PDA

View Full Version : Gunna - Build a jukebox

mxd
22nd October 2008, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys

One of my plans is to build a jukebox, I quite like the BIG ones (it will be in the garage and rolled out for parties/BBQ's/Weekend with the kids in the backyard) and was thinking to go with either a lowboy arcade cab look or a full size arcade cab look. (has added advantage of swapping control panels to be a games machine).

I would like to run, MP3 JukeBox, music video jukebox, Ultrastar, frets on fire, any karoke type setup.

With this in mind would a full size be a better option so the "singer" can look at a screen and the "audience" ?

I have seen a few of the examples here and quite like Adams (was it him who used a ticket machine) with the pretty lights and stuff.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks
Matt

Ford Fairlane
22nd October 2008, 05:43 PM
regardless of whether its a lowboy or upright, they are all designed with gaming in mind originally. Therefore you will see the screen regardless of your choice. Go with what you like and what you have space for.

My 2 cents

:unsure

WOKA
22nd October 2008, 09:07 PM
My thoughts are a scaled down version of a Megatech cabinet.. Dual screens, one for song selections etc, the other for Music vids and PC activity, MAME etc.. Of course you would make the top screen larger (15" touch for song selection) and the bottom screen a 19" LCD 4:3 perhaps, and as mentioned, scaled down to 70% from original.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc267/woka-woka-woka/Megatech.jpg