PDA

View Full Version : Game selection - why?

felixthadog
7th October 2008, 02:28 PM
I am looking at the 48-in-1 game list and noticed that there are a mixture of 2-way, 4-way & 8-way joystick games, as well as a couple of Trackball & Dial/Paddle games, and 1 Horizontal game. I don't understand the thinking behind these choices of games, as far as I can tell if I set my joysticks to 4-way then I only really have 25 playable games out of the 48 on the board. Playing a game like 1942 would suck with a 4-way joystick. However, if I set my joysticks to 8-way, I would only have 14 playable games. Playing a game like Donkey Kong would suck with an 8-way joystick.

Do people set their joysticks to 2-way, 4-way or 8-way for the 48-in-1? :unsure

Matthew

knight76
7th October 2008, 02:59 PM
Im sure people would set them to 8 way and just get used to using an 8 way joystick in only 4 planes of movement.

Fish Tales
7th October 2008, 03:07 PM
sux trying to play pacman with an 8way stick, in a 48in1 I slide sticks to 4way and make do......didnt you post about this ages ago matt?

spacies
7th October 2008, 03:11 PM
I I don't understand the thinking behind these choices of games,

Ring China. They have no idea about game choice. They just see the names, hundreds of them then argue with each other, then add the ones they think we want without putting too much thought into the joystick configuration.

Go figure :unsure

felixthadog
7th October 2008, 03:19 PM
sux trying to play pacman with an 8way stick, in a 48in1 I slide sticks to 4way and make do......didnt you post about this ages ago matt?

Did I? :unsure I remember asking the same question in Chat but not getting a response (got lost in the wealth of posts), but I can't remember posting a thread about it. Sorry if I have, I'll go searching for the thread and see if there were any answers.

Cheers,
Matthew

EDIT: Yep, just found the thread, what an idiot :redface

metz
13th November 2008, 02:38 PM
and cant you just have certain games listed maybe thats the thinking

4 way and just list the 4 way games:unsure

Fish Tales
13th November 2008, 02:56 PM
and cant you just have certain games listed maybe thats the thinking

4 way and just list the 4 way games:unsure

didnt think of it like that, may make sense!

Davefjedi
13th November 2008, 02:57 PM
You can disable games from the menu
personaly I have a 4 way on P1 and an 8 way on P2 so i make sure if i am playing an 8 way game I am player 2 and vice versa ;)