PDA

View Full Version : blue elf 108 in 1

neo-mvs-man
6th October 2008, 12:48 PM
Has anybody used one of these.....http://www.in2amusements.com.au/shop/index.php/3/140_Blue_Elf_108_In_1_Jamma_Board

are they any good?
E.g. are the games straight copies from the originals or are they hacked with bodgey cheats and different difficulties?:unsure

spacies
6th October 2008, 12:53 PM
Apparently a lot better than the 193.
Jaspar did a quick review on it a coupla days back.

I am gonna get one for my new Candy Cab.

neo-mvs-man
6th October 2008, 01:02 PM
Apparently a lot better than the 193.
Jaspar did a quick review on it a coupla days back.

I am gonna get one for my new Candy Cab.

Is this it ......http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=17802

i was hoping to get a bit more info on the actual games, as in how badly hacked they are!:unsure

Supremicus
6th October 2008, 01:06 PM
Was looking at getting one for my big blue cab, but i ended up selling the cab on the weekend when i took it to my mates birthday party. So not much use getting one now, but i might for a future project. If you get one let us know how it is since it looks like a nice little system, has most of my favorites on it which is why i was interested.

spacies
6th October 2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah.

Not much info. There is always going to be some sacrifices on these multi boards but this sounds ok. Maybe bump that thread and ask for more details and some screen shots?

neo-mvs-man
6th October 2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah i only saw it yesterday, may get one but want more info first!

my 38-in1 neo cartridge seemed good at first but cracks started to appear when i realised you couldn't save hi-scores (or the motherboard cant readthem) and the games themselves were butchered, dont get me wrong i still use it for certain games, but i am not as stoked with it as i was at first!

Supremicus
6th October 2008, 01:24 PM
High scores not saving is most likely the battery on the mainboard has had it unless the roms are pretty hacked up.

neo-mvs-man
6th October 2008, 01:28 PM
High scores not saving is most likely the battery on the mainboard has had it unless the roms are pretty hacked up.

Not so, as the time and date are fine even after being switched off for dayz!

And all my normal neo-carts retain the high scores of the last eight inserted cartridges! It may be something with the amount being over 8 games and the motherboard doesn't know what to do!

Supremicus
6th October 2008, 01:35 PM
ah ok thought that might be the case.

neo-mvs-man
6th October 2008, 01:43 PM
Was looking at getting one for my big blue cab, but i ended up selling the cab on the weekend when i took it to my mates birthday party.

Awesome.
Did you get an offer too good to refuse?

Supremicus
6th October 2008, 01:47 PM
Not really was more of a break even price, it's going to the pinball fund tho.

solderfumes
12th October 2008, 11:29 PM
looks like a very promising board

370parsons
13th October 2008, 01:32 AM
great game selection on board look forward to seeing some screen shots

astroboy440
13th October 2008, 01:42 AM
Here's a vid posted:

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=17339&page=2&highlight=193

neo-mvs-man
13th October 2008, 04:40 PM
Here's a vid posted:

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showt...&highlight=193

looks alright!
do you guys reckon it's got a hard drive?
and what's that noise when he fires it up.....sounds like his screen is arcing out:unsure

jaspar
13th October 2008, 10:29 PM
No hard drive
All in one case, very easy to install about the size of a neo geo cart.
Very fast load to menu and game loads.

If you want to know anything particular let me know and i will check it out for you.

tika
16th October 2008, 08:30 AM
Hey Jasper, a few questions for you:

- Is this a full hardware based game loader? (As in, it's not a re badged PC with a P4 CPU etc)
- How easy would it be to put other games onto it?
- Is it possible to update the games/firmware/emulator?

jaspar
16th October 2008, 03:11 PM
Hey Jasper, a few questions for you:

- Is this a full hardware based game loader? (As in, it's not a re badged PC with a P4 CPU etc)
- How easy would it be to put other games onto it?
- Is it possible to update the games/firmware/emulator?

Sure

1. Fully hardware based, no cpu, or power supply. Enclosed in a blue plastic case, it makes no noise.

2. I would say impossible at this stage would be the same as a 48 in 1

3. Same i haven't opened the box but i would imagine its all flash based memory.

neo-mvs-man
16th October 2008, 07:44 PM
Does it save your high scores?
I think it matters when you have a cab;)

jaspar
16th October 2008, 09:10 PM
No high score saving which is big let down.

neo-mvs-man
16th October 2008, 10:07 PM
Vagina.

solderfumes
10th December 2008, 06:01 PM
I just bought one its excellent and "worth the money", one of the metal slugs runs a bit slow, you get 60 seconds to decide which one the 108 games you will choose to play, but all up its awesome and the game selection is great speed and sound quality are very good , would highly recommended it, its mostly neogeo stuff, so get one I say! :cool:

neo-mvs-man
10th December 2008, 06:46 PM
Let me guess, metal slug 2?
Everybody thinks this game has slow down, i personally own the game and think it's deliberate programming.

Anyhow, post if vid if you can.
Cheers.

AdamC
10th December 2008, 07:24 PM
I just bought one its excellent and "worth the money", one of the metal slugs runs a bit slow, you get 60 seconds to decide which one the 108 games you will choose to play, but all up its awesome and the game selection is great speed and sound quality are very good , would highly recommended it, its mostly neogeo stuff, so get one I say! :cool:

Why do you only get 60 sec ???

Does to go into random mode or something ? Or just in demo mode like the 48's ??

