a great night, hopefully the next one isn't too far away and hopefully I wont have to work.

judgeboz
12th October 2006, 09:22 PM
Here are the pics from the evening. Bring on the next one.

Darksoul
12th October 2006, 11:11 PM
I never realised how gorgeous I really am!

:p

Davefjedi
13th October 2006, 07:21 AM
Good one fellas now comeon you dam Victorians if Queensland and Adeliade can do it so can we I would have it at my place but I think somewhere in Melbournes eastern burbs would be better as I live wayyyyyy out east

terry007
13th October 2006, 08:07 AM
Here are the pics from the evening. Bring on the next one.

Can we get some names to the faces?

gamesrus
13th October 2006, 11:51 AM
Great Photo's John.
the expressions on the faces say it all :p :p
every one had a fun night,

what do you think about a pre xmas show???
still waiting on some Ideas
funny I thought I would have had some feed back by now.:sleep
wizz

judgeboz
13th October 2006, 01:39 PM
what do you think about a pre xmas show???
still waiting on some Ideas
funny I thought I would have had some feed back by now.:sleep
wizz

Ok, I think early December would be good and then every 8-10 weeks.

Here are my suggestion:

Everybody with a tag indicating there name, Aussie Arcade and Ebay names, favorite pinnies era (eg 60s, 70s, 80, 90s, 2000), whats in their current collection (optional as some may want to keep this private).

Split the evening into 2 parts - family between 7 to 10pm and Adults only after 10pm (I know of some ladies that love to play pinball in the nude).

Maybe some light finger food - no greasy stuff else the fingers will slip off the flipper buttons.

Pinball comp across multiple machines - old and new (I think I have come up with a way to score across muliptle machines, taking into account the scoring levels of each machine) or maybe teams vs teams.

Door prize (eg rubber kit - for a machine of their choice).

Pinball trivia to see who really knows their pinball facts (happy to help here) .

Technical information segment on the internal workings of the latest Stern machine from a tech.

Invite others to show off their machines by bringing them in for the night (might see some classics appear).

how is that for starters... may need to be a weekend event instead to get this all in.

The Pinny Parlour
13th October 2006, 02:46 PM
Looks like a great time you all had fellas. Would like to get to one myself one time. Thanks for sharing the pics. :023:

LOTR4U
13th October 2006, 06:51 PM
Well done boyz! What a great turn out. Just wish I had the time to fly over and attend. Maybe next time! :D

Where are the names to faces??? :unsure

Keep it up!

judgeboz
13th October 2006, 10:21 PM
Where are the names to faces??? :unsure

Ok the guys I know are the ones in the last photo - I will leave up to someone else to identify others. From left to right (in the last photo)

Chris - into EM push up ball pinnies (has about 10)

Brad (aka Darksoul - the handsome one) - has about 6 early electronics Gottliebs

Paul - the guy from the ABC Collectors show a month ago has some early model electronic pinnies.

If you interstaters are interested in attending the next one please let us know and we'll see what we can do.