PDA

View Full Version : XXXX in one, setup and configuration..?

bboy_h
12th October 2008, 12:08 PM
After finally tracking one down, i am a little confused on how I am supposed to set it up. I know the Jamma side is plug and play, but does the system have a power on button/switch, or does it turn on when the ATX supply is switched on at the GPO?

Do I need the arcade power supply aswell as the ATX supply for the board, or will it use the power rails from the ATX power supply?

Anything else I should know for the setup? I have looked through the booklet with the system, and can find no reference to setup, but plenty of chinglish!

I am also interested in the 4 player mode. Can this be achieved without the other system? Obviously the 3 & 4 player buttons need to be wired to the mini daughter board, but does the system sense anything else, or are these input controls suffice to enable 4 player games?

All help appreciated. Hopefully I don't need that Arcade Switch Mode Power Supply...

neo-mvs-man
15th October 2008, 07:07 PM
Do you have a JAMMA harness wired to a power supply.
Is this a pcb?
what are you trying to do, do you have a monitor? does it have power?
Do you have a control panel wired to the JAMMA harness?Speaker?
If so just plug in the XXXXin1 to the JAMMA harness and flick the power switch:unsure

bboy_h
16th October 2008, 05:59 AM
Do you have a JAMMA harness wired to a power supply.
Is this a pcb?
what are you trying to do, do you have a monitor? does it have power?
Do you have a control panel wired to the JAMMA harness?Speaker?
If so just plug in the XXXXin1 to the JAMMA harness and flick the power switch:unsure

No not yet. Found out i need the two supply's. Thought I only needed the one. The supply on the Jamma side of my cab is rooted, so that's why I was asking the question.

narf_
16th October 2008, 07:55 AM
the arcade psu uses the 12 and 5v it is possible to take this off the pc power supply

or for $30 buy a arcade one to be safe