PDA

View Full Version : Making a 360 region free

opm881
9th October 2008, 09:11 PM
Why halloh thar. Ok, there is a thing in the states called club live, its run by microsoft. There are programs that still do all the work, i just dont have to. They will allow me to get the points needed to score an xbox 360 for free. Now comes my problem. 360s arnt region free. Is there a way i can make them region free? Dont really care about warranty. I ahve a cousin who is in the states right now so that was how i was going to get the 360.

DevoDave
9th October 2008, 09:25 PM
There is a way to change a US-region Xbox360 into a Region 4 (PAL) one, but it is not for the faint-hearted.

Many games are region-free already. There is a list at Play-Asia.com
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

opm881
9th October 2008, 09:43 PM
can i get info on the us to pal swap?

DevoDave
10th October 2008, 06:04 AM
Here is a start... You're probably at the bottom of a very steep J curve.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=621073

You'll be needing an Infectus modchip with a timing attack add-on.

NickD
10th October 2008, 11:25 AM
When you rip Iso's and put them through Dvd mulleter, Im pretty sure theres a option to patch the games and make them region free.

So if you install the custom firmware and patch and burn your games, you shouldn't need to do switch the region of the console.

Ric
10th October 2008, 12:16 PM
this is possibly a stupid quesiton however other than the power supply (which will be 115V) if you played a US XBOX on a TV that can handle NTSC output could you not use the US Xbox in Australia and buy games from the US?

opm881
10th October 2008, 03:32 PM
I could but its difficult when ever i want a game to order it from the states. I wont be playing pirate games on the xbox. I like live :P Decided probably cbf'd trying to do it cause it will take 55 days and then it isnt 100% that M$ will send it

DevoDave
10th October 2008, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=Mame Man;215405]When you rip Iso's and put them through Dvd mulleter, Im pretty sure theres a option to patch the games and make them region free.[QUOTE]

Nope. You can patch Xbox1 games to another region, and DVD Mulleter will display the region of the 360 game you are ripping, but you cannot change the region of a 360 game at this point in time.

neo-mvs-man
10th October 2008, 05:36 PM
Sounds like a hassle !

Should just buy an Aussie one, i don't have the time for that shit just for a common old xbox360.

I don't know about anyone else:unsure

opm881
10th October 2008, 05:44 PM
i cbf'd any more. Too much trouble to organise. Just going to have to get some cash and buy one

LiveToRide
10th October 2008, 05:58 PM
Yer mate there all scams really, everyone says that they get one but no one really dose! Get a 360 and get the dvd drived flashed! Havnt had a problem with playing "backed up" games on live, as long as you dont download one off the net and play it befoure its relased here you should be ok!

opm881
10th October 2008, 06:14 PM
Nah, i have seen the proof, club live does work. Its run by M$. They already got sued for failing to deliver on some of their items and lost a shit load of money.

LiveToRide
11th October 2008, 02:29 PM
Mate i know about club live but yer like i said half the time you wont get the stuff! And the effort of it all out weighs just buying an aus box and getting it modded!

opm881
12th October 2008, 11:22 AM
yea, half the time you dont get teh stuff. A guy asked me about it and i said the same thing to him. Its cause they can just claim that you were botting. I dont want to play burnt games though(:o shock horror), i just was looking at club live as a way to get a free 360 but with the time and effort it wiuld take to get it i cbf;'d