:unsure

neo-mvs-man
10th December 2008, 07:50 PM
Why do you only get 60 sec ???

Does to go into random mode or something ? Or just in demo mode like the 48's ??

:unsure

Hey Adam was that the 48-in-1 i sold you in the other thread about the 48-in-1 wiring setup? And how is it going?

AdamC
10th December 2008, 08:01 PM
Its going good. I had it setup in a lowboy i made, but im changing that to a mame cab and selling it to a mate.
Ive just about finished a little bartop that im going to put the 48 in. ;)

neo-mvs-man
10th December 2008, 08:46 PM
Sweet.:cool:

jaspar
10th December 2008, 11:43 PM
here is the insides:
Whats that nice 4Gb flash doing there ready for hacking!
I'll be popping one open soon
http://www.in2amusements.com.au/inside.jpg

spacies
11th December 2008, 07:17 AM
Interesting to see that flash card. LOL.
I would back it up to say the least. Lemme know how you get on with hacking it. My experiences is that as soon as you put it in a card reader it wants to format it only. Never tried the card from one of these though. There has to be a way around it though.

Interesting.

neo-mvs-man
11th December 2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the pics Jason.

Yes, that little card tucked away in it's slot leaves a lot open to the imagination!!

And it's not like piracy (am i correct) because they didn't license these titles anyway?

solderfumes
12th December 2008, 06:06 PM
metal slug 5 is a bit slow when there's a lot of action on screen, and you get 60 seconds to choose the game once you insert a credit, would be great if you could change that to longer, other than that is excellent!

jaspar
13th January 2009, 10:59 PM
Got around to opening one and have a crack at the flash card inside.

Its a 4gb flash.
Can be read in windows no problems

The file format the games come in are .MPQ files one for each game(no MPQ readers would read the files) so most likely this is some propreity format.

There is also a .dat file which seems to cotaiin the boot up and start menu.

I looked at with a hex editor and couldn't make much out of any of the files.

Need more people looking at this one.

I did take a copy of the files and save them to HDD, if anyone wants to have a look. PM me.

dmworking247
13th January 2009, 11:34 PM
I know this is a total stretch, but stranger things have happened.

Have you tried renaming the .MPQ to .ZIP and seeing if its just a renamed zipped rom? Any chance the board is just a custom board disguising a MAME rig?

Mika73
10th June 2009, 11:45 PM
Blue Elf cartridge says 2008, does anyone know if 2009 model is coming soon? :)

narf_
10th June 2009, 11:56 PM
welink news email

1) Blue ELF 2009 Upgraded - 310 in 1 Coming soon on next weeks

excellentnet

Dear Sir,

Blue Elf ver.II 309 in 1 released, best quality more stable.

id say yeah

stu
11th June 2009, 12:16 AM
Best quality!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mika73
11th June 2009, 01:11 AM

There is not info about games yet?

Any other new Multi Jammas coming.. Like New wersion of classic 48 in 1/60 in 1 :)

--

Here is list of games..
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=795437#post795437

So many games that say nothing for me and so many versions of King Of Fighters..

Mika73
30th July 2009, 06:35 PM
Does someone have this new 2009 310-in-1 version of Blue Elf? How do you like it? :)

martymoose
31st July 2009, 12:42 PM

There is not info about games yet?

Any other new Multi Jammas coming.. Like New wersion of classic 48 in 1/60 in 1 :)

--

I would like to see a 50 in 1 driving for all those driving cabs out there

narf_
31st July 2009, 01:04 PM
all you need is a cabinet with a pot assembly for steering and hack a old gaming wheel. All i did was remove the wires off the pot in the gaming wheel and install them in the wheel on the cab. Crude but works fine

snippy
11th August 2009, 04:58 PM
Gday,

I'm just about to pull the trigger to order a blue elf 2009 (308 in 1) board. Weighing it up tonite before impulse buying.

I have read both good and bad things about it. I've decided that if it happens to play snow brothers good, I'll ignore everything else bad about it. Snow brothers is one of my favourite arcade games.

Anyway, if anyone has had any experience with them, or know a good place to get them at a desent price, please let me know.

Here is a crappy video of someone playing a sf2 hack on a neo geo button setup on a blue elf (I don't know why bother, but anyway).

YouTube - SNK BARTOP NEO GEO & BLUE ELF 308 - the menu system looks nice at least.

Cheers,
Snippy.

hbk_life
11th August 2009, 07:44 PM
hey mate, how much are you paying for the board? im looking at getting one myself to save some pennys, however I cant find many places selling them. Also, what did the reviews say about it?

losersclub
12th August 2009, 07:26 AM
Hi guys, with regards to the Blue Elf 108 BOARD, did anyone have any problems getting it to run properly? I had (what i presume to be a faulty board) bought one from a french site but had to return it for a refund as every game froze up and crashed within 20-30 seconds!

Just wondered if anyone has experienced anything similiar as i've been offered one much cheaper from someone in the UK so i just want to make sure it isn't my cab (sega astro city) causing the problem, i was under the impression the Blue Elf was straight plug and play just like a jamma board - no modification required?

Many thanks

James

con
12th August 2009, 12:30 PM
I bought a blue elf version 2 (309 games) from san star for $110 USD + postage
no problems here yet although some games run at a lower frame rate...choppy as hell.:lol

narf_
23rd August 2009, 06:07 PM
sounds like the 308 is the happy fish rebadged

i just bought a 108 they seem to work ok from seeing them in the flesh

plus there cheap :cool: